Alexander Mann Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 8 Sep 2020

3.6
Alexander Mann Solutions CEO David Leigh
David Leigh
Pros
  • "Lots of autonomy, flexible working environment on site with clients(in 106 reviews)

• "Great work life balance with a good deal of trust from leadership(in 65 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Very Talented people - but don't believe all the hype"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Great talented people doing great work. Good conditions Good work ethic On the surface great values from the top

Cons

Favouritism shown to some staff - not that I was treated badly but some were treated way way better for no apparent reason. Average to low pay Low work life balance Equity partnership has meant degraded values and unnecessary pressure on staff

"Review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/ Life balance is quite good and they have flexible working arrangements

Cons

Given the industry is consulting and heavily based on client solutions, there is not a clear career path nor clear/ stable opportunity to grow.

"You could do so much better"

1.0
    Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Brisbane

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Five weeks annual leave.

Cons

No investment in training / development of staff, lack of business development and an overworked staff-force. Untrustworthy HR function, who seek prior agreed outcomes and brush complaints under the carpet. The management (I had 11 managers in my time), install a culture of fear and bullying, personally speaking this included threats of redundancy (based on 'perception') and abusive late night calls. Work life balance...more like work work balance. Fed-up, burnt-out and bullied!!! Stay away.

Chief People Officer

I am obviously really concerned to read your comments and would like to understand more. I am particularly concerned to read your comments about bullying as this is something that we take very seriously . I hope that you will contact me in confidence at sheena.cartwright@alexmann.com and I can then investigate your experience. Thank you.

""Alexander Mann Solutions - where the reviews are made up, and performance doesn't matter.""

1.0

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong relationships Inspirational CEO who built the company from nothing to waht it is today Good CSR program

Cons

Slow unwilling to respond to concerns & complaints against managers Resistant to change Inflexible unfair reward and recognition scheme Under resourced support functions Bullying culture tolerated Performance is measured on a 1-2-3 basis. 1 = 10% of the company, these people get a pay rise. 2 = 70% of the company, these people get nothing. 3 = 20% of the company, these people get a performance plan. If you have no work life balance and grind away every weekend for the year answer the phone on vacation and work to 8 every night then you might be a 1 If you have a family or a life you will always be a 2

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Please contact me if you would be comfortable discussing further as naturally this is concerning. I am at lisa.forrest@alexmann.com

5. "Great Place to work in"

Current Employee - Principal Sourcing Specialist in Makati City

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Values work-life balance, offers mental health leaves

Cons

Promotion can be slow, at least one year if you are exceptional

6. "review"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

work life balance at clients site

Cons

job not stable as depending on clients need

7. "Great culture, talented colleagues, wonderful clients"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Singapore

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance with a good deal of trust from leadership

Cons

None to speak of in my experience

8. COVID-19

"Good company to work for!!"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunities for growth/development Supportive atmosphere and provides flexible work arrangement and good work-life balance

Cons

Need to review benefit package

Director of People Capital

Thank you for taking the time to review. Please feel free to contact me direct to discuss your suggestions about how we could strengthen our approach during the pandemic. Many thanks ruth.smyth@alexmann.com

"Solid Company with good values and bright future."

Current Employee - Principal Resource Specialist

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honesty. Managers are up front and honest regarding the account outlook and career development. Comp is in line with marketplace. Solid opportunity to move up with hard work and good results. Ability to go somewhere else to gain a promotion if one is not available here and be welcomed back with open arms if the grass isn't greener which it usually isnt. Good work life balance. Benefits are very good here. Growing company on its way up.

Cons

In some instances it seems being remote may be harder to get promoted into management level. As with all companies there are some managers who play favorites. Most managers do not and are very merit based.

HR Business Partner - Americas

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. During this difficult time, we strive to be as honest and as transparent as possible. It's nice to hear that has been appreciated. Please feel free to get in touch directly if you have any further feedback or suggestions. tanya-marie.nichols@alexmann.com

10. "Work Life Balance excellent"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Work life balance is very good.

Cons

Low pay, not ideal for progression

Found 90 reviews