Amgen Reviews

4.1
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
1,204 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work Life Balance is fairly good(in 276 reviews)

• "great benefits for the company's employees(in 257 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance not in priorities of the company depends on the area of work(in 129 reviews)

• "Decision making often slower than it needs to be(in 80 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Aug 31, 2021 - Administration Assistant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work. Great people. Pay well.

Cons

Decision making can take time.

Amgen Response

Thank you for your feedback. If there's anything else you'd like to share with our team, please do not hesitate to reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

Mar 18, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company, global leadership, pharma

Cons

not much really, overall pretty good

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. Please know that our team can always be reached at amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share more about your experience. Again, thank you for your review!

3. 5.0

Jan 31, 2021 - Quality Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

very professional and supportive environment

Cons

hard to move up the ladder

Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere where our employees feel supported and heard. Reviews like yours are instrumental in our ability to implement change. We encourage you to share additional details about your experience with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Poor culture and lack of professionalism

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Market leader in their field

Cons

Poor culture, unprofessional behaviour and full of politics.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We encourage you to share more details about your experience with our team at amgen@careers.pure.cloud.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Don’t be fooled by the corporate comms messages

Jun 19, 2020 - Commercial Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits eg shares, bonus, medical Products and pipeline Majority of people in positions below director are lovely. Most at director and above lose sight of what’s important and focus on own personal agenda

Cons

Leaders are not people leaders Very very poor people leadership Bureaucracy stifles innovation Far too many cooks in the kitchen to be agile Excessive volume of meetings As a company has own self image of being a great place to work which is stopping them from truly reflecting on areas where huge improvements are required to make it a more pleasurable place to work. Eg WFH as an accepted practice is all talk and most managers frown on it as a way of providing flexible work conditions. Hoping recent times will change this behavior.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review. At Amgen, we aim to uphold the highest degree of professionalism in all we do to serve patients. If you'd be so kind as to provide additional details of your experience by writing to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com, we will do our very best to prevent similar feelings in the future. Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

6. 4.0

great company

May 29, 2020 - Sales Representative in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

great salary and job security

Cons

centralized and rigid leadership, lack innovation

Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your time at Amgen. Please know, you can always reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience and ways we can further improve. Thank you for your review.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Was a great company to work for in the past

May 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation package for permanent staff.

Cons

Poor company culture, too focussed on shareholders

Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. We are constantly brainstorming on ways to improve our culture for our employees, and this is the kind of feedback we're interested in hearing. Please know, you can always reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Australian business is growing fast

Oct 12, 2019 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic environment, interesting pipeline, strong leadership

Cons

Competitive external environment, global pressures

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Recommended

Dec 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great friendly environment, generous bonus scheme.

Cons

Hard to achieve work/life balance

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Aug 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern hardware, use of cloud-based solutions, generous salaries, flexible work arrangements, travel opportunities, casual but competitive

Cons

Tendency to still be a little too US-centric even though its global footprint is now quite large. Sometimes tries to run on a too lean resourcing model

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,783 Reviews

Amgen Reviews FAQs

Amgen has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,470 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Amgen to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Amgen employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Amgen. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Amgen employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Amgen 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Amgen Job Seekers