BS Social Care Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

2.7
  1. "Recruitment.."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Liverpool, England

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, every day is different which keeps it interesting! Good team and good SMT.

Cons

Basic maternity package which is a worry!

Advice to Management

Look at perks that aren't just bonus and pay related.

BS Social Care2019-05-08

July 12, 2019Operations Director, Brook Street

Thank you for your comments - we really value your feedback. Our people are very important to us and we always want to make sure our employees feel recognised and rewarded for the work they deliver, so I will certainly take your comments on board.

2. "Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in London, England

I worked at BS Social Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Near to my home location

Cons

Unprofessional Director who played games with people to get what he wanted. Was I’ll equppied to do his job, had a lazy work ethic, dropped you if you didn’t agree with him and had many different personalities depending who he was talking to. Thankfully I hear has now left “to spend time with family”.

Advice to Management

Advice to Directors, carry out a fairer promotion system. Don’t just promote people according to who your BMs, ROMs and yourselves like, promote on ability and reputation at grass root level. Just because someone makes your life easier and they say yes to you that is not a good enough reason to promote someone.

BS Social Care2019-04-28

July 12, 2019Operations Director, Brook Street

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I would welcome the opportunity to gather more details from you so that we might investigate. I can be contacted via contactus@brookstreet.co.uk. Many thanks.

3. "Hammersmith branch - a total joke"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

It’s no exaggeration when I say none. Such a negative experience.

Cons

Staff at Hammersmith were unorganised and used inappropriate language between each other in front of me and other agency workers, but the worst thing about this branch is trying to register with them. I’m a DBS checked, long standing worker in the social care industry with years of experience and qualifications. I wanted to work for BS social care while looking for a permanent role, but registering with them was a nightmare...

Advice to Management

Hire people who want to do their job properly.

BS Social Care2018-10-14

December 17, 2018Operations Director, BS Social Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a disappointing experience. BS Social Care prides itself on the experience and commitment we offer to our candidates. If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to email ...

4. "Shocking!"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

Rewarding job, great clients, good experience

Cons

Never enough hours, they allow you to go days, even weeks without work, poor communication, lack of understanding, total disregard for workers, always seems to be new staff in the office.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you can't deliver, be a little more understanding when it comes to your worker's needs and be a bit more sensitive to the issues that were caused by yourselves in the first place, try returning calls and messages once in a while.

BS Social Care2018-08-23

October 11, 2018Operations Director, BS Social Care

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you feel disappointed after working with us. I would welcome the opportunity to investigate your issues further. If you would too, then please get in touch with me via contact.us@brookstreet.co.uk. Regards

5. "could be better"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

great benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

rigid structure, no room for innovation, actively dismiss wider skill sets if its not your role, progression based on who you know not what you actually achieve, low basic salaries

Advice to Management

be a little more inclusive and reward more effectively

BS Social Care2018-05-24

October 11, 2018Operations Director, BS Social Care

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I'm conscious that your experience of working for us is mixed and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further if you wish, on contact.us@brookstreet.co.uk. Regards

6. "Overall fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Temporaries Consultant

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues. They actually care about you and how your day is going. They want to train and develop you and I couldn't rate it more

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Carry on as you are! I love working for you

BS Social Care2017-07-27
  7. "Pros and cons"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Liverpool, England

I have been working at BS Social Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Create some amazing friendships with the people you get sent to, the staff are amazing and treat you like family not just as a worker.

Cons

Sometimes the pay isn't always right, I've been underpaid a few times now

Advice to Management

To listen to the staff who do the work by getting sent to the places requiring agencies

BS Social Care2017-07-09

"Unprofessional at the wood green branch"

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

Nothing much apart to say they overwork you and pay you less.

Cons

-the Manager is so unprofessional and a nightmare to work with - treats staff with no respect - no carer progression - doesn't know how to do business and is horrible to candidates (many have made complaints against this manager) - treats the work place like a school play ground

Advice to Management

- this particular manager needs to be sacked as she has no sense of professionalism and lies a lot. Has no respect for her staff and makes out that she's top dog but we all know what a cheat and kniviving person she actually is. Advi e be aware before joining this branch

BS Social Care2017-08-11
  9. "Very considerate company to work for."

Current Employee - Temporary Support Staff in Bath, England

I have been working at BS Social Care part-time

Pros

Lots of hours available Lots of choice in shifts available, totally flexible lots of different areas of Health care and social care to work in Let me remain in one particular home over time, enabling me to establish relationships with service users. Very accommodating to the fact I don't have a car and allow me to work very locally Great rate of holiday pay accrued as you work Always remain loyal to my hours of...

Cons

The way in which you are called sometimes can be frustrating, I would prefer to book shifts online or via an app, but that is just my preference.

BS Social Care2017-03-22

"Unprofessional at the Clapham branch"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Clapham, London, England

I worked at BS Social Care for less than a year

Pros

high job offers for workers

Cons

Lack of communication High staff turnover Not professional when dealing with workers Unsafe jobs

Advice to Management

The advisers need to be aware of their communication style/approach. Also, simply responding to emails and accurately informing workers of what the role truly entails would help to ensure workers are safe.

BS Social Care2017-02-24