ALS Reviews

3.1
ALS Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer  Raj Naran
Raj Naran
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay for the amount of work that is expected(in 30 reviews)

• "Long hours, unpaid overtimes , stress low salary(in 22 reviews)

1. "Proud to be ALS!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Client Service Officer- Innovation Lead in Stafford

I have been working at ALS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ALS has grown in the 11 years I've been there into a global force for positivity, quality, uniting staff to be One ALS . Our goal is to be the first choice provider to not only our clients but our people as well. Encouragement, positive reinforcement, celebrating success and leading in quality are the reasons I'm not going anywhere else.

Cons

We don't always get it right but doing it better and continuous improvement are our core values. One of our other core values is honest and integrity . If things go wrong we simply say" sorry" and do it better. No BS.

February 6, 2020Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with your long term employment with ALS, and how aligned you are with the ALS Core Values! Every day is an opportunity for improvement and we're always striving for better. It's a pleasure to be on this journey with you. Keep up the great work!

2. "Good place to start"

2.0
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Kalgoorlie

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level experience for getting your foot in the door

Cons

Cost cutting in the busniess is rampant

May 25, 2020Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. We strive for continuous improvement and always appreciate hearing about current and past employee experiences. As with most businesses globally, we are in unprecedented circumstances at the moment and unfortunately having to make cost reductions wherever possible to secure our business. We wish you all the best with your career journey.

3. "Lab tech"

1.0
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant

I have been working at ALS part-time

Pros

Routine testing, tribology and sales

Cons

Bad time management & really tiring

4. "Hard to get hired or fired"

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Brisbane

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work Little pressure with little chance of getting fired International company so there is a proven pathway Long lunches

Cons

With no firings means you work with some absolute trash coworkers They only hire based on network (ie friends and family) not based on competency

February 6, 2020Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback and we will endeavour to take your ideas on board for continual improvement. We appreciate any feedback that may help us to improve the experience of our employees and would like to investigate your views on our performance management and recruitment processes further. If you would like to provide more details confidentially, please reach out to the Corporate HR management team at HR.Enquiries@alsglobal.com.

5. "It's a Job"

Former Employee - Lab Assistant

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not going to run out of work to do.

Cons

Not challenging enough for me.

January 29, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. ALS is very pleased that its customers appreciate our service and that they keep us busy. To further the knowledge and potential of its employees ALS provides a large range of training to ensure our staff are constantly developing and feeling challenged in their roles but also to allow staff to take responsibility for their own learning journey. Our ALStar learning management system offers training courses for technical and professional development in up to 10 different languages that employees can access anytime from anywhere, at home or from an APP on their mobile device.

6. "A lot left to be desired"

2.0
    Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, different day every day

Cons

Poor management, poor communication, too many chiefs

7. "Not Bad"

5.0
    Current Employee - Coal Plant Technician in Brisbane

I have been working at ALS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reliable work Great bosses Honest work

Cons

Work can be labour intensive

November 19, 2019Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're glad to hear you are satisfied with your long term employment with ALS. Your comments are invaluable to ALS as an opportunity to ensure we continue to improve.

8. "Servicable"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at ALS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Occasionally offered overtime, lots of friendly co-workers.

Cons

Quite hard to obtain promotions or increased pay

December 8, 2019HR Specialist

It is great to see that you work with a friendly team, it makes your day more enjoyable! Pay is increased on a yearly basis, currently that rate is 2.5\% per annum. Promotions are dependant on a suitable position being available for you to move into. A good idea is to make your supervisor aware you are interested in a promotion and they can start training you up for a role so you are well positioned when it next becomes available.

9. "Great team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Stafford

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team and fun environment

Cons

Lack of higher promotion opportunities

October 30, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and we will endeavour to take your ideas on board for continual improvement. We appreciate any feedback that may help us to improve the experience of our staff and would like to investigate your views on career development and leave flexibility further. If you would like to provide more details confidentially, please reach out to the Corporate HR management team at HR.Enquiries@alsglobal.com

10. "not bad"

Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at ALS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of chance to learn

Cons

cheap wage, hard roster work

October 24, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. At ALS we endeavour to make sure our employees have as many benefits as possible and have a chance to learn and progress. Due to the nature and seasonality of our business our workloads do vary although we are constantly reviewing the situation.

Found 464 reviews