2evolve Employee Reviews about "team leader"

Updated 18 Mar 2020

2.8
Pros
  • "I found the team leaders - Rebecca & Anthony in particular, to be really supportive and helpful(in 12 reviews)

• "If you like working with backpackers this is the place to be(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "More updates on future Charities caming on board(in 23 reviews)

• "My team leader had next to no positive influence and instead of trying to boost morale would take me to one side and tell me to stop being negative(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "team leader"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun job- great experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best job available for backpackers willing to spend fun time chatting with people all day long in shopping mall/shopping centre/busy streets! The job is paid hourly so it gets you a secure weekly income! Helping the organizations they rapresent is also really honorable! Commission on top is a PLUS They provide full paid training and they look after you till you become independent! Socially one of the best job I have ever had as they believe in team culture and they organize often drinks all together!

Cons

The job can be stressful and difficult sometimes but the team leaders are really helpful and keen on supporting!

"Unrealistic targets and uncomfortable chairs"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Surry Hills

I have been working at 2evolve full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Coworkers are always nice - HR is fine - They have a kitchen and provide tea and coffee

Cons

- Extremely unrealistic targets, they wanted me to get a 33% successful call ratio, after 8 hours training and working there for 5 days. - The 8 week training program is a sham to pay you less, you get trained for one day and then they chuck you on the phones with a script. - They have you lie about things to get people to donate more e.g the script I was reading off said "One in three children in Malawi are suffering from and a lot of the time these kids don't make it past the age of 5" but my team leader told me to say "One in three children in Malawi aren't actually making it past the age of 5 due to chronic malnutrition" greatly inflating the amount of children that die to make people feel bad. - They make you hit a minimum amount of $ per call average or they fire you, they want you to average $120 in upgrades per call and if you get 120 120 60 then they will be disappointed as if we have any say in how much people want to increase. - To get any sort of bonus or commission you have to hit 70 succesful calls a week, 14 per day, the most I ever seen someone get in a day while I was there is 18 and all the other days 9/10 people got 8-10 successful calls.

"Worst company ever."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at 2evolve

Pros

Close to train station/transport. Occasional snacks. Von was very friendly, he should be promoted.

Cons

casual job yet the hours are inflexible. very little training. team leader expected me, a new employee working only a couple of days, to achieve same level of work output as an experienced person working there for a couple of years. The company keeps like 40-50% of all donations to give pay rises. Company is unethical and keeps too much of donors money. I honestly feel like returning my last two paycheques knowing where the dirty stolen money came from. The privacy of customer/donor information is not maintained at all, amy employee can find this out and steal it. Pay is horrible, not worth the work involved. Team leader shouted at me because my computer was not working...even though it is the company's duty to sort this out. I was a new employee of less than a week, and was shouted at for not getting my computer fixed...should not be my problem, they should have fixed it. If you are casual, they can let you go (fire you) at the end of any shift. Company writes fake reviews on glassdoor just to make themselves look good. Many more problems to note, I just don't want to waste any more time for this shambolic excuse of a scam-company.

"Shambolic company"

Former Employee - Telefundraiser in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Base pay was okay, late starts okay if you like late finishes.

Cons

I received none of the training that I was supposed to receive in the first week. The advice I received from one training 'professional' would contradict advice from another 'professional'. My team leader had next to no positive influence and instead of trying to boost morale would take me to one side and tell me to stop being negative. When I was fired, I brought these issues up as concerns of mine, as I felt that I hadn't been treated fairly and was essentially forgotten about. I had two people in the meeting with me and their response was essentially "its too late to do anything about it now". Even though I was calm and not causing a problem, just asking questions, a third person came into the room trying to add a factor of intimidation; unnecessary and unprofessional.

Continue reading

"I would give it 0 starts if I could"

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time hours, can’t think of anything else

Cons

I would give it 0 stars if I could Waited for my last pay to make this review (which was held anyways because of a $20 hat that I never received) Where should I start? • Bullying •. Racism •. Hire and fire every week •. Poor management •. Poor training Do you want a stressful and toxic environment? Do you want to get worried about getting fired every day and top of that have a rude team leader yelling and swearing at you on the phone? Then this is the job for you! And no, don’t even think of complaining because they will sweep it under the rug and push you out of the door. Completely disgusting company, by far the worst I have ever worked for.

"Don’t Apply Here !"

Former Employee - Tele Fundraiser in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at 2evolve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their pay is the only good thing

Cons

They come across like having a friendly work atmosphere but it’s all fake and clicky in my opinion.They behave like 4 year olds playing games when it’s about being at work. Never the less if you like that environment fine. But they claim to be supportive and say training lasts 6 weeks I think they said. “Training” ?! They hire on the basis that you don’t have to have previous call Centre experience and they’ll train you but I got let go in my first week there simply because I didn’t hit target at least 2 days in a row. ( You HAVE to reach target AT LEAST 2 days in a row from them to progress you onto the second week ) . They didn’t disclose this with us before we started and if you don’t have experience how are you supposed to be able to hit 15/20+ sales in a day as a starting point?? They try to catch up with you for development meetings throughout to help you progress but I had a meeting with my team leader in my week there and told him I needed extra help/training in a particular area to improve, he told me he’d sort it but nothing ever happened. I was then let go for not hitting targets ? They expected me to hit targets without getting the extra help I asked for ? . They have such a high turn over rate as-well a colleague I spoke to at the time said they hire nearly every week so I imagine I’m not the first person for this to happen to.

Business Partner

I can see you were disappointed that the role didn't work out. Even during the training period, staff have targets and this is communicated during the recruitment and induction process. The targets ramp up during the training so new staff are not expected to achieve the same levels as experienced staff. If staff are unable to meet these reduced targets, we do review whether we should progress with them to the next stage of the training. It is a sales based role and being able to work to targets is a key requirement to being a successful fundraiser.

"An Experience of Total Embarrassment"

Former Employee - Caller in Surry Hills

I worked at 2evolve full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The pay is reasonable for a backpacking job. - If you have to do charity fundraising, in my experience it's easier and less stressful doing it in a call center. This is not an endorsement of anything positive about 2evolve though. Would you rather do a degrading job on the street or in an office? - If you're a backpacker who's just arrived in Sydney the office is within walking distance of a lot of popular hostels, restaurants and clubs. - The people (not including management) I worked with were thoroughly decent.

Cons

- 1: What this job involves. If you're unlucky enough to clear the interview process for a job at 2evolve you will be trained to work in their call center. Training means being taught to read a script while emphasizing different emotional tones and being taught to operate a crude Microsoft software package. Once you've done that (and honestly, you could probably train your dumbest cousin to do these things) you begin making calls. The calls aim to raise money for a variety of high-profile charities. Different teams make different calls. Some aim to find new people to donate money to charities. Others aim to raise donations from existing charity members. I worked on both, and there are other teams which do other variations on the same basic call/get money theme. On a typical day you'll call around forty people. Very often they're pensioners, students or people who do not want to speak to you. Using various sales techniques you try to get these people to give you money. You are not encouraged to think of these people as people. They are wallets stuffed with cash. Your job is to open the wallet and take as much as you can. Imagine walking into an old person's home; you come across an infirm eighty-year-old woman, and decide to lift her off her feet, turn her upside down and shake her until all her money rustles to the ground. Well, at least the money is going to charity! In the old USSR dissidents used to believe that the political class would be brought down by embarrassment. They'd look around at the malfunctioning society they had built and continued to maintain, see how bad it had become, and simply slink off the stage. I imagine they'll reach this level at 2evolve fairly soon. Everyone involved will admit their embarrassment and shut the place down. Overall this is a boring job that requires little skill, with sinister direct sales overtones. You'd need superhuman endurance to do it for longer than a couple of weeks. Any professional qualifications or educational experience you previously had is worth nothing in this dead zone. -2: Performance Management. 2evolve use a system of targets, averages, daily performance reviews and twice daily team meetings to monitor your performance. Ostensibly this is to make sure you actually get people to give money to charity, but the system of targets and averages also functions as an easy way to fire you whenever management wants to. Taken as a whole the monitoring system sets up a series of demands, which management insists are reasonable, like, say, getting two people a day to sign up to the charity. A week later this becomes five people a day. Or six. At the daily team meetings your team leader sets a higher target. They think you'll get seven people to sign up in the next three hours. They says this like it's reasonable. When management discovers that it's system and it's demands are not reasonable, they don't conclude that the problem is with their demands or their system. They conclude that the problem is with the individual who cannot fit in with the system or meet it's demands. And that's when they sack you. -3. People management. Daily meetings with management had a claustrophobic, unctuous aspect.. Management at 2evolve is micro management. We were told to clean our shoes and not to wear hoodies. I'm surprised I didn't have to stick my hand up and ask a team leader every time I needed the toilet. After a few days the sense of taking orders and being commanded becomes insufferable. None of the micro-management is necessary and serves only to make those in management feel important, like they're doing something. The fascination of power in its purest form has been linked to the growing number of its accumulated victims. The close and constant monitoring of employees by management at 2evolve is a particularly smalltime and pointless form of this power. 4. Atmospherics. As you might gather from what I've written above, 2evolve has a truly terrible atmosphere. I've read other reviews that refer to camaraderie in the office, and yes, there is camaraderie, the kind that prisoners have in chain gangs. Everything has a bitter edge, smoking breaks, jokes, small talk of all kinds, draped as they are with the collective awareness of how awful it is to be stuck working at 2evolve. Management tries to brighten everything up by playing word games in the twice daily team-meetings. One day I watched as a colleague literally snorted in disgust and stormed to his desk, too embarrassed to play the demeaning and childish games any longer. Now you might counter all this and say, well, at least you're raising money for charity. Having spent some time in and around the fundraising industry, and specifically with 2evolve, I'd argue that you're better off getting some real skills and helping charities by working or interning for them directly, rather than debasing yourself here. This is an amoral job that masquerades as philanthropy and if you stay too long you'll end up despising most charities and most of the people you have to call.

Business Partner

Thanks for your very detailed review. You obviously did not enjoy your time in our call centre and we know that these roles are not for everyone. We do try to provide potential employees with as much information about the role as possible before they start so to limit a mismatch. This includes being clear that it is an outbound direct sales role that requires working to targets (nothing hidden or sinister!). It is also an entry level role with no requirements for previous experience or qualifications (we agree it's not brain surgery!). We also do have a dress code for all our staff and if you are working in the call centre, you will be expected to dress appropriately for an office. I hope you found a role that is a better fit and wish you all the best.

"Wolf of Wall Street on a D list budget"

Former Contractor - Telemarketer in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve for more than a year

Pros

-Close to central station -People can be nice

Cons

As with any of these reviews, where do I start... -When I called a former donors wife and was advised her husband had passed on, my team leader stated that I should tell this widow that it was her deceased husbands intention to have her continue donating to the Sydney Children's Hospital. WHAT THE ACTUAL... - Management would nit pick the most irrelevant things such as dress code when it was clearly an unprofessional environment in the first instance. - We had to clean the office each week: each team were on a rotational basis cleaning the office after finishing work (@8pm). We were literally on the same level as Maccas staff except McDonalds training is thorough and well respected. -Breeds an environment of backstabbing, micromanagement and PTSD

Business Partner

There is no need to resort to name calling when providing feedback and criticism. We provide continuous training on ethical fundraising practices and expect our team leaders to lead by example so I am really disappointed to hear your feedback. We obviously need to work even harder to ensure that every conversation with donors meets our standards. We do believe that a professional dress code and a tidy office environment are important. We have professional cleaners that come in on a daily basis, however staff are expected to keep their work and break out areas clean out of respect for their fellow team members. PTSD is a serious mental health condition and should not be trivialised. There are a lot of channels to support genuine instances of PTSD and if you or anyone needs assistance with this, please don't hesitate to contact me on Katrina.hawkins@2evolve.com.au.

"Unethical and very disappointing"

Telefundraiser

I worked at 2evolve

Pros

Vending machine in the kitchen

Cons

Breaks are unpaid; wage is below the award for the first month. The actual job was different to the job ad, the interview scenarios and even their training. We were prepared for one thing and then dropped in the deep end when we were forced to start calling without enough information to give the supporters who answered the phone. Scripts were poorly worded and riddled with grammatical and spelling errors, and lacking basic information about the campaigns we were supposed to sell - and they were handed to us seconds before we had to start calling, with no chance to read them beforehand. Even the software was different from the training, all of which obviously sets you up to fail immediately while the shift leaders sit next to you and give disapproving looks. Part of the training was to listen to more experienced fundraisers, which meant I was treated to one team leader pressuring elderly and sick people to donate money they repeatedly said they couldn't afford. Absolutely unethical behaviour, and I'm very sure that if the charities knew the tactics used, they'd remove all affiliation with 2evolve. I was also charged $125 (around 5 hours' pay!) for the headset, which is obviously a necessity for the role, and it arrived covered in grease and someone else's hair.

Continue reading

"Extremely high turn over of employees"

2.0
    Telefundraiser in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve

Pros

Can be fun to mess around in between calls. Most employees are very nice and good fun.

Cons

Extremely high turnover of employees, I was one of around 12 who joined and was when I voluntarily left 2 weeks in there were only 3 or 4 of us left. Targets aren't high but they misunderstand the statistical significance of a percentage of successful calls, it doesn't make sense to expect the same percentage from such a small amount of connects. My team leader was also making calls and I only saw her get one sign up the entire time I worked there and she fired people regularly for not meeting targets. There are also moral questions to be asked of a business that makes a profit out of charity. Although it is true that a charity needs a company like 2evolve to increase their revenue, it is still exploitation of a charity's weakness.

Found 13 reviews