Appco Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 22 Nov 2020

1.7
Appco Group Founder and Chairman  Chris Niarchos
Chris Niarchos
Pros
Cons
  • "It's Door-to-Door sales, long hours(in 69 reviews)

• "They advertise it as an "internship" but in reality it is a door-to-door sales job(in 38 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to learn skills for life"

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Gold Coast

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

Mentoring program is amazing The sales experience and skills you learn are 2nd to none. Amazing co workers who become friends for life Feeling like your not just a co worker but part of a family Will give you a go regardless of your past. Leadership skills I worked for Appco as an IC for around 9 months it was the hardest toughest most amazing experience of my life. And the fact is nothing in life that is worthwhile comes easy. It is tough when your not making the sales but you get help and mentoring and not just at a professional level at a personal one as well which still continues​ to this day. I had been unemployed for over 18 months before Appco had lost my last job due to issues with the owner and it made finding a new job so hard. But Appco gave me a go a 2nd chance. I will list why I left in the cons but I will add here it was a hard call to make. But I want to add that the skills I have learnt from this as taken me from job to job from my 1st job after Appco to the hiring manager going YOU DID WHAT?! MATE YOU ARE BULLETPROOF to now 2 years on to being a practice manager and national sales manager and part owner for a growing optical company.

Cons

The cons are Long hours Days of when your in a sales slump of feeling worthless Coffee addiction ( in fairness I had that before I started) If you don't have emotional strength and endurance you won't make it. The negativity or neg heads that you deal with The fact that you will still use words like negged and juicy! Even after you leave. For me the biggest thing was the work life balance trying to keep my relationship going and focus on sales isn't an easy thing and when one was going bad it effected the other so for me personally it came to a choice the job or my girlfriend​. It wasnt an easy choice as I loved my job but I made the right call infact it was my mangering director who helped make that call. Showing that he had an invested personal interest in me. And still does.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to learn sales"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Gold Coast

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

Best at teaching you the how to sell. Great environment, getting to help charity's you get paid for the effort you put in

Cons

Long hours 100% comms, very hard job mentally, you have to pay for everything.

July 24, 2016

We agree that retaining the right talent is one of the best ways to progress any business. It appears that you enjoyed elements of your time while contracting to one of the marketing companies in our network, which we will share at the first opportunity.

"Salesman"

Former Freelancer - Salesman in Sydney

I worked at Appco Group for less than a year

Pros

fun environment and lower level team members

Cons

Extremely long hours, horrible pay, management very deceiving about promotion opportunities and amount to be made from job.

July 24, 2016

It appears that you were contracted to one of the marketing companies in our network and you found it less than ideal for what you were seeking. While clearly not what we would hope for any independent contractors, we genuinely appreciate the time that you have taken to share your experiences and will see that this is shared with Sydney-based marketing companies who contract to Appco Group.

"Alright if you can afford it"

Independent Contractor in Sydney

I worked at Appco Group

Pros

Meet a variety of interesting people, travel to new places, good training in regards to sales theory which is broadly applicable

Cons

Unreasonably long hours, poor pay (nowhere near minimum wage considering the hours), not even reimbursed for travel or other expenses, strong resemblance to a pyramid scheme

July 31, 2016

While there seems a balance between the Pros and Cons you have shared here, we would hope that all Independent Contractors receive clear and unambiguous information regarding their contracting status and the entitlements they are eligible for, or not. Ideally the initial appointment, 2nd-round appointment and subsequent product training and support that is typically provided by Marketing Companies for new IC's should decrease the chance of any misunderstanding from either party as to their contracting status in future.

5. "good"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Appco Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

good progression, great people, good training

Cons

long hours ,poor work life balance

6. "Great Way to start your sales career"

Former Employee - Sales in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You would pay for the skills you would learn here. Think about it like college

Cons

Long hours, Bad work life balance

7. "Do not work here"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are not any pros to working here

Cons

Mutli level marketing scam, 100% commission and crazy long hours

8. "useless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I worked at Appco Group full-time

Pros

none, just office environment, long term vision

Cons

useless, no fix salary, long working hours

9. "Work hard and be rewarded"

4.0
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Leicester, England

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped sales commission - over £600 per week is realistic Office environment Travel opportunities Rewarded for efforts

Cons

No social life - long hours

July 17, 2019Global Head of Communications

We've taken your feedback on board, as we are constantly looking to improve our working environment. It would be great fo you to communicate your specific experience with us internally so that we can investigate and take the appropriate actions.

"APPCO got me where I am today"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Appco Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best sales / management training Amazing people met Fantastic travel opportunities

Cons

Long hours, although these are all worthwhile.

July 17, 2019Global Head of Communications

Amazing! Thank you for your review - we love hearing your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 English Reviews