Bancroft "higher ups" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bancroft Employee Reviews about "higher ups"

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 151 reviews

3.3
Bancroft CEO Toni Pergolin (no image)
Toni Pergolin
Pros
  • "Making a difference in the individual life(in 15 reviews)

• "Bancroft is committed to furthering your education & career development - tuition reimbursement & loan repayment programs(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "understaffed, low pay, not appreciated and stressful(in 8 reviews)

• "Higher ups will not step in when you ask for help, they wait until something terrible happens to assist(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "higher ups"

Return to all Reviews

"Stay Far AWAY!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are zero pros here!

Cons

Every single person except the staff that actually work directly with the individuals get paid here!!! Management in most programs are a joke! They hire any and everyone and people do the minimum just to get a paycheck. Its like a high school atmosphere. The group homes are all old and filthy. Managers wait until yearly inspection time to patch things up just to pass and then the homes go right back to there... horrible conditions. I have never seen any individual actually improve, they either stay the same or get worst! Higher ups will not step in when you ask for help, they wait until something terrible happens to assist. The ABAs just photocopy old tracking sheets and want you to complete SO much unnecessary data that ends up being useless. They have a new point system which is probably the worst thing ever. If you are scheduled to work and need to call out you will gain points AND have to use your PTO. If you pick up additional shifts there are managers that will wait until 1hr before to cancel you, or even worst they will wait until you drive all the way to clock in and tell you they dont need you. Every little thing is a point! Or 2!! OR sometimes even 3!!! Honestly stay far far far away from this place. You would actually do better working fast food. You are not making a difference. You are dealing with issue after issue until they find a way to make something your fault and fire you.

Advice to Management

Pay people appropriately! Managers, directors and all the rest get decent pay checks and literally do NOTHING to help the individuals we serve. Start hiring management from within. Managers should not clock in and just sit in the office all day doing nothing. Its really a joke!

Bancroft2019-03-01
  2. "My experience"

Former Employee - Program Associate in Newark, DE

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The consumers are great and they make you appreciate every aspect of life and let you know you can not take anything for granted

Cons

The bosses and higher ups do not support their employees they act like they know what goes on on a daily basis but they are clueless

Advice to Management

Be loyal to your employees

Bancroft2018-05-22

"I've seen an organization (institution) such as Bancroft"

Former Employee - Program Associate in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your pay check. And the fact that you can work alot of OT due to their staff retention.

Cons

TERRIBLE Management, Very low pay rate, No lunch breaks, you work EVERY holiday(mandatory), They will mess up your pay check, cover ups done by mangement and higher ups(If they like you), sever back biting amongst staff and the higher ups which is spread throughout the organization not just one department, Every staff @ One Bancroft in Cherry Hill (where Toni's Pergolin's Office is located, which is very nice) work... in luxury (if you will) while the staff that actually work with the person serve barely have the basic necessities needed to properly do their jobs on a daily bases which causes behaviours with person serve, in return they struggle with staff retention. Thus the overtime is always available. $.20 cent pay increases for program associates (Yet they build a 7 MILLION dollor campus for the organization/institution.)

Advice to Management

Grow up, do your jobs, stop talking about your staff to your other staff behind their backs, stop taking advantage of your position in "power" using it for all of the wrong reasons. Smile sometimes...seriously.

Bancroft2017-11-11

Bancroft Response

November 14, 2017Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your feedback. We take the concerns of our employees very seriously and have an open door policy that encourages employees to raise issues at any time so they can be investigated and addressed. In addition, our organization is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the individuals we serve. If you are willing to share any specific feedback, please email hr@bancroft.org.

4. "Some changes necessary"

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work is rewarding and you form bonds with the persons we serve and staff. The only time I felt appreciation was from clients. It is good experience but if you ever want to make money you need to leave in order to do so. You need to fight for a 18 cent raise. Always opportunity for overtime because there is never enough staff.

Cons

Direct care is overworked and underpaid and the individuals we serve are the ones that suffer. Some staff is more willing to do most of the work while others sit and do nothing, which ultimately makes the good staff frustrated and burned out. So the good staff leaves and the ones that are left don't care but maybe that's the only way you can stay sane working here. Upper management constantly feeds you empty... promises with no results. They act like they know what direct care is like when they spend no time with persons served. They don't care about staff's safety and well being. There is a high turn over in all positions; management and higher ups are constantly changing which makes for inconsistencies. The understaffing leads to burn out, stress, and mistakes. This is especially dangerous when people with no medical background are administering medicine. Instead of looking at the reasons people are making mistakes, they are punished. The 16 hour shift is not safe for staff or persons served. Administering medication and driving around while delirious is just asking for accidents to happen. The vehicles are not properly cared for or maintained and most are not safe to drive, yet direct care staff is expected to be the ones to take care of that on top of everything else.

Advice to Management

If you treated employees with respect and actually cared about them as much as you pretended to, maybe every location wouldn't be dangerously understaffed. Make the hiring process shorter. We need new employees asap and some of the new hires don't start for months.

Bancroft2017-09-27

Bancroft Response

November 14, 2017Director, Employee Services

Thank you for your review. The health, safety and happiness of the individuals we serve is our highest priority and we take your review seriously. We have shared your feedback.

5. "High stress and no support"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Haddonfield, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It is good experience for about year- then goes downhill very quickly. It looks good on resume for future jobs.

Cons

I worked in the stabilization unit for over 5 years and there was no support from the higher ups..they sat in their offices watching the monitors then came in to complain. The children's behaviors were very intense and the crisis techniques don't work well therefore many injuries on staff occurred. They fire people unjustly - the longer you're there the quicker they are to let you go. All over campus, many staff... abuse the kids ..they know where the cameras won't see them.

Advice to Management

Respect and listen to the employees as they are the ones who get their hands dirty.

Bancroft2016-02-06

"such a joke"

Former Employee - Clinical Associate

I worked at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Good experience in terms of moving forward in my career and gaining clinical skills. Met some decent coworkers and made life long friendships.

Cons

The pay is too low for the work you have to do. The only way youll move up is if you are favored by higher ups. Performance or experience means nothing. They just use employees and look at them as disposable.

Advice to Management

Be more fair. Care about your employees.

Bancroft2015-04-05