Mission: Come to Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
1) Amazing leadership under Satya our new CEO and Steve Worrall the M.D. in Australia
2) The Number one cloud company in the world (literally)
3) The greatest sales training you could ask for, ongoing mentoring, coaching and support. The M.D. even does call coaching with the sales reps!
4) The best pay anybody could ever ask for
5) international travel
6) clearly defined processes
1) way too many complex tools and poor systems e.g; Microsoft Dynamics does not even let you call through the web browser so you have to install this very slow time consuming app called “Unified Service Desk” (USD) which is very slow and crashes non stop. Dynamics and Outlook also don’t integrate well at all!
2) still a bit too “old school” and rigid when it comes to some things such as dress for example
3) quite a lot of politics within the Sales Teams due to their being way too many people
4) commission is capped at 200% for sales reps and pay is below industry average.
Advice to Management
1) Try to focus on hiring quality over some quantity. Microsoft hires far too many people too quickly.
2) Don’t give him in to office politics and stupid, pointless games that are designed to show off over pathetic achievements and suck up. Say no to this and focus on what really matters
3) offer employees a lot more stock - we deserve it! :)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sydney) in October 2017.
It helps to have a connection within Microsoft who can endorse your application. Interview has 2 parts - phone and then, if you progress, face-to-face. You can apply for positions online via their Careers website to have your application in the mix. Remuneration isn't discussed until the job offer is made, but you can still ask questions around this topic.
Meet the man behind Bing Predicts and see how machine learning is forecasting the future: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIMWe
Microsoft’s designers approach their products from their own unique angles. Learn how designers from across the company get to revolutionize the user experience. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIWkn