Auto Trader UK Account Director Reviews

Current Employee

A truly great company

Oct 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employee wellbeing and progression Inclusive environment Opportunities for progression

Cons

Salary can be low in comparison to other phone-based roles in the business.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Simply the best

Jun 14, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, innovation, connected, forward thinking and inclusive. This company is not for the faint hearted, it requires you to be bold , determined and tenacious in your approach. Educating customers to change the way they work inline with the changing consumer demand. The culture is what I’m proud of, having a passion to promote from within . Giving people the autonomy to voice their opinions, allowing the business and our retailers the ability to grow quickly. AT have managed the pandemic extremely well, with a caring approach to staff and a forward thinking approach to product launches, allowing us to build amazing relationships internal and external.

Cons

Apart from the coffee choices I would struggle.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. When we set out to improve the process of buying and selling vehicles in the UK, we knew that we had a challenging journey ahead of us. Educating retailers and consumers on the benefits of digitalisation requires resilience, initiative and determination, qualities our talented community of account managers and directors have in spades. Internal progression remains a key priority for us, and there is nothing we love more than to see our employees develop their careers. You'll be pleased to know that the new coffee shop we built in the office during lockdown serves a delightful cup, so there are no worries on that front!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing employer.

May 26, 2021 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Value driven and people first culture. Proven by their handling of the pandemic.

Cons

I can genuinely think of nothing to put here.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place with support

May 6, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear open workspace where you can reach out to anyone - even in Covid virtually. Really have helped with development and get support from managers within both teams I’ve worked in. Real focus on developing their people and the support is there when you ask.

Cons

Currently none at the moment

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your review. Hearing about your experience proves just how important a collaborative and supportive workspace is. We're excited to see how that develops as we move to our new way of connected working, where we combine both home and office working as lockdown eases.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Company, Fantastic Team!

May 5, 2021 - Account Manager in Liverpool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing training, development opportunities, hands on learning and extremely well looked after as an employee, delighted to be part of such a brilliant company.

Cons

As far as I am concerned, no reservations or negative experiences so far!

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic to hear that you've benefitted from the courses available through our Learning Academy, and we hope that you're enjoying Learning Month, which runs until the end of May. Promoting talent from within the business is something we're very passionate about, and it's been incredible to see our people progress within the business. Long may it continue!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best company ever!

May 4, 2021 - Account Director in Leeds, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company to work for!

Cons

None at all I can think of!

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. It sounds like your enthusiasm and energy for the company haven't dimmed over the ten years you've been with us, and we wish you many more happy years!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, culture and people!

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fast-paced ever-changing environment is something you definitely expect in not only a constantly changing marketplace but a digital business. Auto Trader is adaptable to understanding, learning and changing which makes this place awesome and allowing people to have a voice, learn every day and speak to people you would never normally interact with in your day to day. Like with anything, you need to drive your own growth and development and put yourself out there. Although recognition is high, being entrepreneurial, creative and strategic helps you and the business at the same time. I don't think there are many businesses out there that you could work for and really make a difference every single day to both colleagues and customers. Managers do listen and will help you with vested interest and care and I found being very open and honest from the start has always done me well as the company knows what I need, and how to use my strengths while bringing up my weaknesses. The pandemic tested every business in the UK and Auto Trader proved to both its customers and its colleagues that it is here to support . You just cant ask for more when it comes to this.

Cons

Depending on what you class as progression, it can sometimes be difficult to move forward due to a lean environment but as I said, it depends on what you want.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The satisfaction you take from your role is evident, and it's fantastic to hear about the impact you have on our customers. Keep up the good work!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company but Account Manager role is tough

Apr 4, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has taken great care in creating a culture of caring for their staff, they are forward thinking with lots of perks and nice offices etc. I would highly recommend working for Auto Trader in any other role than Account Manager.

Cons

My experience of working as an internal account manager was not what I expected, given my previous experience in similar roles. The reality is taking a lot of inbound customer support and retention calls a call centre environment. Unfortunately a high proportion of car dealerships dislike Auto Trader, meaning that Account Managers are are on the front line of taking a lot of anger. Selling to people in that mindset makes it a very tough job and it’s overwhelming to even the strongest of people. Being the primary touch point with the companies customers there isn’t much trust in the Account Management teams. Often being the last in the business to learn about big changes, so its difficult to have any real impact aside from hitting your sales targets. It does feel like they are treated as disposable, with high staff turnover. If you’re used to call centres the role could be right for you.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear your positivity for our culture and that you’d recommended Auto Trader as a place to work. I’m sorry to hear that your expectations of the role haven’t been met, and I’d like to offer another viewpoint on some of your comments. We have a diverse range of customers, all of whom have different business models, goals, and pain points. This means that our Account Managers handle various enquiries, and there are times when their resilience and problem-solving skills are key to a progressive conversation. I acknowledge that not every customer is satisfied 100% of the time, but we know most of our customers feel very positive about Auto Trader. Over the past 12 months, we’ve offered an unprecedented level of support to our customers, and we’ve received extremely positive feedback as a result. We work closely with the recruitment team to paint a transparent picture of the role, from the job advert and at each stage of the assessment experience. If you have any ideas on improving, I'd encourage you to contact the team or me directly. We hold ourselves to high standards regarding internal communication to communicate via multiple channels from weekly update emails, a weekly CEO video, and manager briefings. I’m disappointed to hear that you’re not getting the information you need, given everything that is in place. I hope that you feel encouraged by our open and collaborative culture to speak to me directly, as I genuinely would love the opportunity to understand your points further. Thanks for sharing and very best regards, Rebecca Clark

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good company to work for

Feb 2, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment No hierarchical management structure

Cons

No cons so far only been employed for 10 months

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that you've had a positive start to your career, despite the restrictions in place. We're looking forward to welcoming you back to the office when it's safe to do so.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great application process and excellent job role

Oct 12, 2020 - Graduate Account Builder in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The application process was a seamless journey, we were kept highly informed throughout and advised of the next steps when needed, help was also offered at all stages if it was required. The job role seems to good to be true, the people and culture at the business are amazing and everything is very well organised. You feel very valued as an employee and the work is enjoyable.

Cons

Covid-19 has meant we are currently working virtually for everyone's safety

2 people found this review helpful

Head of People and Culture

Thank you for your review about the application process as well as your first months working with us. Hope you continue enjoying your role for years to come!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews