AudienceScience Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 11 May 2016

3.1
AudienceScience CEO and Chairman Bill Gossman (no image)
Bill Gossman
Pros
  • "Great people with a lot of interesting work happening(in 7 reviews)

• "Good people - simple and down to earth (very little posturing)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Focused on one client rather than understanding overall industry(in 5 reviews)

• "There have been bad hires and at times upper management doesn't seem to know what it's doing(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Culture, Good Product"

5.0

I worked at AudienceScience full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people and culture. Product drove results for clients.

Cons

Need more clients to keep the ball rolling.

Continue reading

"Good company with business model headwinds."

Former Employee - Washington in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AudienceScience full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people and good beer.

Cons

Business model still needs to be proven. Only one customer and ability to manage other customers requires significant human work.

AudienceScience Response

March 2, 2016Chief Product Officer

Thanks for your review! We like that you enjoy the beer and believe there are good people here to work with. We are spending a lot of time and resources on improving the business model to streamline and increase efficiencies. We are also paying close attention to our internal users and beginning to make improvements based on their feedback as well. We believe this time and effort is already paying off.

"Great idea, shame about the execution..."

1.0

I worked at AudienceScience full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good ideas. Sensible business model, however it can be slow for new business. Possibly ahead of the market with this client-facing model which may mean they cannot wait for the market. The one major client is an amazing advertiser to have and means there is great potential if just a few more major global clients can be found. Growth could be huge if company can last. Platform does a great job - largely due to the people using it daily to deliver campaigns. Many good people helping drive the business forward (though a number have left). In all teams there are really great staff with great skills and fantastic ideas.

Cons

Summed up by the reaction to poor reviews on Glassdoor - senior staff were told to post positive reviews. Don't address the problem; shout over it instead! (Easy to spot those reviews. One current employee posting a negative review was hunted by management...) Having only one client doesn't make for a dynamic workplace. Not great opportunities for career progression and experience. Incredibly slow at any dev work, product work and integrations. Constantly changing priorities and rarely communicated internally, The engineers are good, its the senior management who cause problems. The Peter Principle often seen in action, and ignored by management until too late, especially with many managers lacking experience, people skills or training. Loss of key staff is seeing any office outside Bellevue HQ shrink and lose further staff. Lack of any focus on culture or morale makes a decline inevitable. AudienceScience sucks the positivity out of people and leaves a lethargic staff. All the hallmarks of a sinking ship right now. If the one advertiser leaves, then it's over. Many, many staff have left. As someone mentioned, this includes CRO, SVP, VPs, many Directors, Account Managers, Engineers, Product team and others - never a good sign.

Continue reading

"Maturing startup with high-growth potential"

5.0
    Current Employee -  in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AudienceScience full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am relatively new to AudienceScience. Haven't drunk the cool aid yet. Too new to be biased or bitter about it. I got to join after a period during which the company shrunk. It is now in high growth mode. Pros: - Good people - simple and down to earth (very little posturing). Some very talented folks. - Healthy review system - no "curving" (if you've lived through it, you know what I'm talking about). - It's not a tiny startup, but it's not a corporation - I don't feel subjected to the insanity of the small company / small agency that doesn't know what it is doing and I am not subjected to an inane amount of red tape. - Good deal - good benefits and pays like a legitimate business - High growth - as far as I can tell many of the folks who have stayed have been promoted fairly quickly compared to other small and large organizations I've worked with. - Unique business model - AudienceScience had to make major sacrifices to get there (see first point of Cons) to the benefit of current and new employees.

Cons

- The company has gone through a change of business model. This has caused a lot of turmoil and must have been painful. I am glad I wash't there while this happened. On the flip side, the previous business model was rather undifferentiated within the industry. It's such a sacrifice that I can't see any other company willing to go down that path until it's too late... Terrible thing for those who lived it, good thing for those who remain with the company or are now joining. - High-growth = things will get busy at times. Nothing I wouldn't have expected. - Still maturing - it means having to deal with some ambiguity and solving for it.

Continue reading
  5. "Company grew significantly and had a good reputation in the industry."

4.0
     in Bellevue, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AudienceScience

Pros

Some very good people to work with. People were passionate about the company and company performance.

Cons

Lots of people have left the company in the last year.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews