BASF "german" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

BASF Employee Reviews about "german"

Updated Oct 15, 2019

Found 2237 reviews

3.9
BASF CEO Martin Brudermüller
Martin Brudermüller
Pros
Cons
  • "Falta assiduidade no desenvolvimento da equipe em um plano de carreira, m(in 84 reviews)

• "o se tem um plano de metas/carreira para os estagi(in 68 reviews)

Reviews about "german"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Always learning - Opportunities for growth - Good pay - Good work / life balance / flexibility - Supportive of parents at work with great benefits

Cons

- Difficult to change roles between divisions - Still shifting towards a global company from a German one (making great strides) - Not a good understanding of the marketing function / not a clear career path for marketing professionals (working on this as well) - BASF has a "brand" that it helps to fit into to advance in the company, folks who are very different (even if effective) are typically not on the fast... track

BASF2019-10-10

October 14, 2019Talent Branding & Diversity Specialist

Thank you for shedding light on our advancement opportunities. Your review is valuable as we strive to continue being an employer of choice.

2. "Great pay and benefits, too much bureaucracy at times"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, bonus system and benefits

Cons

Indecisive management, lots of strategy talk but tactical actions from management, must be willing to move to advance, German HQ controls global decisions, must be willing to sacrifice work life balance to move into leadership roles.

Advice to Management

Too much organization change. Stick with a plan a follow through. Focus on the business growth verses retooling internal setup constantly.

BASF2019-10-01

October 14, 2019Talent Branding & Diversity Specialist

Thank you for your review and for your ten+ years of dedication at BASF. Your advice is valuable to us and we will share your insights with our leaders.

"150+ yr old company JUST realizing customer should be center of the business....Really?!?"

Current Employee - Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compensation, Vacation. Most colleagues are nice

Cons

Major Layoffs happening, lots of good people being lost to make stockholders happy. More work and less resources for those remaining! Not truly a “global” company still VERY German centric.

Advice to Management

Fix your customer service group, start selling products! Streamline processes. Go private.

BASF2019-08-20

"Accounts Payable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I worked at BASF full-time for less than a year

Pros

30 days of vacation is nice, but more or less standard in big German companies. Flexible working schedule is a great, but generally depends on your team and manager.

Cons

Salary in BASF SSC in Berlin is ridiculous, much lower that the market average. They have a band system and your salary depends on the band that is assigned to you. If you will be given to drive a project, do your research and it may turn out that this project has failed a number of times in the past forming a knowledge gap. No tools are given to perform your tasks, no responsible people assigned to properly... onboard newcomers. Processes are overcomplicated and outdated. The company is hiring non-German speakers and at the same time does nothing to accommodate this change, 9 meetings out of 10 are held in German. Newcomers' training was a complete disgrace, presenters do not speak English, many times had technical issues, come unprepared. On top of this, a Managing Director visited the training so before that we spent 1-2 hours preparing questions for him like in the kindergarten. Big spending cuts are taking place at the moment, no fruits, no snacks, no drinks (only coffee), no other perks. Strict hierarchy, no transparency, unknown how the information is flowing, unclear who has decision power.

BASF2019-04-02
  5. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Cairo

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the worldwide leaders in Chemicals industry

Cons

Limited career progression, and a pure German culture

BASF2018-12-24
  6. "Versatile person with technical degree."

I have been working at BASF

Pros

Benefits. Diverse employees. Varied business opportunities and skilled technical personnel.

Cons

German company. Very rigid processes, pigeonholing of people. Favor younger employees.

BASF2018-11-26

December 5, 2018

We appreciate you mentioning our benefits (Compelling Total Offer) as a Pro. Our team works hard to ensure all employees receive benefits that go beyond the basics from their first date of hire.

"Very Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, empowerment & inclusion focus, work-life balance. Everyone works from home at least one day per week. Flex hours are available to every full-time employee. The Florham Park facility is beautiful. Benefits are generous. The environment is very diverse and collaborative. The company encourages cross-functional opportunities.

Cons

German management adds layers of bureaucracy. Investment in manufacturing is focused in Europe to the detriment of profits in North America.

Advice to Management

invest - digitalization, capacity, R&D.

BASF2018-11-22

December 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review! BASF prides itself on fostering an environment where our employees can constantly grow, learn, and #belongatBASF.

8. "Good experience of global project close to customers and interacting with different partners such as marketing, sales..."

Current Employee - R&D Manager in Amagasaki

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good for employee development and to acquire experience in different positions in a global environment

Cons

Entrepreneurial behavior, good communication in English or even in German for better carreer are needed.

Advice to Management

Should be a bit more concern on the reasons why a project failed than the overall results itself.

BASF2018-11-23

"Nice Colleagues but Bad Management & Salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Nice and international colleagues -Flexible time -Summer & Christmas parties -Location -Stable company -Very good for starting your professional life in Berlin but do not stay more than 1.5 years in the same position.

Cons

-Salary is very low compared to other jobs with the same function in other companies in the city. -Incompetent leaders -Most of the leaders do not care about developing their people -Leaders are not open at all to new ideas or approaches. They prefer to do everything in the same way or in the most bureaucratic possible way. -More and more they are hiring more non-German speaker people but they have not... adjusted yet that all meetings and massive emails are in English instead of German. This always gives the feeling of being in the wrong place - It also makes no sense to have to attend long meetings in German when you do not understand the language. -Top management does not get any formal evaluation or feedback regarding the TL and TS's performance as leaders (e.g. a 360º anonymous evaluation) so bad leaders stay long time. -Lack of involvement of the Team Leads/Specialists in the daily business. They are not really a support for the team when there is an issue with a customer, they try as much as possible to be safe and avoid any confrontation with them and prefer not interfere at all or always agree with them. -It is not possible to get a salary raise unless you are promoted to a new role that has a better salary assigment.

Advice to Management

Improve the selection process/Performance management of leaders within the company. A good leader is more than speaking good German and be able to smile to people.

BASF2018-11-05

December 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our leadership team is committed to creating a collaborative, and trustworthy environment for all of our employees. We apologize that we did not meet your standards.

10. "Sustainability manager"

I have been working at BASF full-time

Pros

Solid, profit oriented and worldwide

Cons

Too german. Too much hierarchy

BASF2017-08-21