Bancroft Behavior Support Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bancroft Behavior Support Associate Reviews

Updated 3 Jan 2017

1.0
Bancroft CEO Toni Pergolin (no image)
Toni Pergolin

"Dream job gone wrong"

Former Employee - Behavior Support Associate in Haddonfield, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, entry level experience, negotiable pay, networking opportunities

Cons

Turnover, lack of support, zero communication, refusal to give direct support the tools that they need to succeed, supervisors never on site, accrued PTO, needed to call in sick before 8pm the night before or face disciplinary action, use of PTO required 30 days notice, no one bothered to perform an exit interview when I gave my two weeks notice which makes me question the company's care of their extremely high... turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Direct support needs to be overseen and given updated behavior plans to implement. Supervisors were seldom seen and frustrations between direct support staff and higher ups caused high rates of turnover. No cross training, no organization or communication. Respect and support those who are on the front lines because without them, Bancroft wouldn't exist.

Bancroft2017-01-03

Bancroft Response

February 3, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. Staff training and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. If you would like to share any additional information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hr@bancroft.org.

"Behavioral Support Associate"

Former Employee - Behavior Support Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bancroft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience, Pay was Average, and Stable Hours

Cons

Unsupportive Management Didn't stand behind staff

Advice to Management

Support your staff and do whats right.

Bancroft2016-12-14

Bancroft Response

January 3, 2017Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. Staff training and support is a priority for us and we take your review seriously as we continuously improve. We have shared your feedback.

3. "Worst company to work for."

Behavior Support Associate in Haddonfield, NJ

I worked at Bancroft

Pros

It's experience for your resume. You can use your experience working with the developmentally disabled and families in future career endeavors.

Cons

I worked for Bancroft for over three years. While working for Bancroft I noticed that many of the employees that work directly with clients often went to the clinical consultant with questions. Often they were not listened to and they were redirected to talk about it later. There were certain times that I was told to talk about concerns later and that entailed talking to a supervisor after school and unfortunately... after I was already clocked out. Kronos mobile was used for work to clock in and out. However, there were several times I took work phone calls and read/responded to emails when I was off the clock. For a company that proclaims to be family centered they are not very understanding when an employee needs off for an emergency. I noticed some of my co-workers were run down at times and management never seemed concerned. After the minimum wage went up new employees were hired at a higher rate than people who were there for years. However, the employees with more experience and equal education were making less and training the new hires. Recent changes entailed forcing some of the upper management to retire. I have never seen more turn-over at a company. When staff in the consultation department were hired they were given a job description and told they would be contracted to work in public schools. However, several of the staff have recently left because they are now requiring employees to work in group homes to make up hours that the school is closed for summer. When employees voiced their dismay they replied that it was a job description and not a contract, therefore, they would still be required to make up hours even though the additional assignments didn't fit their job description. Also, there is at times no chance to eat so you end up completely skipping lunch.

Advice to Management

Be a good example of ethical conduct, think more about employee rights, pay people fairly,

Bancroft2015-07-24