Aspen Dental Reviews

Found 1,414 of over 1,447 reviews

3.2
Aspen Dental President Bob Fontana
Bob Fontana
Pros
  • "Training opportunities for new doctors(in 76 reviews)

• "Dentist compensation is based off of patient satisfaction(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be long hours depending on the situation from day to day(in 99 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be tricky(in 66 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Growth and opportunity

Sep 8, 2020 - Regional Manager of Operations in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendously successful company that is growing its footprint leads to many opportunities nationwide Autonomy Feedback and culture of coaching and accountability is top notch

Cons

Communication can be hectic or inconsistent from HQ Lack of strong benefits package and base salary compensation

29 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

Doctor Owner Beware

Aug 2, 2021 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

New training programs, even hybrid to learn at home in a quiet environment.

Cons

Training program was so new they had not fully gone over it with in office staff so that it was truly complimentary; therefore there were a lot of assumptions. Hard sales focused Employees felt like a gear in the system

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Productive and fun work environment

Aug 2, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Lavale, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance Great schedule flexibility (I was a new grad when I started with Aspen and they worked with me and my schedule to make sure I wasn't overwhelmed while settling in) Great benefits package Great pay Great career opportunities Great work environment

Cons

You have to see many patients each day so time management is very important

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Training will SUCK but the job is decent

Jun 20, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Houma, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chill work environment, lots of room for growth, benefits,

Cons

Horrible training where travel is required. I was made to drive 500 miles away but mileage and per diem is paid and it’s actually kind of nice on top of the hourly. The actual training however is subpar at best. Because of the fact that every office operates differently, learning the job at a office you won’t be working at full time and being expected to apply that at another is going to be difficult. Be prepared for lots of training yourself. They will let you complete online modules and then throw you on the front desk to work. There is ALOT to learn. I’ve been here for two months and still don’t know how to do a lot of things. You will only learn as you work. I read that a lot of people experienced toxic work environments but I did not. My office manager is extremely supportive and so is my regional manager. I felt at home the second I got there so I guess Im one of the lucky ones.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Major Bait and Switch

Jul 28, 2021 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any pros in working for Aspen Dental

Cons

This is not a management position, it is a high demand sales position. They make you think you are a manager but you have zero input in anything that a manager would have input in. Though you are held accountable for all the 'metrics' they set for you, you have little to no support in reaching them and honestly the metrics are set up for failure each month. The Regional Manager has all the control. Your support staff will be pulled often to help staff other offices, even if it leaves your office short handed. If you add up the hours you are expected to work against the base pay you will be shocked at how little you make.

6. 4.0

Good but late hours.

Jul 31, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Pace, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers Get off at 1pm on Friday

Cons

No Dental Insurance Work until 6pm Work 1 Saturday a month

7. 2.0

Trained for 3 weeks and left

Jul 20, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Quincy, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting pay was $14 per hour.

Cons

Far away training (2 hours from) Mon - Thur every week. (They put me in a hotel) Very late on being sent the reimbursement money for food and mileage. Very little support during training; mostly doing computer modules and essentially going through psuedo-"dental school" on the computer to be cross trained for early every position in the office, even though you likely won't ever need to do it.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Benefits

Jul 25, 2021 - Dental Hygienist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, up to date equipment and instruments. Opportunities to move out of clinical hygiene.

Cons

Long hours, metrics driven, New Patients are scheduled separate from hygiene so you have to get up from your scheduled patients to probe new pts.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

May 5, 2021 - Dental Assistant and Treatment Plan Coordinator in Manchester, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aspen is a great company to work for with plenty of job growth opportunities. I had the opportunity to explore different dental offices and found myself coming back to Aspen Dental after working in different specialties. Out of all the private and corporate offices I have worked at there is really no other environment like Aspen Dental. The day is fast paced with a variety of work to be done so the days go by quick and it is impossible to get bored. The patients have varieties of treatment plans and due to the fact that Aspen does a lot of denture work, the interaction with patients is more positive than other offices. Patients are always excited to see their new smiles! The growth within aspen is also diverse and easily attainable. Through working at Aspen, I have been able to work at the front desk as a treatment coordinator but have also been cross trained as a dental assistant due to Aspens training opportunities.

Cons

There is a requirement to work one Saturday a month but rotating schedules make it only a couple Saturdays a year and someone is always willing to help out if you cant work.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Alright pay for entry-level, long hours

Aug 2, 2021 - Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

All training provided (I didn't go to school for anything remotely dental).

Cons

Terrible pay in comparison to all local dental offices, long fluctuating hours, overscheduling of patients a huge issue, questionable sanitation/sterilization guidelines.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,414 Reviews