AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

AltisHR Reviews

Updated 17 Oct 2019

4.4
AltisHR CEO Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
  1. "IT Recruitment Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Inclusive, fast-paced, dynamic environment! Lots of room to grow in a lateral and/or creative direction! Team-based culture!

Cons

Can't think of any! Truly love every day here.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  2. "They bring their A game!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fantastic management team that is there to support you and sets you up for success. A great culture and environment that is fun and gives you opportunities to grow. Regarding environment with passionate people.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment so once and a while you do need to stay late.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  3. "IT Recruitment Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

*flexible time work opportunities *team-oriented culture and cohesive work environment *respect for job seekers and clients *high-standard ethic approach to work *use of advanced IT technology and tools *clearly defined targets and expectation for every employee and company

Cons

I have not been able identify any cons yet

AltisHR2019-02-14
  4. "Best Place to Work - Hands Down!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The absolute best group of people I have every worked with. The team celebrates each others successes and they are always willing to lend a hand if you need assistance. Management is very understanding and really listens to suggestions. Commission structure is very rewarding!

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of any cons. Honestly just a great place to work over all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing because it is obviously working!

5. "Recruiter/Account Manager"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the best cultures I have been apart of. I have worked with many staffing agencies in the past and there has never been a company where I have felt more supported. Very collaborative work environment. AltisHR does it's best to set you up for success. They provide rigorous training and further development after. There is no internal competition unless we are having a fun competition against each other but... everyone gets commission/rewarded for everything they contribute. Growth potential is high. There is growth potential, if that is for team lead/management, or growing into another division or titles, this can happen. Overall, fantastic company with fantastic people to work with and learn from everyday.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for Cons.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  6. "Why you should work with AltisHR to help get you your next job."

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

From the time I was first introduced to the staff at AltisHR to when I landed my first job through them- the team was simply amazing! It was almost as if they were there with you throughout the entire process. I felt as if my journey finding a job was made easier. Now almost a year into this job and I can still say that I LOVE it. The fit was perfect. I've never loved going to a job like I do now. I look forward to... spending time with my colleagues at work and outside. Thanks AltisHR for helping me find the perfect match. Also, I love how they check-in on you every once in a while. It's a great feeling!

Cons

There is nothing really that I can point out - except that when I got the job offer - I didn't find out until a week later because the individual I was working with was super busy and missed the email. That made me nervous, but other than that - nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Continue to add the right sort of people to the team. It goes a long way for those who are out there actively searching for jobs. The right person can pick up when a candidate is frustrated, distressed and about to give up- and can encourage them to hang in there. At least for me, that was my case. Side note - thank you N.R for everything!!

AltisHR2019-02-23

"Great company culture - fast pace dynamic environment!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

AltisHR is a fantastic place to work. Very matrix driven, fun company culture, dynamic work environment - lots of room to grow … Canadian owned. I would highly recommend working here!

Cons

Often times the days can be long. Lots of over time to be expected.

Advice to Management

None

"Recruiter"

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Great teammates. Good entry level opportunities.

Cons

Low salaries. Very poor commission structure.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people, not work machines.

AltisHR2018-05-26

"Recruiter"

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Amazing company! Great place to work!

Cons

No cons it is a wonderful company to work at.

AltisHR2018-03-14

"TERRIBLE CULTURE - PLEASE AVOID!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff are really nice and enjoy going out together after a hard days work. When the CEO (Kathryn) pops into the office she is very warm and easy to talk to. Your unhappiness will not make up for any of the pros that are actually here. They offer you 'team time' on Friday's to enjoy snacks and drinks with the office but in reality, most staff can't afford that hour from 4-5 to enjoy themselves. You'll... also get a decent work-life balance as their emails don't allow you to work from home and you rarely need to go into the office on the weekends BUT a lot of the time you do need to stay late during the week to hit your numbers. If you're also into working with a bunch of Toronto King West girls - you'll love it here! Revealing and skimpy clothes on the women ALWAYS!

Cons

INSANE metrics - they're never happy with what you produce! And also they micromanage like crazy. They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure. I've seen a number of people let go within a month and week before their 6-month probation. Salary isn't that competitive and can find better pay at other recruitment firms.

Advice to Management

Please stop micromanaging your staff and please reevaluate your metrics. I've had this discussion with my team lead a number of times but she couldn't do anything because her director was micromanaging her. Directors; Please let your team leads take control as you'll see more success from the consultants/account managers and you'll see less turnover. Please also allow more flexibility in the office like work... from home or taking your lunch at another hour. You also frown upon on your staff for stepping out for 5-10 minutes to grab a coffee or a snack. Please loosen up and stop being so stuffy! I've tried to share my feedback a number of times but it never really worked. I'm happy that I've grown into a Talent & Culture role to implement the opposite of what this culture is.

AltisHR2018-04-10

AltisHR Response

April 23, 2018Marketing Director

It’s unfortunate to read your negative comments regarding your time at altisHR. You’re right, in a position that relates to sales, metrics are inevitable. They are not intended to micromanage, they are relayed to you as a means to support your growth and development. Especially in your first year, you will see a lot of data – it’s a part of our training. As for your comments regarding our employment contract, we should remind you that these are legal documents which have been reviewed by a lawyer. There is absolutely no way to be “shady” with employment contracts. If you were unclear about any of the details regarding your terms of employment or our commission structure, you should have inquired. In addition to your Team Lead and Director, our CFO is available and willing to answer any questions our team members have pertaining to commission. We thank you for voicing your opinions in person. As you likely know, change can take time and may not be immediate. We work hard to maintain and modify our core values as needed. We have a dedicated management team who meets regularly to discuss these items. That said, we can assure you that any and all feedback we receive from team members is considered and changes are made as needed. As you move forward in your career, we hope that you find a position that offers you the autonomy you desire – but we recommend reconsidering your aversion to feedback and this will ultimately be what helps you grow as a professional.

Found 61 reviews