BIBO Global Opportunity Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3.2
BIBO Global Opportunity CEO Keita Sudo
Keita Sudo
Pros
Cons
  • "Low salary, unrealistic student marks(in 96 reviews)

• "Cancellation penalties are also painful(in 77 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity part-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the biggest pros BIBO has is the schedule. You work on your own schedule if you are passionate about your job, you are on time and make the students happy. You will be booked. You have students from different countries and they are friendly.

Cons

You receive your salary monthly.

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-11-08
  2. "Part-time job with amazing flexibility!"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Dhaka

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible hours -Minimum Academic qualification -Good pay with bonuses -Very responsive team support

Cons

-Penalty costs can be a little high

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-11-06
  3. "Continuously Improving, Fairest company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davao

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible hours; No QUOTA to reach - Incentives are given - Decent Salary - Approachable and responsive Teacher Support - Students are kind and polite - On time salary I've been working for this company for 4 years and counting. Been loving working for them! They are very fair to both of their students and tutors.

Cons

No companies are perfect, so Bibo is not an exception. Here are few cons: - No HMO's - No career advancement programs or trainings - Need to file your own taxes - No SSS, Pag-ibig, or Philhealth benefits

Advice to Management

- Please provide training programs for your teachers. - Please help teachers on filing their taxes (even if it's not free -- please provide as options to help us filing our taxes and avoid the hassle of going to BIR every quarter)

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-28
  4. "More incentives needed to encourage tutors"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown

I worked at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- training was great - the support system was quite efficient

Cons

- no wage increases - mechanical application of penalties.

Advice to Management

Be much more considerate of tutors, especially those working full-time.

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-29
  5. "Tutor"

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time

Pros

You can choose your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.

Cons

There is little salary increase. If a student writes any negative thing about your lesson you may get penalized.

Advice to Management

Please offer opportunities for tutors to get a salary increase.

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-11

"Worse online school i've worked for."

I worked at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, student choose you

Cons

They pay basically nothing! $1.4, one of my students told me that they raise the cost.... after further investigation, they were raising prices for years however your pay stays the same. It's the same pay for the past 4 years! There is a possible for your cancellation fee per lesson to be more than the class rate (up to $1.8) that alone I think is crazy. Management takes the student's side when there is a complain... and never ever remove bias reviews by students.

Advice to Management

DO BETTER! Do better because you can do better!

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-11-08
  7. "Online English Teachet"

Former Employee - Online English Teacher

I worked at BIBO Global Opportunity part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good booking, free schedule, no minimum hours

Cons

Low salary, unrealistic student marks

Advice to Management

Make salaries bigger

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-03
  8. "waiting for my first payment . do they just send it to paypal or do i have to do anythingfor the payment to be ok?"

Current Employee - Home-based Online English Teacher in Tirana

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours can create your own clientele

Cons

low payments , but it usually depends how many lessons you do per day , after working for almost a month I have created my own clientele (people who come regularely to me for lessons) and even though people say they pay you too little , still if you're a teenager maybe it would be a good way to start something new and sharpening your skills

Advice to Management

more accurate ways to help teachers website need to be more helpful for their teachers!

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-15

"Treated me like a piece of shite"

Former Employee - Online English Teacher in New Delhi

I worked at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible hours and nice students

Cons

I worked full time here for 3 years and had excellent students and ratings but one time in April I apologised to a regular student for cancelling the class as I didnt press the ready button in time and then I got the sack for breaching terms and conditions as I shared company policy with student. disgusting company, awful support by rude vile Serbians

Advice to Management

resign

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-11-04
  10. "Very flexible schedule BUT ratings are really unfair"

Current Employee - Home-based Online English Teacher in Makati City

I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very flexible schedule. You can open your schedule even before 30 minutes of your desired time. - Penalty is not so high compared to other companies. And you can dispute it provided you can give a valid proof. - Technical support is very fast in responding to issues and inquiries. - Schedule is not strict, plot anytime you want. If the schedule is unbooked, you can close it if you like. You don't have any boss... or supervisor that will force you to submit your schedule on time. - Technical support is open to suggestions. But yet the decision is up to the management. - Mostly the students are Japanese. And some Japanese students are really kind. - Has incentives. - Easy materials.

Cons

- RATINGS system is really unfair. Some students will give you low ratings even if it is not your fault. It really affects your booking rate. Even if you did try your best, you cannot please everyone. So if you have low ratings, student will less likely choose you. So it means you have to exert a lot of effort to work your way up to increase your ratings. Then put more time in waiting for the students to choose... your class. Because even if you did open your available schedule, if you have low ratings, they are not 100 percent guaranteed to be booked. - There are too many tutors. Because of that, some tutors are experiencing low booking rate. And that is why ratings also matters. Because majority of the students choose teachers that have high ratings. - Some students are really demanding, and sometimes they demand things that are above your pay grade. - Low salary and there's no chance for it to increase anymore. They increase fees to students but never increase teacher's salary even just for a bit.

Advice to Management

I hope that things will be fairer especially the ratings system and salary. I also hope that the management will improve their unfair system. Because teachers are working so hard, and they should be treated fairly.

BIBO Global Opportunity2019-10-13