Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews

"Would recommend"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Diversity of work opportunity, highly flexible working environment, focused on quality and innovation, some great people to work with and learn from

Cons

UK centric, people processes and systems still evolving,

Continue reading

"Investment needs to be made to improve skills of people managers"

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Incredible opportunities if you are willing to take a chance on a new role or client. Exposure to new roles and client industries is one of the most compelling reasons to join and fast track your career in RPO. There are also some amazing, talented and forward thinking individuals to learn from who are incredible role models, sharing their knowledge and expertise.

Cons

Not all people managers are suited or equipped to manage people and should either not be given this responsibility or should be supported and trained to ensure they are living the values of the CEO and creating new managers. Those who are not people managers create significant retention issues for the company and promote the values of criticism and inequality, rather than collaboration and learning.

November 29, 2018Director of People Capital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. People Manager development has, and will continue to be a key priority for our business. If you would like to share a bit more about your experience either with me or our Head of Talent Development, please do get in touch. ruth.smyth@alexmann.com or philippa.Williams@alexmann.com

"Global opportunities, interesting company"

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions part-time

Pros

global, advanced technologies, interesting company

Cons

I had a good experience. Sometimes the on site manager do not have much experience.

4. "Talent Sourcing Lead"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a great culture and almost like a family feel to the company.

Cons

Whilst working globally with the organisation is part of their EVP, there isn't much action behind this to support staff in making this happen

"Review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/ Life balance is quite good and they have flexible working arrangements

Cons

Given the industry is consulting and heavily based on client solutions, there is not a clear career path nor clear/ stable opportunity to grow.

"You could do so much better"

Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Brisbane

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Five weeks annual leave.

Cons

No investment in training / development of staff, lack of business development and an overworked staff-force. Untrustworthy HR function, who seek prior agreed outcomes and brush complaints under the carpet. The management (I had 11 managers in my time), install a culture of fear and bullying, personally speaking this included threats of redundancy (based on 'perception') and abusive late night calls. Work life balance...more like work work balance. Fed-up, burnt-out and bullied!!! Stay away.

August 18, 2015Chief People Officer

I am obviously really concerned to read your comments and would like to understand more. I am particularly concerned to read your comments about bullying as this is something that we take very seriously . I hope that you will contact me in confidence at sheena.cartwright@alexmann.com and I can then investigate your experience. Thank you.

"The company is not as bad as others say it is, but there is room for improvement."

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can work for BIG clients. A pro for fresh graduates - you might not need relevant education to start working here. As long as you're confident and have good communication skills you have a high chance of landing a job. Opportunities to take on responsibilities not in your job description. You are free to be authentic and use your skills to your advantage. Compensation is competitive. Mostly no work on weekends.

Cons

Training schedules are disorganized. Because they DO hire fresh grads, there is always that question about job matching and quality of output. Upper management need to be more transparent and within reach. Air conditioning is tolerable when there are clients or big bosses in the Manila center. Limited opportunities for promotion. HR department is understaffed and does not provide clear instructions. They also need to review the Labor Laws. Also the company's employee handbook isn't even updated hence sometimes not relevant. Other companies offer better benefits and perks.

Continue reading

"Do not apply to this company!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

5 weeks annual leave and purchased leave

Cons

They promote themselves in Australia as a global organization and what they really are is a small minded company with very dodgy and unethical practices. During my time I witnessed bullying by senior leaders, favoritism, unjustifiable lack of promotions, salary increases and bonuses. Their motto is 'perception is reality' and their reality is warped. I am surprised that an employee hasn't taken them to Fair Work Australia because their practices and how they get away with treating their staff is abhorrent and no corporate organisation would treat their staff the way they do. They sell a good RPO solution to a client and how their own values align to the clients which is false. I think if the clients knew how AMS treated their staff that worked in site, morally they would not give AMS business. I would recommend any ex agency recruiter wanting to get internal experience to steer clear of AMS an look at other organizations first.

June 9, 2015Chief People Officer

I was really concerned to read your comments, which does not reflect the culture we set out to create. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you. Please contact me in confidence at sheena.cartwright@alexmann.com Thank you

""Alexander Mann Solutions - where the reviews are made up, and performance doesn't matter.""

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong relationships Inspirational CEO who built the company from nothing to waht it is today Good CSR program

Cons

Slow unwilling to respond to concerns & complaints against managers Resistant to change Inflexible unfair reward and recognition scheme Under resourced support functions Bullying culture tolerated Performance is measured on a 1-2-3 basis. 1 = 10% of the company, these people get a pay rise. 2 = 70% of the company, these people get nothing. 3 = 20% of the company, these people get a performance plan. If you have no work life balance and grind away every weekend for the year answer the phone on vacation and work to 8 every night then you might be a 1 If you have a family or a life you will always be a 2

April 7, 2015Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Please contact me if you would be comfortable discussing further as naturally this is concerning. I am at lisa.forrest@alexmann.com

"Bullies for leaders. Stay far away, don't be tempted by high profile clients. The closest company to Hell on Earth."

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions for more than a year

Pros

The client base is high profile and impressive, unfortunately.

Cons

Disconnected leaders and "supervisors", yelling at subordinates and driving fear into the service centres. A truly disgusting, authoritative and aggressive culture being driven out of Singapore and UK into RPO accounts. I was bullied by my manager, who also bullied my team. Poor retention, I had 4 managers in 1 year. Aggressive leaders, nasty culture, intimidating and sarcastic leadership. AMS hires rookies that will not speak up when bullied and threatened.

Found 687 reviews