ALS Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 5 Nov 2020

ALS Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer  Raj Naran
Raj Naran
Pros
Cons
  • "repetitive work;low pay; high physical demand(in 34 reviews)

• "Expect to work long hours (especially in the summer), high turnover, lower pay(in 24 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Interesting But Overworked"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Chemistry Technician in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at ALS full-time

Pros

Lots of independence, interesting work, flexibility of workday, great introduction to the field

Cons

Expect to work long hours (especially in the summer), high turnover, lower pay

November 23, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We strive for continuous improvement and always appreciate hearing where we are getting things right. We are constantly reviewing our staffing levels to ensure coverage during peak times. We wish you the best of luck throughout your career journey.

2. "Good"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Peterborough, England

I have been working at ALS full-time

Pros

Good, helpful, trustworthy, caring, hardworking

Cons

Far distance to travel and can be long hours

"Ok starter for experience but for a career head elsewhere"

Current Employee - Laboratory Analyst in Edmonton, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ALS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are the stars at this place to work with. Can learn a lot of different analysis. Able to get a lot of experience.

Cons

Pay. Long hours. Overworked. A lot of analysis for few staff. Basically like a walmart/mcdonalds, sell enough of the analysis to equal out any loss or discounts given.

October 23, 2020HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is a pleasure to hear that you find the people at ALS great to work with and appreciate the opportunity to learn new analyses and gain experience. We work in a seasonal industry which means that we are very busy processing samples during peak months. Despite our best efforts to ramp up staffing levels and train employees to match workloads ; there are times that we are not able to strike the right balance. We appreciate your feedback and truly appreciate your ongoing commitment to ALS!

"Meh"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at ALS part-time

Pros

Money is ok to work

Cons

Long hours Too much interference

5. "Ok"

Current Employee - Senior Laboratory Technician

I have been working at ALS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Job security as people are rarely fired

Cons

Long hours and low pay

January 29, 2020HR Specialist

Thank you we are glad you like working at ALS. Our staff are great aren’t they? Our workloads do vary due to the seasonal nature of our business but hopefully are not too taxing for our staff. We hold an anonymous employee survey every year called GlobALSay and in fact we are about to launch this year’s very soon. This survey is taken very seriously as our employees opinion matter to us and we have over 600 projects worldwide helping us to improve our employees overall experience of working at ALS.

"Microbiology Technician"

2.0
    Former Employee - Microbiology Technician in Clonmel

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexi hours and days . That's it.

Cons

Long hours, unpaid overtimes , stress low salary

7. "great training lab"

Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at ALS full-time for more than a year

Pros

ALS is a great training lab

Cons

days consisted of long hours

October 30, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you benefited from our comprehensive Learning & Development programs. ALS provide a large range of training to ensure our staff are constantly developing and feeling challenged in their roles but also to allow staff to take responsibility for their own learning journey. Our ALStar learning management system offers training courses for technical and professional development in up to 10 different languages that employees can access anytime from anywhere, at home or from an APP on their mobile device. Best of luck in your next venture.

8. "ALS Clonmel"

I have been working at ALS full-time

Pros

Good company for training graduates. New lab facilities and nice people to work with. Starting salary only okay but progresses quickly as you get trained

Cons

Can be long hours but this happens less often these days

August 22, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you we are glad you like working at ALS. We have an ongoing program of equipment maintenance and replacement and are constantly seeking to improve our facilities.

"Lab Technician"

2.0

I worked at ALS full-time

Pros

Nice friendly team work environment. Some nice lab equipment and softwares. Good place to gain experience.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, little chance for progression. Some of the management staff come in late and go home on time, which can be degrading considering you have to work over time almost everyday and get less breaks and less pay.

Continue reading

May 8, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for providing feedback, we appreciate the overall positive tone but are sorry you felt discontented about salary and career progression. We regularly evaluate our pay practices and do our best to provide employees with opportunities to expand on their skills and work in different areas or roles. Sometime they might take a little while to get up to speed! We have more training and learning initiatives coming out this year. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

"Lab technician"

I worked at ALS full-time

Pros

Other lab technicians are lovely

Cons

No paid overtime Management gossiping in the store room. Supervisors coming over to chat about there Saturday nights while one is working. Accusing you of things that never happened If your not liked by the supervisor your fired. Not given a chance. Not properly taught anything or trained in. Long long hours. Supervisors being very inappropriate at times. Cursing at others Not a nice environment to work in

Continue reading

June 3, 2019HR Specialist

We do have some amazing staff working at ALS. We would like to address your other comments but this is very difficult when we are not privy to your location. Please contact HR.Enquiries@alsglobal.com, in strict confidence, in order for us to address these issues with you. Alternatively, as an employee you would have had access to the Whistleblower program if you believed this was a serious breach of our Code of Conduct, the ALS Integrity Hotline where you can provide your concerns to our external provider without disclosing your name.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews