ANS Team Member Reviews

Updated 11 May 2020

1.7
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon

"Not a good place for working parents"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Member in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff are nice and help each other out. The staff do a lot of charity fundraising.

Cons

I worked in managed services and there is very little flexibility offered to staff who are working parents. It’s different for senior managers, they work from home so much that you hardly ever see them in the office. In managed services the salaries are very low compared to the competitors so the staff turnover is high. I also didn’t like the managers shouting at staff in front of other people if they had made a mistake.

ANS2020-05-11

"Good Place to start your career"

Current Employee - Team Member in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good career development Lots of Opportunities Good People to work with

Cons

Mixed Upper Management some good some poor No real attention or support for the Managed Services Wing Poor Pay in comparison to the rest of the industry

ANS2018-06-21

ANS Response

January 16, 2019Chief Executive Officer

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review about ANS, this is genuinely one of our key avenues to look at improving our business for all team members. Great to see that you see ANS as having a great environment to work in and providing you with strong opportunities for your career. Strangely we always focus on the negatives in reviews as we simply won't get better if we don't. So on that note, I note that you think some Upper Management needs to improve. I'm not sure if you will ever read this reply, but if you do I'd urge you to come to me and let me know your thoughts in more detail. I have very regular contact with management at all levels in ANS and want to make sure that your experience with upper management is as good as mine, clearly at the minute it isn't. Pay is very difficult to discuss on a this site without coming across as defensive, so I will simply state that you have full recourse to discuss the milestones within your Personal Development Plan with your line manager. If you aren't happy with the response you get then you should, I actually urge you to, speak to your Director. We hate losing people that we haven't had the chance to intervene with. Should everyone be paid exactly what they are worth continually throughout their career, absolutely, do we get this right all of the time, absolutely not. Talk to us. Finally, Presence in the Managed Services wing has been brought up on here and in surveys many times over the last few years. Let me start with some context and then a commitment: * - ANS directors are fundamentally involved in so many parts of the sales process every day with new and existing customers that time simply doesn't stretch far enough to get in the office at all some weeks. That said, we all must do a better job of ensuring when we are not directly in front of customers we are splitting our time better between MS wing and Sales wing. I will personally take on this commitment and ensure we do something about it immediately, starting with my own presence. Hopefully this response gives you some belief that your views will be taken on-board.

"A lot of bullying"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Member in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the people are very nice to work with but there is a lot of bullying. The senior managers know it goes on and they know who does it but don’t do anything about it.

Cons

The bullying ruins what could be a good place to work. Some of my team were nice to work with but I think the senior managers need to start doing something about the bullying. It’s not just a one off I saw bullying happening to a lot of other people. The personnel team don’t know what they are doing so are not going to help.

ANS2018-04-06

ANS Response

April 19, 2018Chief Executive Officer

We’re sorry you feel like this and sorry that you didn’t feel able to raise this when you worked at ANS. We have a zero tolerance approach to bullying which includes an Anti-Harassment and Anti-Bullying policy, but perhaps we haven’t done as good a job as we should have of ensuring that all staff are aware of this. This is something we will address immediately. We do also have various less formal ways of raising these issues, such as 121s and we also have an open door policy so that any member of staff can raise issues with any manager, not just their direct supervisor. We are also going to readdress this with managers and ensure that are they are trained to pick up signs of bullying, harassment and conflict, as well as make certain that they are equipped to deal with any issues that arise.

"Fun, exciting and fast-paced place to work!"

5.0
    Team Member in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS

Pros

ANS is definitely a truly unique company to work for! There is no dated hierarchy, every member of staff is valued and has a voice here. Team members are invited to share ideas and can add real value to the team, whether you're in management or an apprentice. What really stands out for me is the passion that runs through the organisation, I can see that people here enjoy what they are doing, are at the top of their game (or on their way up!) and want to work hard, achieve and deliver. There seems to be lots of opportunities for growth and promotion for those who want to succeed. The office has a fun, fast paced energy and there's weekly team building, social and fundraising activities for anyone who wants to take part. There's a positive pursuit of a work/life balance with additional holidays and the opportunity to socialise inside and outside of the office. All in all- I've found it to be a great place to work, develop your skills with next gen technology and progress in your career!

Cons

Well, no cons that I can think of, no workplace is perfect, but ANS comes pretty close in my opinion.

ANS2016-02-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews