AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

AltisHR Reviews

Updated 17 Oct 2019

4.2
AltisHR CEO Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay

"Great Place for the Right Person"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

- I absolutely loved the people I worked with at Altis and miss them every day. - Great location right downtown Toronto. - Beautiful office space (you get your own office and it's absolutely stunning) - Good internal support from management. My former manager was spectacular. She wanted me to succeed and made sure I had the tools and support to to do it. - Huge earning potential with no cap on commissions. -... Great learning experience into the business world and network building opportunity.

Cons

- There isn't much incentive for recruiters, you really only get commission if you are running a 360 desk/doing business development at the same time. - Little vacation time, sick days, and personal time in first year. The first year can be one of the toughest years if you're doing sales so being able to unwind from that is necessary. - Because it's a sales environment, it's very metrics driven and performance is... often measured in numbers and quantity. Due to this it can seem like you're very micromanaged and there is much visibility into every activity you do. This isn't necessarily a bad system but I don't think it's for everyone. - There isn't a lot of flexibility to manage what you do with your time there, it's a very structured environment where certain tasks must be performed at certain times of the day. Again, not necessarily a bad system but it doesn't work for everyone. If you like the structure, then this is a good environment for you. - Although there is huge earning potential, there isn't a ton of career growth opportunities into different internal roles. This is a great career if you are motivated by money.

Advice to Management

Understand what similar industries/companies are doing in order to stay competitive and keep staff happy in their roles long term. Don't be afraid of taking risks by embracing change from time to time.

AltisHR2016-11-21

"Over-worked/Under-paid"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get your own office, corporate environment, monetary incentives from time to time, great co-workers.

Cons

No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate. Big focus placed on volume vs quality recruitment.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly and give them break from time to time!

AltisHR2016-12-08

"High professionalism and fast responses to enquiries!"

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

I have had a very pleasant experience with altisHR, from my very first meeting, the staff have been very professional and are quick at responding whenever I have enquiries. They helped me land a contract job very quickly and am very grateful!

Cons

None that I have observed!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

AltisHR2016-09-22

"First-class Recruiters"

Administrative Support Professional in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR for more than 5 years

Pros

Over the years, I have had many positive experiences with this very professionally-run recruiting agency. Lots of attention to detail is paid to assessing the skills of the registered candidates, legal background checks and past work references. This is the reason why they are the agency of choice for many established companies in Canada, as these companies can always depend on them for the supply of high-quality... staff. I have been consistently recommended and contracted by them over the years to some of the top Canadian companies, in both the public and private sector in the GTA. They are truly set apart from many other agencies!

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

AltisHR2016-08-30
  5. "Amazing team at Altis HR - Mississauga location"

Former Employee - Bilingual Human Resources Administrator in Oakville, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The recruiters are AltisHR were fantastic. I was able to find employment within a month of contacting them. They met with me to discuss my career goals and maintained a high level of professionalism throughout. They were resourceful, friendly, efficient, and always ensured my needs were being met. I have recommended colleagues to AltisHR who have also had positive experiences with the recruiters here.

Cons

None. My experience at AltisHR has been a positive one.

AltisHR2016-08-23

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture here is the biggest draw! They are a Platinum winner of Canada's Top 50 Managed Companies and there are many reasons for that. There is no tolerance for catty behaviour, consultants never compete internally for clients, and there is a great training program delivered by senior consultants for new hires and refresher courses for all staff members. The environment with colleagues is very supportive and... positive. altisHR does a lot to create a team environment in what can be a very individual focused industry. They host a weekly team time on Friday afternoons to come together and socialize, there are quarterly sales competitions based on both individual and team performances, and an annual nationwide competition called Olympics. All of these events create a culture of support and excitement for your colleagues to succeed.

Cons

This is a sales position and a metrics driven environment. While this can be viewed in either a positive and negative stance depending on your work style. If you are not comfortable with a target based position than this is not the environment for you. However, if you are driven by set goals, clear expectations, a supportive management team, and a good commission structure than you will do well here. They have high... expectations, but they are attainable and will train you to ensure each consultant can succeed to the best of their ability. You really get what you put in.

Advice to Management

During my time there I would have recommend a more business casual office dress code rather than the standard corporate attire. However, I have since visited the office and noticed this has changed.

AltisHR2016-08-06
  7. "Altis HR is an excellent team of recruiters"

Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR for more than 3 years

Pros

I have had nothing but positive and professional interactions with the recruiters at this company. I am consistently offered placements/opportunities that fit my skills and offer a positive and stimulating work environment. Altis is an excellent agency comprised of dedicated and skilled recruiters.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report.

AltisHR2016-08-04
  8. "Great support, excellent resources"

Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR

Pros

Supportive representatives, convenient online timesheets and contracts, helpful newsletters, easy process.

Cons

Unclear on benefits, though this could be my fault as I did not ask or research!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

AltisHR2016-07-30
  9. "Great team"

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

Weekly pay, quick placement, great representatives, a feeling of collaboration and that they actually want to place you

Cons

hourly pay = no sick days or personal days

AltisHR2016-08-03

"Sales and Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extensive training program for new consultants. This is a get place to start a career in sales and recruitment. I found that I have had the opportunity to learn from senior consultants and managers. They provide a lot of support and guidance on how to service clients, recruit the best resources and stand out from the competition. I have enjoyed my time here and have built strong relationships with consultants and... management. I feel that I can grow with this company.

Cons

Your first year is a build year. Focus on the right clients and candidates and it will help you build a network for the years to come. There is a lot of opportunity here if your focused on your goals.

Advice to Management

Keep up the extensive training program. It is a great support for new consultants.

AltisHR2016-04-11