ANS Technical Analyst Reviews

Updated 3 May 2020

3.9
ANS CEO Paul Shannon (no image)
Paul Shannon

"Sweatshop"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social life. Leaving drinks every other week because of the high turnover of staff. Free pizza for writing a good Glassdoor review.

Cons

Pay the lowest salary and benefits they can get away with. Don’t listen to staff even though Technical Analysts are the ones speaking to customers all the time. Then blame technical analysts when something goes wrong. Senior Managers shouting at staff in the middle of the office.

ANS2020-05-03

May 5, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review, it is stark and hard to read, but it has immediately got my attention, so it worked if that was your intention. Firstly, I have to address the free pizza for reviews is not a policy and if it was I'd expect it to get laughed right out of town by anyone with half an ounce of self-respect. I honestly don't know how to address the "Cons" section without doing it face to face, I will only come accross as defensive. Please contact me over email in the first instance and we can chat if you feel it would be helpful. You've gone to the trouble to write the review, so you obviously feel strongly enough about the people you've left behind to be a voice for them. My email address is paul@ans.co.uk, please get in touch. Thanks for going to the trouble to leave the review.

"Good Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good company with friendly staff - Great benefits - Good attitude towards work life balance

Cons

- Substantially lower than average pay - Technical team requirementsignored in favour of sales team requests

ANS2020-02-17

February 28, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review ANS, it means a lot. I'm really glad that you recognise areas to do with culture and people as positive within ANS, this is great to hear. I see you are a Tech Analyst, but we have a number of levels within that role, so it is difficult to work out what pay level you may be at. We always try to be competitive in the pay for roles and you should have a solid PDP for growth potential for at least an 18 month plan. If you don't believe this is the case, then please take it up with you Team Leader, if you think that the response from your TL isn't satisfactory then you should go to Head of Managed Services to discuss it openly. I know it might feel intimidating and outside of protocol, to go above TLs head, but pay is an important part of going to work, so you have every right to present your case to whomever you wish. It's painful to read that you think there is a disparity in treatment between Sales and Technical, we've worked very hard over the years to ensure this isn't the case. We don't get everything right all of the time of course, but our intentions are always good. I'd really love it if you come to me and make some suggestions about how we can do better. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "Level 3 Technical Analyst Apprentice"

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came into my apprenticeship straight from school which at first felt like a huge change from what I was used to but since starting it was a very easy environment to settle into. Everyone is approachable and more than happy to go out of their way to help you and that's been the case since the day I started. It is an extremely good working environment and although I've only been here for 3 months I feel like I have been here for a lot longer.

Cons

There are no issues that come to mind.

ANS2019-12-13

February 2, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the review. Love reading the reviews from apprentices and getting your views too. I can't stress how pleased it makes us to hear that you have had such amazing experiences of people within your first 3 months. It is critical that a business gets this right, but it is only possible if the culture is right. Seems like we are smashing it here with you. I hope you feel as comfortable throughout your time, but if not, then I hope you know you can come to anyone in the business to voice any concerns. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

4. "Young company that really cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst Apprentice in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is the best I have ever worked for. All employees at the company are super approachable and there's never any stupid questions. Training is available whenever and for whatever you need, and the employee benefits and social events are second to none. They have very forward-thinking and green values, as well as encouraging progression within the company.

Cons

There really isn't anything that isn't made up for in job satisfaction.

ANS2019-12-13

February 2, 2020Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Absolutely love that you think we have a safe environment for asking questions and know that nobody will give you anything other support. This is amazing to hear. Feedback is a constant obstacle for us, when we think we are doing better, we get this feedback. If you read this then please let me know whether it is more related to managers or you mean from the business. Thank you for taking the time, we appreciate it.

5. "Level 3 Technical Analyst"

Current Employee - Level III Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really look after staff moral well, great staff 3 monthly events. Vibrant environment to work in. Always looking to improve processes.

Cons

Open office in support section, can be busy, demanding and noisy at times. Need to be able to work in this sort of dynamic environment, plus juggle and prioritize important issues. The great environment does kinda out weigh that the company isn't the biggest payers. I'd say they are a bit below the average for like for like jobs.

ANS2019-10-17

November 9, 2019Chief Executive Officer

Thanks very much for leaving a review, we really appreciate the feedback.Really glad you enjoy the All Staff meetings, we've been mixing them up a bit over the last 12 months or so and sending out feedback forms to see how people like the different formats.You're absolutely right the MS wing is noisy. Sometimes too much. We have had plans drawn up to try to mitigate this and move people around the office wings to reduce the overall numbers of people in that side. Also some redesigns in the MS wing to combat this issue are under consideration.On pay. We should be competitive, but if you think your package isn't then you must bring it up with your line manager and ensure that you have a PDP with comensurate pay increases that motivates you financially. I'm made up that you love the environment, I do too, every day.Thanks again for leaving a review and keep on enjoying ANS.

"Great tech skills and vision but challenging work environment for non sales"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great dedicated technical people supporting our clients, good vision and understanding of what good looks like from support side. Academy is great initiative as is company charity work. Good grasp on the market and cloud. Not being distracted by other technology, do what we are good at.

Cons

We never see management much in our wing as they are always with sales. We are like the invisible brothers actually holding it together when sales promise the world, underspec and fail to understand what delivery looks like. Thus we pick up the fall out from the many disgruntled clients. Also a culture of excess and face fitting if your in sales, where they are still living in the 80's like it WoWS boiler room at times. They in the main dont grasp the technology and rely heavily on the solarc to actually do the majority of work for them. While some may like the fleet of expensive sports cars appearing in our non existent car parking spaces it is not that good for day to day staff. We do need even more parking. Perks as pretty much as expected but limited to as close to mandatory as possible. Other cloud business not far away offer far better wage, perks and you see a regular slow trickle away. Talk about take over being whispered. You can try and keep everyone happy with a free bar every quarter but market rate pay going to make people happy.

ANS2018-05-11

January 16, 2019Chief Executive Officer

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review about ANS, even though it is a tough read. I will attempt to address all your points. It is great that you believe we have got our vision and direction on the right path, we have 100% belief that this is the correct strategy for our business too. It's also great to see you acknowledge the power and strength of the Academy and our huge investment of time and effort in Corporate Social Responsibility. Another key pillar in why ANS are here. On to the negatives, I will attempt to address all the points without being defensive, so I'll apologise now if I miss the mark: Management/Directors not in the MS wing - This is 100% fair point, as I've said in previous replies, so much time is spent winning and keeping customers by the execs that we are not in the office enough on either side. MS wing is definitely neglected, and we will rectify this ASAP. Thanks for reinforcing this point. Sales promising the world - I have worked at many organisations in Service, Consulting, Pre-Sales etc and ANS gets this more right more of the time than anywhere I've worked before. Do we get it right 100% of the time, not a chance, do we make mistakes, absolutely, but we tend to do a great job of wrapping around the mistake and protecting our customers from the impact of our mistakes. We clearly don't do a good enough job of making the MS team that help with the rectification programme feel valued in that role. An easy fix I think. WoWS - This point I just don't see and I'm amongst the sales team most days. We have progressed so much away from the male dominated environment in comparison to our competitors. Obviously there is still work to do, given that perception is reality. Sports Cars - I was for many years a techie (service desk, consultant and pre-sales) did it ever grate with me at any point that Sales people make more money than I did? Yes it did. However, once I worked amongst the sales team whilst in pre-sales I appreciated the risk vs reward approach to sales remuneration much better. This is a tough risk based role that isn't for everyone, but the reward is there for those that excel. Would I prefer it those that can afford drove more "sensible" cars? Yes! Am I about to tell people what they can and cannot drive, no chance. To each their own. I'd rather focus on a culture of sales teams being low key and respectful to everyone in the business. Parking Spaces - we have recently taken the option to expand the office space and with that comes more spaces. We are totally aware of how much of a pain the parking situation is at the office. We hope to largely rectify this problem by the end of this Financial Year. Perks - I'm glad you appreciate the perks to a point and that they are in-line with the industry. There's no need to infer UKFast, we know they are another key IT employer in the area. They have a great business too, but to my knowledge there has only been 2-3 people over the last 3 years or so that have left. Take-over - Whispers like this are totally natural for any successful and growing business such as ours. We literally get offers every week to try and buy ANS, but ANS is not up for sale in any capacity. Hopefully, that clears that up. I hope you feel I've addressed every point, and I genuinely tried to avoid being defensive. We will take some of your points and review them with all the upper management and let the business what we did with your and everyone else’s feedback on Glassdoor. Thanks

"Great place to start a career in IT."

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst Apprentice in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at ANS for 6 months now as an apprentice. I though because I was joining as an apprentice I would be cast aside into a classroom however it is quite the opposite. We receive weekly training and integration into the service desk allowing us to learn on the job and train to pass our first professional exam, this was the ITIL foundation. I am now training for my next exam Microsoft technical associate, server administration. The people are amazing, helpful and always willing to help if you have a question. I love it here. #comeonans

Cons

Banter can sometimes be taken too far. Communication isn’t he best. Upper management is hardly ever visible in the managed services wing.

ANS2018-04-10

"My experience at ANS"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst

I have been working at ANS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nearly 4 years at ANS and nearly 3 years being on the 24/7 shift. Having come to ANS straight from college joining the start of what would be an amazing Apprentice Academy back in 2013 at the age of 18, what have I learnt being at ANS? Having come straight from college I found was a challenge for myself since I still had my 'college' head on and not a proper work set mind, I struggled to stand on my feet at the start which I am not afraid to admit but ANS seen the potential in me and carried on pushing me and pushing me until my college head was in the bin and off to the tip and my ANS head was on and began to progress. Learning the basic of NetApp, VMware, Cisco, Citrix etc. I began to see my own potential that ANS seen in me and since progressed a lot. Graduating the ANS Apprentice Academy in October 2014, I have since progressed to starting the 24/7 shift in January 2015 which was a massive step for me as the day shift can be challenging but you have your colleagues for assistance or questions, then comes the night shift which I first found to be a challenge but managed to see the benefits such as incidents you can't call OOH's about so you have to resolve yourself and smashing it and feeling proud. January 2016 I was given the role of Senior 2nd Line Analyst and a Team Leader of my own shift, I currently manage two of my colleagues on the shift to ensure that all goes well and any issues are addressed and I am kept up to date with any issues etc. and any things that go wrong I stand for the team and explain what's happened and so and so, but it has its ups and downs but there's so many pros to the cons that you don't see the cons as they are so far down. I've been asked a number of times 'When do you want to come off shift' or 'Do you want to come off yet?' Which my reply is always I enjoy it, I enjoy working the 24/7 shift, it's a challenge which I enjoy and has it's pressures which I can handle and manage, money is good for someone my age and the build up of knowledge is incredible. I'm looking forward to more years at ANS and to progressing and learning more about the Cloud as it builds. #comeonans

Cons

Read all of the above about my time with ANS (and still going).... you won't regret a bit of it :)

ANS2017-09-07

September 22, 2017Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for leaving such an amazingly positive review. WOW! It is great to see such tremendous progression, but also such a overwhelmingly positive approach to work and life. I feel invigorated just reading it. Hopefully this infectiousness permeates across every person and team you interact with at our company. Long may it continue.

9. "Cracking People..."

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at ANS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great, with fantastic team spirit in most teams I worked with. The ethos is very focused on the customer and do anything necessary to keep them happy. Sometimes you got pushed very hard, but that means that you get a lot of opportunity. I only left due to my personal family circumstances and would go back.

Cons

Lots of hours, but I had a good manager who was flexible with me.

ANS2016-07-21

February 13, 2017Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review. It's great to hear that you would come back to ANS in the future depsite having to leave and particularly pleasing that you had a good manager that cultivated flexibility. We have taken some of the feedback from Glassdoor reviews (including yours) and used it to inform our enhanced Training & Development programme that has been in place for about 9 months now. Hopefully, we may see you at ANS again in the future and you can see for yourself.

10. "Impressions after 6 months"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at ANS full-time

Pros

Training available and encouraged. Everyone is always available to help each other out. There are often small huddles of people discussing technical issues. Not a blame culture: people will help others to resolve issues and pass on good practices and solutions.

Cons

There are a couple of old and clunky internal systems awaiting replacement. The customer facing side has already been updated and is excellent.

ANS2016-04-19

February 13, 2017Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the great review. Really glad you like the team and the vibe everyone creates. It's great you've picked up on the team element so quickly after joining and can see we like to just crack on and resolve issues without blame. Part of the output of a staff survey 9-12 months ago was around Internal Systems, so this is being dealt with. We are 6 months in to a 12 month programme of improvement and the difference is massive already. We will continue to improve and listen to feedback. Thanks again for the positive review.

Found 11 reviews