Apex Group Employee Reviews about "central location"

Updated 30 Sep 2020

2.4
Apex Group CEO & Founder Peter Hughes (no image)
Peter Hughes
Pros
Cons
  • "The systems are always crashing which delays your work and take away from your work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• "Long hours, bad systems that crash all of the time(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "central location"

Return to all Reviews

"Avoid this place for your mental health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Apex Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Central location nothing else , avoid at all cost

Cons

No training and induction provided. Management is very unprofessional and arrogant, they don't even bother to reply to the emails. There is no support at all for new joiners . They just add responsibilities over responsibilities without a proper training and then they blame you. Managers are happy to push your mental health to the edge. Worst working experience ever.

October 12, 2020Senior Internal Communications Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take the mental health of our employees very seriously and will be highlighting this to local Ireland management. We also encourage you to raise your concerns with your local HR representative who will be able to appropriately escalate and address these items.

"Please Avoid"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Apex Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Central location that is the plus

Cons

- toxic atmosphere and culture with managers who are extremely arrogant and Aggressive - they need a reality check and remember that they are in a fund admi company and not on Wall Street - not a good Company for ones mental health -poor systems that keep crashing , long hours , unrealistic demands , arrogant managers that can be very aggressive - poor facilities - not enough space in the kitchen , not enough toilets for the number of staff and it always seems that that there’s no toilet roll there when you need it - poor Title structure - people get glorified titles with little or no pay increase - unrealistic workload - huge staff turnovers - more than I have ever seen in any company - management try to sell themselves as this big player in the industry - the company is a joke with no structure in place - a Company that’s extremely cheap -PLEASE AVOID - worst place I have ever worked in !!

Continue reading

"This place is worse that State Street"

Former Employee - Associate III in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Apex Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Team Member, Sports and Social Committee and Central Location are the only pro's about this place.

Cons

This place is a joke. Apex is cutting costs where ever they can and buying up so much business it is not able to cope with all the work coming in. What used to take 1 team half a day to complete a task is now being processed my 3 teams in 3 different countries that take more than a day. Apex have managed to find a loop hole around the TUPE legislation that protects workers from losing their jobs when a company is bought so they make redundancies as soon as the staff transfer over to Apex. Apex and some of its directors have been brought to court for administering fraudulent funds. The corporate titles are ridiculous and don't hold any value to them. They say they are a people first organisation but don't let this fool you. The office is terrible and has a small cafeteria for around 200 people where the staff are always on top of each other or in the way when people are just trying to make a cup of coffee. There aren't enough toilets in the office for the amount of staff there so you are constantly going in and out checking to see when there is one free. The systems are always crashing which delays your work and take away from your work life balance. The staff turnover is huge and it can take anywhere from 1 - 2 months to get someone new in which puts you under serious pressure to get work done. Benefits don't come close to what other companies are offering and they give the bare minimum holidays. I could write a lot more abut the goings on of this place but the above should be enough to keep you away.

"Fund Accountant"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Apex Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office is in a central location. Company has a good sports and social committee. Good communication from senior management.

Cons

Below market salary and benefits when compared to competitors. Structured training is non existent most is provided in ad hoc manner by colleagues. Currently engaged in aggressive expansion without rewarding current staff and cutting costs where possible.

February 12, 2019Senior Internal Communications Associate

Ensuring our colleagues are appropriately compensated for the work they do at Apex is one of our top priorities. On the job learning is often the most effective way of training staff, and something that we encourage here at Apex. We are disappointed to hear that you felt that this type of training was more ad hoc and this is something we will take on board going forward. We do have structured training through our digital learning platform and professional qualifications. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; your thoughts will help us make Apex a great place to work. If you would like to rach our further, you can email ApexMarketing@apex.bm

"Sebior Fund Accountant -Avoid , Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Apex Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Central Location is the only -Plus

Cons

-Poor Systems that contantly keep crashing -Poor Salary -Huge staff turnover - No proper Structure in place with all the business aquisitions -Huge emphasis on cost cutting - Poor Culture, with lots of unhappy Staff

February 12, 2019Senior Internal Communications Associate

We are sorry that your experience at Apex wasn't positive however thank you for taking the time to leave a review. In regards to having a structure in place post our business acquistions - we are conscious that in order to do this with the due diligence and sensitivity it deserves, this may take some time before the full effects are seen across the broader staff base. However, rest assured there is work being undertaken in this regard. Furthermore, our culture is something we are looking at across the Apex Group; we want to make sure that employees are happy in their work lives and feel comfortable sharing their thoughts. For example, we have recently launched an initiative re: Culture Champions. Our 2018 Employee Survey results suggested a dissatisfaction with our systems, which we are working on so that our employees have the best tools to do their jobs effectively. If you would like to reach out further, please email ApexMarketing@apex.bm

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.