Bancroft Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bancroft Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 151 reviews

3.3
Bancroft CEO Toni Pergolin (no image)
Toni Pergolin

"Good Starting Point"

I have been working at Bancroft part-time

Pros

Bancroft gives you a lot of exposure in working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. It's a good way to figure out if this is the field for you. They also offer a full-ride to Rider for their ABA program if you get accepted, which is great if this does end up being the field for you.

Cons

Pay is terrible, but it's a non-profit so can't really expect anything more. A lot of incompetent people are in managerial positions, which makes things a lot more difficult and can make the work environment more stressful. Executive Leadership cares more about money than actually helping the individuals with disabilities. Adult day programs don't receive enough funding, so the individuals either digress or they... remain stagnant in their behaviors; it's rare to witness substantial progress in the adults, most of the time their behaviors get worse, or they stay the same.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your staff

Bancroft2018-07-29
  2. "My experience"

Former Employee - Program Associate in Newark, DE

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The consumers are great and they make you appreciate every aspect of life and let you know you can not take anything for granted

Cons

The bosses and higher ups do not support their employees they act like they know what goes on on a daily basis but they are clueless

Advice to Management

Be loyal to your employees

Bancroft2018-05-22
  3. "Bancroft"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Excellent service and superior care

Cons

Limited room for any advancement

Bancroft2018-05-16
  4. "Paraprofessional"

Former Employee - Para in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hours, good benefits, rewarding, friendly

Cons

Overworked, stress, low pay, injuries from student aggression, very difficult job at times

Advice to Management

Raise pay

Bancroft2018-05-30
  5. "Program Associate"

I worked at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Valuable work experience(s), tuition reimbursement for full time employees

Cons

Low wages, little to no opportunities for raises

Bancroft2018-05-22
  6. "Former Senior Program Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Program Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

•Decent pay •Feeling you make a difference •Tuition Reimbursement (they honestly want their employees to further their education) That is literally it.

Cons

Where do I begin?! I was with Bancroft for 3 years and some of the things I saw there scarred me; but that’s a story for another day. First, they’ve gone completely lax with their hiring. When I was hired it was a multi-step process and it was clear that they were hiring quality individuals. Group homes were fully staffed to the point where “scheduling coordinators” were not needed. The decline happened when they... cut managers in half and program managers had two group homes to run as opposed to one. It was clear managers were overextended and more work fell on program associates (specifically seniors). As time went on, all the good staff either left due to burn out (like myself) or were fired due to lateness or being under investigation. Another big issue is personal life overlap. Everyone becomes very close working in this type of setting and it often results in personal lives becoming intertwined with work. Management is no exception. The nepotism is REAL in this company.

Advice to Management

Protect your staff- I saw so many people fired due to investigations that were set into motion based of fpettiness as opposed to actual wrongdoing. Stop lying about scheduling- be respectful of program associates time. Many have families, other jobs, school, etc. it is not fair to allow scheduling coordinators to half do their job and allow everyone else to suffer. Strengthen your fraternization policy-please refer... to ‘cons’ section. Some of the things that have happened on the clock....yikes.

Bancroft2018-05-17
  7. "Could be worse"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Overtime, PTO, Schedule , Persons Served

Cons

Behaviors , management is unsupportive most of the time

Bancroft2018-05-23
  8. "Great organization"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organization with an inspiring mission and dedicated staff who truly care about the people they serve. Supportive environment and management. Strong emphasis on professional development and career advancement.

Cons

The nature of the work is incredibly challenging and can be exhausting. It’s a nonprofit so pay is OK - basically what you’d expect to make at a social service organization - but not great. You really have to love what you do.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the staff who work one-on-one with the people we serve.

Bancroft2018-03-16
  9. "Senior Associate"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Decent pay, make up what you lack in overtime (24hrs /wk max)

Cons

New scheduling system operates on "points" and does not take into consideration real life events. Managers got lazy and didn't want to do their jobs handling time-cards and disciplinary actions. So now you can lose your job for a misplaced ID receiving 4 points a day even if you show up to your shift on time and complete you job exceptionally.

Bancroft2018-03-22

"Wouldn't Recommend"

Former Employee - Program Associate in Brick, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn a lot about challenges of those living with developmental disabilities and brain injuries and if you're a compassionate person, you will love working with these populations.

Cons

The rehab is pseudo-therapeutic, and seems to be a huge rip off to medicaid, the individuals served are mostly miserable, the training is inconvenient as it's generally only offered in Cherry Hill and you will quickly learn that none of the locations operate the way the company is presented in your new hire orientation. Your co-workers will consist of a lot of ignorant individuals with poor work ethic and a lot of... young college grads. The management is ineffective, useless, and lazy. As a direct support worker, you spend more time cleaning the individuals apartments and working to keep the company in compliance with their accreditors than working to improve the quality of life of those served. The turnover rate is so high that the place is persistently short-staffed. The pay is horrendous and promotions are based off of nepotism.

Advice to Management

Invest in a talent acquisition and training department to make the hiring process more selective and reduce the turnover rates by hiring higher quality employees. Use the money you save from the lower turn over rates to increase the salaries of the employees. Train the management better or hire people with healthcare management degrees, invest in talented lower level employees so the company has opportunities for... professional development. Maybe hire an I/O consultant...? I don't know, the place needs a lot of work to say the least.

Bancroft2018-03-20