Appco Group Employee Reviews about "communication skills"

Updated 16 Jul 2019

1.7
Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
Cons
  • "It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours(in 69 reviews)

• "They advertise it as an "internship" but in reality it is a door-to-door sales job(in 38 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "communication skills"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Meh"

Former Freelancer - Brand Ambassador in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at Appco Group

Pros

Learning marketing skills, improve presentation skills, improve communication skills, learning team work.

Cons

Commission based salary, pushy/intrusive mentors, no medical benefits, no EPF & the sort.

September 27, 2019Global Head of Communications

Thanks for your feedback - however, I think you’ve got us confused with another independent sales company as Appco doesn't have commission based jobs and all jobs are salary and office based.

2. "Great platform for the young ones"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Singapore

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great platform if you want to build up your interpersonal and communication skills. Overseas opportunities. Great Leaders!

Cons

Hard to progress as a career. Have to really work intensively and hard as a leader and as a recruiter.

September 27, 2019Global Head of Communications

What a great review for us to read. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working with us.

"Corporate Trainer"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning for freshers... Good Communication Skills development Time Management Sessions Trips Enjoyment

Cons

Commission based Nothing for experience No experience certificate No job role Time

October 23, 2017Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills and you enjoyed the many benefits of being part of the Appco network. Business Associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid based on their performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment as well as take control of their income. As Business Associates are self-employed, there is an association contract involved. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch with us, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com.

"Business Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at Appco Group full-time

Pros

Bold communication skills Shamelessness in fooling customers Great physical capabilities like a sportsman after working for hours on field

Cons

Worst culture and nature of the company Lots of standing and shouting

September 4, 2017Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to know that your experience was not a positive one. Appco India is proud of the opportunities we offer to the ambitious people to improve their sales skills, mentor and coach others, and progress to building their own companies, if they choose. Many people choose to work hard to make the most of these opportunities; however the standard working day for someone in a training role is 8am-6pm, and shorter for those who are new to the business. This model has benefited hundreds of former business associates who now run their own independent businesses. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch with us, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com. We also wish you every success with your future career.

"About job profile and salary for charity people"

Current Contractor - Business Associate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra

I have been working at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

In charity division you can improve your communication skills that's it.nothing new to learn only business manager or owner gives you motivational speech daily.

Cons

There is no fix salary hardly people can earn upto 6k and it's a commission base and if you join this company make sure when you get your salary slip ask them about opbond, close bond, recovery .if you want to be a salesman this a perfect job for you guys.

August 27, 2017Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to know that your experience was not a positive one, however we are glad that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills. Business associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid based on their performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment and take control of their income. Many people choose to work hard to make the most of these opportunities; however the standard working day for someone in a training role is 8am-6pm, and shorter for those who are new to the business. However, we understand this model is not for everyone, and as you mentioned is best suited to people would love to make their career in sales and have an entrepreneurial mindset. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further so that we can look at how and where we can improve. If you would like to get in touch, please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com.

"An okay experience"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Ahmedabad

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can learn stuffs for sure. Communication skills and confidence level improvement is nice, exposure trips are good. Environment is good.

Cons

No fix salary as it's performance based till some levels, during exposure trips and on local field food and transport one have to manage on their own.

July 3, 2017Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your time while being associated with Appco Group India and that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills. Business associates in the Appco India network are contracted on a self-employed basis and are paid on performance. This gives them flexible working opportunities, allowing them to determine their level of commitment and take control of their income. However, we understand this model is not for everyone, as you say, and is best suited to people with an entrepreneurial mindset. Please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com if you would like to discuss your experience further with us. We wish you every success!

"Floyd Inc., SBU of Appco Group India - Not good"

Business Associate in Bangalore

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

1) U get to improve your communication skills no doubt 2) U can join if you want to improve your communication and convincing skills 3) U will be surrounded by eye candy ladies

Cons

1) No basic pay - so chances are u might not be able to make any money 2) They make you walk around the territory allotted to you for the entire day asking for donations 3) You will feel get a good feeling when you have newly joined the company but soon you will realise what stupid mess you got yourself into 4) They dont even provide an experience letter neither an ID from the company 5) U will feel like a beggar going from home to home asking for donations - thats what I felt 6) Extremely long working hours. There are days when you entering the office at 8am in the morning and leaving by 9pm at night or even 10. 7) They even make you work on weekends....mondays are off 8) They say you will be paid weekly but you wont be paid for atleast a month after you join, I was paid after 5 weeks 9) JOIN IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A JOB AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND ANY

June 22, 2017Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re pleased to know that the role helped you develop such a broad range of skills while being associated with Appco Group India, however sorry to know that you experienced dishonest behavior which is ever condoned by Appco Group India. We expect all of the independent marketing companies that are contracted with us to operate in a open and honest way at all times. Appco India does not recruit any business/sales associates. This process is managed by the independent marketing companies in our network, who contract individuals on a self-employed basis to conduct field sales work. Business associates are paid based on performance which allows them to determine their level of commitment, rate of progression and take control of their income. Many people choose to work hard to make the most of these opportunities; however the standard working day for someone in a training role is 8am-6pm, and shorter for those who are new to the business. We understand this model is not for everyone. Please contact us at communication@appcoindia.com if you would like to discuss the issue further with us. We wish you every success.

"Appco - Unique Marketing Direct (Closed)"

Sales Manager in Old Street, England

I worked at Appco Group for more than a year

Pros

- Young, fun and relaxed environment - Trains communication skills and builds confidence - Learn to train other people - Travel to different areas - Suitable for a summer job, no more than a few months needed to develop correct skills.

Cons

- Everyone shares brainwashed attitude to retain FRs - No basic wage (100% commission) - Very expensive travel cost to different areas (No support from business) - Expected to work from 10am-10pm Mon-Fri and 10am-8pm Sat as a minimum (70hrs) - Very high turnover, any team you build will erode slowly or quickly - Progression depends solely on business owners discretion - Like a cult, it takes away social life and narrows your thinking, they sell you unrealistic dreams - Each Sale is worth £20-£25 if it actually goes through. Average 2 a day - I made more money and had more time when I quit and claimed JSA.

March 2, 2017Global Head of Communications

Thank you for your review – we’re glad you found the coaching useful and hope it helps you in your future career. To clarify, it sounds like you were a self-employed contractor, contracted to a marketing company and not to Appco UK. Appco UK is the first to admit that self-employment and commission are not for everyone, but it does and has suited thousands of people, whether they decide to make a career out of it or, as you say, choose it as a temporary option. As a contractor, you are required to pay your own travel costs, and all sales are processed as long as they fulfill all quality assurance criteria, which ensures we deliver the highest quality results for our clients. However, we are concerned to hear that you feel you were forced to work certain hours. That should never be the case – as a contractor, you choose the days and hours you work. We would like to discuss this further with you so we can investigate properly and would appreciate you contacting us at customerservice@appcogroup.co.uk

"Great"

5.0
    Business Associate Trainee in Bangalore

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

Improves communication skills Improves leadership qualities Provides entrepreneurship opportunity

Cons

Nothing is cons on this firm

September 29, 2016Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear that the role helped you develop. Promotions in any marketing company associated with us is purely performance based and have defined criteria to be met. Further to this, as the policy a Business Associate can only work with one marketing. Hence, if you wish we can surely try associating you with the same marketing company that you were associated with earlier. Please share your contact details or connect with us on communication@appcogroupindia.in or BASupport@appcoindia.com so that we can help you resolve any related issues and re-associate with the same marketing company. We wish you every success with your future career.

"AMAZING PLACE TO WORK AT!"

5.0
     in Bangalore

I have been working at Appco Group

Pros

Positive work environment which encourages a positive mentality Gives you enough training that will boost your confidence Enhances your Communication skills, leadership skills, and team building skills. Amazing growth oportunities Teaches you to lead from the front.

Cons

NO CONS AS SUCH! Its a great place to work at, the negative reviews given by others are completely baseless and pointless!

September 11, 2016Communications & social media manager, Appco Group India

Thank you for your positive feedback - we are delighted you're enjoying your experience within the Appco Group network!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews