Air Force Reserve Officer Reviews

1 Rating
  1. "AF Reserve"

Current Employee - Officer

I have been working at Air Force Reserve part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

An exceptional way to serve your country! Opportunity to earn benefits for education

Cons

Requires you to be proactive with work life balance.... If you have a hard time balancing this you might find it difficult.

"Recommended if you are committed to serve"

Current Employee - Intelligence Officer

I have been working at Air Force Reserve part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Outstanding training and opportunities if you take advantage of them. Utilize tuition assistance and take advantage of the free educational opportunities such as Air University OLMP and AFIT.

Cons

I can not think of any

3. "Great Way to Serve"

4.0
    Current Employee - Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Air Force Reserve part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being part of the biggest and baddest Air Force on the planet. Awesome leadership, benefits, flexible work schedule, and no-kidding global opportunities.

Cons

Finding the right balance with family and civilian life can be tricky. Funding for tours can fluctuate unpredictably.

"Air Force Reserve"

5.0
    Former Employee - Staff Officer, Analyst, and Senior Intelligence Watch Officer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Air Force Reserve part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you were active duty and separated, the Air Force Reserve gives you a chance to "serve" again, albeit, at a reduced level. Based upon your situation, you can either serve with a Reserve Unit or as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA). Both have their advantages, however I cannot speak for a Unit Reservist. As an IMA, I essentially was part of an active duty unit and, more importantly, was part of the "unit memory" as I could augment when needed (on orders) and helped during challenging times (served for 2.5 years after 9/11). My Active and Reserve duty were the best years of the life.

Cons

Because I either volunteered for extra duty or was prone to call up (after 9/11), I did not really have a civilian career, as I did not want to commit to a company, work myself up "the ladder" and then suddenly be activated. It would not be fair to my co-workers and the organization. During the last few years, I worked several "gig" jobs, such as substitute teacher when I wasn't activated. I salute you if you can have both a successful military and "civilian" career.

5. "Executive Officer"

Current Employee - Executive Officer in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Air Force Reserve full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guaranteed pay, steady work, service oriented,

Cons

stagnant progression opportunities, promotions not based on actual employee merit

6. "USAF Reserve Review"

Cyberspace Operations Officer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Air Force Reserve for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and many work locations to choose from.

Cons

It took a long time to transfer to the Reserves from active duty (1.5 years), and it took just over 4 months to transfer to a new unit.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews