Appco Group Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Found 15 reviews

1.8
Appco Group CEO Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
  • "Fun cooperative work environment(in 40 reviews)

• "No pros to mention as good about this organization(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stressful sometimes along with long hours(in 64 reviews)

• "They advertise it as an "internship" but in reality it is a door-to-door sales job(in 38 reviews)

"Fantastic company and awesome colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surry Hills

I have been working at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

A real team environment.

Cons

The communal lift takes a while to get to our floor.

Appco Group2017-08-01

August 6, 2017Communications Manager

Thanks for your positive feedback – it's great to hear that you're enjoying working at Appco Australia.

"Modern Slavery"

Former Employee - Door Attendant in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn resilience at least

Cons

You will be USED until you have no more to give

Advice to Management

Stop the sham. Stop the pain. Stop the hurt. (You rip off customers, you rip off staff and you rip off society. You are evil leaches) JUST STOP...

Appco Group2019-08-16

September 17, 2019Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are sorry to learn of your experience as it is not what we would wish for any independent contractor. Independent contractors are engaged by and contracted to specialist, independent marketing companies which supply Appco Australia with face-to-face sales and fundraising services. Independent contractors are not employed by the marketing companies, nor are they ever employed by or contracted to Appco Australia. The benefits of being an independent contractor are the flexible working opportunities and the ability to define your own career path and level of income. Independent contractors also have the option to access coaching, support and experience within the Appco network to create and grow their own business, if they choose to. This has benefitted hundreds of former independent contractors who now own their own businesses. However, we need feedback like yours to ensure we improve where it’s needed. Please do contact us at icenquiries@appcogroup.com.au if you would like to discuss your experience further.

"Worst"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Hawthorn

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, absolutely soul crushing terrible

Cons

Everything about it was hell

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of people

Appco Group2019-05-17

May 26, 2019Communications Manager

"AAPT Door to Door X-gen marketing Gosford"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Gosford

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work minimum hours per day make crap loads of cash being a 10+ sales per day or 20 face pace great teams great manager Mark Brown and Mikey Hayden best road trips with the team my advice if you can sell and not put off by people saying no and you can bring them around with your charm and sales skills ongoing training was great it's commission based so sitting around in the gutter smoking and negging out instead of... having a good go day in day out work smart not hard hit 10 sales plus per day then go work with your guys to get them hitting 10 plus per day if your not good at selling and you can't handle being rejected or told no it ain't for you I had a blast it was always competitive with team mates pretty hot chicks come through too guys heaps of partying and clubbing with mates from work pretty cruzzy if ya can sell and love competition and fast paced heaps of fun.

Cons

Campaign was ruined by a few dodgy reps in the team and took the opportunity away for everyone broke up a solid crew of gun sales reps that loved to work compete and cash up week in week out party hard but in all its a great place to work just get good at what you do and quick learn from experienced reps in the office rule number 1 Get with the right people. Happy Merching

Advice to Management

Get Brownie and Mikey Hayden back

Appco Group2019-03-13

March 19, 2019Communications Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review – it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time as an independent contractor. Just to clarify, as an independent contractor, you were contracted to a marketing company and not employed by or contracted to Appco Australia.

"Great lively environment"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Surry Hills

I have been working at Appco Group full-time

Pros

I have been working here for over 1 year now. A big plus is the fantastic and realistic management team. I always feel my voice is heard and have had opportunities to progress within my role. The staff are generally happy people as well which makes making friends easy.

Cons

A better coffee machine would be beneficial.

Appco Group2017-03-03

March 7, 2017

Thanks for the review. We always appreciate good feedback.

"Never before I have seen so much bull in a company in my life"

"Independent Contractor" in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night Beer night

Cons

Leading people on customers clients and team members alike Misleading job advertisements on seek/ career one etc Commission only (at $1 per item) False interview process Rude and egotistical Never been caught by the ATO/ fair work ombudsman etc I'm surprised they haven't been caught Early starts late finishes "Self employed" so they don't pay super or any benefits therefore they get away... with murder it's a common system in this country

Advice to Management

Stop what your doing now stop leading customers employees or as what you call them independent contractors and give them a fair days pay instead of commission Trust me one day you will be on today tonight or a current affair and trust me your lies are all over the net

Appco Group2016-09-21

September 26, 2016

Independent contractors in the Appco Australia network are contracted, on a self-employed basis, to independent marketing companies. As you have alluded to, the contractors in Australia are not employed by the independent marketing companies, nor are they employed by or contracted to Appco. A lot of people find that this model gives them flexible working opportunities and the ability to define their own career paths and level of income. The nature of the work is expected to be made absolutely clear during the recruitment process and we would like to investigate your particular experience further. We would very much appreciate it if you could contact us directly at icqueries@appcogroup.com.au

7. "Great Company to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Appco Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very supportive company where every is encouraged to help out in different roles and divisions. Always fun to come to work and engage with like-minded people.

Cons

Compared to other business there are no concerns that come to mind.

Appco Group2016-05-20

May 22, 2016

Great to hear you are enjoying working at Appco.

"Great Workplace!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Surry Hills

I have been working at Appco Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Appco has a great environment with a lot of fun and amazing people! The business does amazing things for a long list of clients.

Cons

A little behind with the technology. Some programs and processes are quite manual and could do with a review and upgrade.

Appco Group2016-05-10

May 22, 2016

Thanks for the review. Some great feedback and good suggestions on where improvements can be made in the business.

"Appco Review"

in Sydney

I have been working at Appco Group

Pros

Supportive work environment, room for development and progression, fun, vibrant atmosphere

Cons

No cons come to mind compared to other employers

Appco Group2016-04-05

May 2, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback – it's great to hear that you are enjoying your role!

10. "Supportive and Open-Minded"

in Sydney

I have been working at Appco Group

Pros

Dynamic group of staff who excel in a medium to face-paced working environment. Management group are accessible and receptive to staff input.

Cons

The national network of Marketing Companies who contract to Appco Group may challenge those who want their 'work' to be based purely in one city only.

Appco Group2015-10-12

July 24, 2016

We are pleased that you find the staff at Appco Group in Sydney 'dynamic' and the management both accessible and receptive for staff input and feedback. The national reach of Appco Group can provide some great travel opportunities for it's staff. However, there can also - as you identified - be some challenges with this. We appreciate the openness and honesty of your feedback.

Found 15 reviews