Anthropologie Employee Reviews about "great discount"

Updated 7 Aug 2020

3.7
Anthropologie Chief Executive Officer Richard Hayne  (no image)
Richard Hayne
Pros
Cons
  • "Really bad hours, when they stopped doing on call shifts they just started canceling shifts(in 158 reviews)

• "long hours but anyone who has experience in retail expects it(in 93 reviews)

Reviews about "great discount"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Anthropologie Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Anthropologie full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Positive work environment, great employee discount, positive customer base, fantastic product assortment, creative environment, hones business skills, entrepreneurial style of management

Cons

No true HR, discriminatory LP policy that puts burden of LP control on employees instead of investing in cameras, low starting hourly pay

"OK experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Anthropologie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great employee discount, make friends with other sales associates

Cons

some managers are downright rude, definitely need training for race relations, not all managers just some. as a latina woman I was always asked to clean and take out the trash multiple times during one shift while the white sales associates were never asked if I was working.

3. "Love this company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Personal Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Anthropologie full-time for less than a year

Pros

team support, wonderful leadership, great employee discount

Cons

long hours but anyone who has experience in retail expects it

4. "Overall a good place for college students to earn some money and get discount on quality clothing"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great discount - Caring store manager

Cons

- Demanding costumers - Anthropologie has a great costumer service, this means that they expect too much from sales persons. - Sometimes understaffed

5. "Discount is great"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Anthropologie full-time for more than a year

Pros

- cool office campus: dog friendly office, tasty cafeteria, great discount on brands - company is well-known, recognized on the resume - beautiful products - company parties are instagram-worthy and "extra" (you could argue this is a con)

Cons

- gossipy, political, clique-filled office negatively impacts culture - the only way to get ahead or exert influence is to have worked there for 10+ years - does not value learning and development, not a good place to grow - difficult to navigate "flat" structure, which is not truly flat... - roles and responsibilities are unclear, career pathing is lacking

6. COVID-19

"Support your staff"

Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Anthropologie full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

*work with some of the best people, make lifelong friends *great discount *can transfer between brands (Urban Outfitters, Free People, Anthropologie, Terrain and BHLDN)

Cons

I have many qualms with this company, including their handling of the BLM movement and their response to being called out for racist behavior, but this is a COVID-19 focused review: At the beginning of covid, the company did good and paid all employees for the first two weeks of shelter in place. After that point, they furloughed majority of our staff and kept on department managers, most of the back of house team, most of the visual team, and upper management. However, since opening our stores back up for in store retail, we have been left to drown. We have barely brought back any of our furloughed employees. Although capacity has been decreased and our hours are shortened, we are still being overworked and run into the ground. We are receiving ridiculous amounts of shipment and our store processes (markdowns, transfers, etc) are expected to run at normal capacity. Morale is super low in the stores and it seems to just be ignored. It is as though they are holding the fact that they kept us employed during shelter in place against us and now we have to suffer to make up for it. They even told us that we are expected to do our annual inventory at the end of July with no insight into whether we will get back more staff or not considering the furlough got extended through the end of July. This is a task that usually takes a month to prepare for and requires all staff to be involved.

Continue reading
  7. "Not a bad retail experience"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sweet coworkers, great discount and overall good place to work retail. I've worked in places that were way worse.

Cons

I wasn't notified of my seasonal departure, I wish the communication between leadership and associates was better.

8. "The perfect side gig"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount, friendly co-workers, good retail experience. I worked at Anthro in highschool on weekends and after school. Super accommodating with my schedule and made me want to come back.

Cons

The shifts could be long and start as early at 6 am. Depending on if you’re a morning worker if evening, you have know which environment you’ll do well in.

9. "Great environment/friendly staff"

5.0
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was great to work with! Coworkers were very friendly and company is great (discount didn't hurt either)

Cons

No cons to comment on.

10. "Lots of great colleagues"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Anthropologie part-time for more than a year

Pros

Terrific co-workers, great discounts, beautiful store

Cons

wish the pay was higher

Found 426 reviews