Australian Red Cross Lifeblood Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 1 Sep 2020

3.3
Pros
  • "Donors are amazing and make the job worthwhile(in 17 reviews)

• "Competitive salary with generous salary packaging(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bullying culture (particularly from managers), so much pressure put on staff for individuals to do the work of 3 people(in 8 reviews)

• "Having to work rotating roster can be difficult when start times of shifts can vary a lot, makes work life balance hard to maintain(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "team is great, great culture"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Infrastructure Engineer in Adelaide

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood for less than a year

Pros

culture is excellent, supportive, work life balance

Cons

dispersed team but works well

2. "Wonderful team!"

Current Employee - Administration Assistant in Melbourne

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood full-time

Pros

Team is wonderful and supportive, manager also encourages work life balance

Cons

Lack of career progression for some staff

3. "Great place to work, saving lives across the country"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Donor Services Consultant in Adelaide

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great career development Our work saves lives and improves the lives of patients across the country The ability to make up time at the end /start of a shift if er need to leave work early on another day

Cons

Having to work rotating roster can be difficult when start times of shifts can vary a lot, makes work life balance hard to maintain having to work late shifts

National Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We do recognize the challenges of a rotating roster and how that can impact work life balance for employees working varying shifts. There is work being undertaken around how we can improve this for all of our employees - if you have any ideas you would like to share, you can email lifebloodcareers@redcrossblood.org.au. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

4. "Great support and I have been very welcomed"

5.0
    Current Employee - Enrolled Nurse in Brisbane

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting great people that come in and volunteer their time, working with great staff who have been nothing but supportive, Hours are great, Great flexibility and support a great work/life balance.

Cons

Feel pressured to meet the numbers/stats. Certain expectation that you are meeting expectations in regards to statistics but in saying that, I feel very supported and if I was to not be meeting expectations I feel I would be helped out by making goals/changes in order to get to where I need to be.

National Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback, it helps us to be an even better organisation. It sounds like you're in a great place being able to balance both your work and personal life, and glad to hear you are feeling supported by your colleagues and Managers. We have taken your advice on-board and strive to improve your experience even more. Keep up the great work!

5. "Great place to learn to handle a huge needle"

Current Employee - DSNA

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Donors are amazing and make the job worthwhile

Cons

Unpredictable shifts, the rosters are not rotational so your work/life balance is non-existent.

National Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback. Our generous donors mean everything to our organisation and great to hear that you enjoy working with them. We are sorry to hear that your work-life balance is suffering at the moment, please feel free to reach out to your Manager or the local People & Culture Consultant to talk through options that may suit your requirements.

"high stress, low support"

Current Employee - CSO in Perth, Western Australia

Pros

The donors, pay, co workers.

Cons

workload, work/ life balance, management.

National Talent Acquisition Manager

We’re sorry to hear this: it sounds like it has been a challenging time for you. At the Blood Service, we take discrimination, bullying and harassment very seriously and address this behaviour promptly and in accordance with procedural fairness principles. The Blood Services’ Values and Leadership Principles articulate what is expected in the behaviour of our highly valued team members. This year, we also launched a new cultural program called ‘Leading Safely’. This program includes training that aims to strengthen our focus on supporting our employees to bring their best selves to work. We appreciate you speaking up and sharing your experience as it does help us become an even better organisation. We would really encourage you to discuss your concerns further – please reach out to our People & Culture team for additional support.

"Nurse"

1.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood

Pros

Meeting amazing Donors. Contributing towards safe blood supplies. Helping make a difference to people's life's No night shifts good on line learning system.

Cons

Poor Management Bullying and Micromanaging Culture People dare not speak up. Poor roster systems. Poor holiday entitlement poor work life balance

Continue reading
  8. "Great potential, poor culture"

I worked at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great cause Well funded work life balance

Cons

roles lack accountability work in silos leadership

"Lab Tech"

2.0

I have been working at Australian Red Cross Lifeblood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, pleasant team and coworkers, easily accessible location via public transportation, lots of talk about work life balance

Cons

DO NOT RECCOMEND: very high turn over, poor management, strong bully culture, no actual work life balance, few opportunities for advancement (particularly if upper management dislike you, even if your actual manager does), constantly restructuring departments so it feels like there's no security, questionable adherence to safety guidelines and history of forcing people with work injuries to quit rather than deal with the trouble

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews