Aladdin Bail Bonds Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Rob Hayes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Awesome pay, great company with room to grow" (in 2 reviews)

• "Great place to work if you are into sales" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Incredibly poor work/life balance, and super high burnout ratio" (in 3 reviews)

• "Long hours and you work weekends and holidays" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Admin"

Former Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros at any location

Cons

You'll be in fear of losing your job on a daily basis. Turn over rate is extremely high. I worked in Seattle for less than a year and witnessed more then 10 terminations. Management does nothing to keep your moral up. No work life balance. Very little pay, no room for advancement.

"Resume builder, that's bout it."

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay benefits, decent pay, cool resume builder, and a good character / experience builder. I'd you're in a C class office it hardly ever gets too crazy to handle, and provides a more intimate work environment which is awesome.

Cons

Where to begin. I get retail, customers first . But holy hell does this company neglect the needs of their retail staff . Managers are horrible about building morale , not good at training or taking time to build their employees , and not supportive. I've witnessed people being denied BERREAVEMENT LEAVE. which is illegal by the way. I've witnessed my coworkers being fearful every single day that they're going to be fired...and these are professional, hard working, patient people with great work ethic. I've witnessed management deny all vacation requests without attempting to lift a finger , when vacation time is something full time employees are entitled to if they have a vacation balance . I've witnessed people get fired without explanation . I've seen management deal with things unprofessionally , for example criticizing employees openly, rather than privately. And put blame on specific employees for the lack of success for the store. Agents work ridiculous hours and basically take work home with them when they arent getting paid for it. Agents expected to still take care of clients on the phone when on the road picking up another client, and when they get a ticket for multi tasking guess who pays thr fine? Yep, employee. It sucks when you realize how much potential a company has, but instead you see it "trimming the fat" and "saving money" wherever possible. I'm sure if anyone who worked for the company took the time to simply observe , and then got fired, they may easily be able to sue the company for not cooperating with employees rights or abusing their power.

Advice to Management

Restructure management altogether, Build team morale , train thoroughly and effectively, set the example, obey the law.

3. "Swirling the drain"

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time

Pros

You can make decent money as an agent and have lots of hours to work but beware the fine print

Cons

Terrible management that has no clue how to build existing staff up and instead a revolving door of people quitting or getting fired. 24/7 business means 12+ hour shifts and working nights and weekends so little to no social life. Lack of staying competitive in the current industry means this company is losing market share real fast and thats bad for agents who get paid on commission.

Advice to Management

Quit

4. "Low pay and no family time!"

Former Employee - Bail Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Bail Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training the company provides is excellent. They will give you everything you need to succeed and will give you the opportunity to make your own judgement calls.

Cons

Long hours for low pay
    Management could care less you are there. The company has a saying... “they will be here tomorrow with or without you” and it totally feels that way.
    Inconsistent pay
    Inconsistent standards for who you are bailing out and co-signers.
    Other offices will snake your deal.
    HIGH turnover rate which doubles or triples your work load or hours.

Advice to Management

Listen more. Be more consistent in your policies when it comes to other offices and how you deal with which offices get which bonds. I saw many rules written that no one would follow and when asked, it would just get brushed under the rug.
    Spend more time looking at inner office issues. When more than 15 people quit within a one year time period... the issue most likely lies with management. This company may be the leader but they could do so much better if you just opened your eyes.

5. "Administrative Coordinator"

I have been working at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time

Pros

Great people, and great company

Cons

flexibility, better pay and time off

"Terrible Company. Low Employee Morale. Terrible Benefits."

Former Employee - Bail Agent in Lancaster, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Bail Agent in Lancaster, CA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Literally None.... You get a paycheck.

Cons

-Where to begin...You will hear the phrase "Oh that's Bail" meaning after you have worked 12 hours and your about to get off of work and you get a bail... You will do another 2-3 hours if needed. 15 hour days are routine not an exception.

-Management... ZERO, and I mean ZERO redeeming qualities about how they train their management. Zero people skills, Nepotism and Favorites are a daily Occurance.

-Life Balance.... Again Joke, Forget requesting days off. Always comes with an excuse of "Sorry, We have Bail to Write"....Schedules are inconsistent week to week. You can work overnights one week, than days the next..... Oh and RARELY do you get 2 days off in a row.

Benefits- Over priced, company does not pay for much....I think for a single person they wanted 150.00 per month for Medical. I passed.....

I'm telling you this is a HORRIBLE COMPANY. They hire anyone, work you to the bone....Rinse and Repeat.

Advice to Management

Nothing, They don't listen to suggestions...

"Bail agent"

Former Employee - Bail Agent in Ukiah, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Bail Agent in Ukiah, CA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you hate your family, have no morals, and enjoy boot-licking, then this is the place for you.

Cons

If, like me, you have a soul, this place will do all they can to crush it, then fire you without reason, or notice. Management is racist, and will place a bullseye on your back if you stay too long without kissing enough butt to be promoted so they can pay someone else less in commission. The job takes years to master and moments to lose, if you have the guts to stand up for yourself. They encourage you to lie to clients, push you to fleece those in need, and are truly a poor example of a stable, safe working environment.

Advice to Management

Review who you promote. You're opening yourselves up to another lawsuit.

"Great to start in Bail Industry"

Former Employee - Bail Agent
    Former Employee - Bail Agent

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to learn and get your bail license. Pay can be lucrative in a larger office.

Cons

In smaller offices the pay is not competitive. Advancement is not always a guarantee, in some cases it's who you know. If you don't like 12 hour shifts, don't apply.

Advice to Management

Implement a manager in training program and reward your bondsman who perform.

"Posting Agent"

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds part-time

Pros

The Tacoma location posts the 2nd most $$ in bonds in the nation, tons of room for advancement if you do your time
    Tacoma services the entire south Puget Sound area so frequent trips around the region in the company car, drive the speed limit and post the bond, nice and easy
    Overtime willing, sometimes required
    Cool coworkers & bosses, repo agents are always friendly as well, great environment in general

Cons

Sales are #1, as a result the manager has to be on everyone's sh*t
    Bit of a stressful pace at times
    Have to be able to get info from convicts who don't want to give it to you
    Daily call lists
    Impatient Customers

Advice to Management

Hire way more staff, Posting & Bail Agents will pay for themselves during peak hours

"Horrible ppl"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA (US)

I worked at Aladdin Bail Bonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all trust me no life

Cons

Don't apply here they lie and treat you like crap when you don't know Spanish and co workers will speak Spanish to other co workers your entire shift in a small box working together just horrible situation

Advice to Management

English