Bancroft Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bancroft Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 151 reviews

3.3
Bancroft CEO Toni Pergolin (no image)
Toni Pergolin

"A cult of personality"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bancroft

Pros

Pay is better than previous job. Some flexibility in work schedule. It is a wonderful mission. Who knows what would happen to all of these challenged people if Bancroft did not exist!

Cons

The leadership team has some really toxic people on it. The CMO is a nasty, insecure woman who tears everyone down and refuses to be helpful. No one does anything about her despite complaints to HR. Another VP throws temper tantrums at events and acts like a child.

Advice to Management

Don’t surround yourself with “yes” people who tell you what you want to hear but are actually terrible to work with and not very talented either.

Bancroft2018-02-26

March 6, 2018Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear your dedication to our mission and the individuals we serve! We are committed to creating a supportive and collaborative environment for all our employees so I’m disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We take the concerns of our employees very seriously and have a long track record of working directly with staff who raise issues, so they can be investigated and addressed appropriately. If you are willing to share any specific feedback, please email hrsupport@bancroft.org.

2. "Talent Acquisition Partner"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great organization consisting of caring, dedicated, hard working and passionate employees who live by our mission every day Great team environment Employee input/suggestions make a difference Strong HR collaboration Bancroft is committed to furthering your education & career development - tuition reimbursement & loan repayment programs Ongoing performance discussions

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind; Bancroft is a great organization to work for - they've become a 2nd family to me

Bancroft2018-01-19
  3. "Senior Program Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Program Associate in Medford, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros are that the company gives many opportunities to move forward in the company.

Cons

The company need managers that are better train to better train their staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to give their staff opportunities to speak up.

Bancroft2018-01-17
  4. "Difficult Work but Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - ABA Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Professional Development Opportunities - funds to attend regional and international conferences, tuition reimbursement program, fully funded master's program through Rider university, plenty of promotions are typically available for behavior analysts and those looking to get into the field, student loan repayment, BCBA supervision, conducting single subject research, access to working with top clinicians in the... field -Unparalleled clinical experience - the Lindens program is an intensive residential program for the assessment and treatment of severe problem behavior. It is the only program of it's kind in New Jersey and there are only a handful of others throughout the rest of the country. Thus, it provides invaluable experience for those interested in the assessment and treatment of severe problem behavior On a personal note, I started working at Bancroft 5 years ago with only a bachelor's degree. In the past five years, I have received 4 promotions, have paid off my student loans, received a master's degree in applied psychology (concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis) for free, and was accepted into a top doctoral program for Behavior Analysis for next year (at the University of Nebraska's Munroe-Meyer Institute). For those looking to get into the field of behavior analysis, Bancroft is unparalleled for professional development and can really set you up for success as long as you take advantage of their benefits programs and you are willing to work hard to excel in the field.

Cons

-The work his hard, but that is to be expected since you are working with individuals who engage in severe problem behavior -The salary is not great, but that is expected when working for a non-profit and the low pay is offset if employees take advantage of other benefits (a fully funded master's program [$12,000/year] , tuition reimbursement, and/or student loan repayment [$5,000/year]) -Understaffed - there may... be expectations to cover for other people and work extra due to having insufficient support staff

Bancroft2018-01-15

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! We appreciate your review and have shared your feedback. If you have any additional experiences and feedback you would like to share, please email hr@bancroft.org.

5. "ABA Specialist"

Current Employee - ABA Therapist

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to get my masters for FREE in applied behavior analysis, and there are many career growth opportunities within Bancroft.

Cons

Retention is low, which causes inconsistency.

Advice to Management

Increase pay rate to get more staff, and to keep clinical members

Bancroft2018-01-11

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your review and your time at Bancroft!

6. "Paraprofessional"

Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Haddonfield, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working with wonderful students and caring staff

Cons

Not having a break but do get paid for lunch with students

Advice to Management

Appreciate us a little more as our job is very important

Bancroft2017-12-17

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your review! We appreciate and hear your feedback. If you would like to share any more specific information about your experiences working at Bancroft, please email hr@bancroft.org.

7. "Great Organization!!"

Current Employee - Senior Program Associate in Haddonfield, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am a proud to be an employee at Bancroft. I've been working at this organization for 4 years and I have had the best experience. I love helping the people I work with and the employees are great. I've made many amazing relationships with the people I work with. There is also many growth opportunities within Bancroft and tuition reimbursement helped me with my education.

Cons

I do not have any cons within this organization

Bancroft2017-12-10

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! As an organization, we believe in helping our employees reach their potential and supporting their career development.

8. "Program Assocaite"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

College tuition and overtime offered

Cons

10 hr shifts a day

Bancroft2017-12-11

9. "Program Associate"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Can really make a difference in the lives of individuals with challenges. Lots of opportunities to grow and advance. Great tuition benefits

Cons

We'd all like to make more. Great benefits though

Advice to Management

continue to focus on improving the lives of our persons served

Bancroft2017-12-06

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

10. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Broomall, PA

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent growth opportunities and and recognition.

Cons

leadership examples needs to be practiced more by management team for staff to follow

Advice to Management

Management to maintain consistency with program visits and communication

Bancroft2017-12-06

January 22, 2018Director, Employee Services

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! We have shared your feedback as part of our efforts to continuously improve. If you have any additional experiences and feedback you would like to share, please email hr@bancroft.org.

Found 151 reviews