Aristocrat Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 381 reviews

Aristocrat Technologies CEO Trevor Croker
Trevor Croker
Pros
  • "Good compensation and work life balance(in 60 reviews)

• "Great office environment, great people, great benefits, great travel opportunities(in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to learn, earn and grow...all provided at Aristocrat Technologies!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good focus on learning and development Growing organization Great culture and benefits in the organization Leadership team is approachable Great Work Life Balance

Cons

If you are looking for a good career opportunity then everything else becomes secondary. So no real cons to be advised

Advice to Management

We can work better on communication management

Aristocrat Technologies2019-02-27
  2. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Animator in Sydney

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work-life balance. Friendly and respectful environment. Work from home.

Cons

Only creative industry related constraints.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-08-19
  3. "meh"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

not many, pretty average place

Cons

Cliques rule the roost, expect no transparency despite the claims to the contraries.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-09-20

"Less than a shadow of its glorious past."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in North Ryde

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours. There were many long timer who placed their hearts in the work they do.

Cons

Creativity was being killed unnecessarily. The great Aristocrat culture perhaps almost got destroyed completely by greed of certain directors or brilliant jerks; managers were puppets of their supervisors and could only look after themselves.

Advice to Management

Follow Atlassian. Aristocrat needs people who work with their hearts than brilliant jerks.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-08-25
  5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Leadership and opportunities for career progression

Cons

Subject to the vagaries of Government legislation changes

Aristocrat Technologies2019-09-03
  6. "Wow what a crappy company to work for"

Former Employee - Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

cant think of any pros! Such a terrible company I wished I never worked there :-( Oh coffee in Nth Rude was good is that a pro?

Cons

lots of junior staff with no experience who bully more senior staff - micromanagement to the extreme!

Advice to Management

sack senior mgmt - hire skilled professionals!

Aristocrat Technologies2019-09-12

"Politics, Bureaucrats and Incompetency"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in North Ryde

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent employee benefits, decent location near public transport. When I first joined it was actually a very good company with a good culture. The CEO I feel is doing a decent job despite the negativity and other problems.

Cons

The main issue is not the CEO himself. It is the senior management one and two levels below the CEO. They intimidate and bully hard-working employees and treat them like criminals whilst trying to mask their own incompetence. There is too much politics and bureaucracy with constant blaming and pointless processes that achieve very little, if anything at all. When something does goes wrong, middle and senior... management try to shift the blame to other parties; either their staff or other teams. Management also bully and intimidate their staff into doing meaningless work that doesn't fulfill business requirements. It's just work for their own self-promotion. If this meaningless work goes wrong, they will again blame their staff. When something goes wrong, minor or major, management immediately treat their direct reports or other teams as criminals and do not take responsibility for their own mismanagement. This is especially so in the Sydney and Noida offices. They over complicate what should be relatively simple tasks by introducing processes that just add more meaningless work. There are plenty of pointless meetings that achieve nothing and just stop staff from actually doing work. It is extremely difficult to suggest new ideas and get them approved due to the sheer amount of red tape these ideas have to go through. They like talk about the quality of the product being the highest priority but this is a load of rubbish. It is really all about cutting time to market. This leads to staff being overworked and rushed, poor quality products that will eventually be found out in the field. They cut staff so they can maintain their bonuses and profits.

Advice to Management

If you treat your staff, even star performers, like crap, they will not be motivated to do a good job for you, they will resent you. True leaders are supposed to inspire and lead by example, not bully and intimidate their employees. Really take the time to listen to your staff. This is a professional business not a primary school. Note: I wrote this advice but I feel they will probably look at this advice and... just laugh and ignore it.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-07-02

"Is the CEO and Board Members reading Glassdoor?"

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Location, cheap coffee and ridiculous bonus for mediocre performance

Cons

I just cant understand how a CEO can see that only 20% of employees in Australia would recommend the company to a friend and in the US only 29% of employee would recommend to a friend and take no action. HR is absolutely useless, I can count more than 20 people that disappeared since I joined, all the useless people stay and are nowhere to be found when needed. The CHRO comes across as the most unfriendly and... unapproachable person I have ever met, shows zero interest on anyone but the C-suite members and continues to let go all the people that could actually help us, firing everyone who had an opinion, had experience or had a spine to challenge. Seeing people getting paid 200% of their bonus while not delivering anything is super pathetic, no wonder the underperforming people will not leave. Since the new CFO was appointed the company has gone down hill, it's pretty obvious that none of the C-Suite people see eye to eye and all they are concerned is about the shiny new Porsche or Lexus they can buy with their next bonus so they can show off to each other in the carpark. Engagement results are atrocious and the HR results is one of the poorest for the third time in a row? Who is responsible to lead engagement across a company and ensure at least her team should be engaged? The CHRO! Time for her to go, she is ineffective and had plenty of time to put together and deconstruct the team multiple times and still failing. Amazing to see that the HR team has also given up on responding to glassdoor reviews, maybe because they agree and can also see that the the boat is sinking? Time to change we need a People Person and a real People team.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-08-14

"Good company to work for but...."

Current Employee - Test Lead

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working for the company for many years. It has been really wonderful for majority of the time. The company has provide a lot of learning opportunities. Work and life balance are good.

Cons

It is a great company to work for if you are young. When you are getting old, they try to get rid of you by putting you under performance without justification. Have seen many colleagues been forced out of the company after many years service in the company. So dishonest. Some line managers has not management skills. Do not know how to manage people. But still stay on the job.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing. Pay the redundancy package if you want aged employee leave.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-06-06

"Just OK"

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time

Pros

Talented people with passion to work with, many new projects

Cons

Management team doesn't care and a lot of politics

Aristocrat Technologies2019-05-15