Bancroft "persons served" Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Bancroft Employee Reviews about "persons served"

Updated 17 Aug 2019

Found 143 reviews

3.1
Toni Pergolin
Pros
Cons
  • "Overworked, stress, low pay, injuries from student aggression, very difficult job at times(in 7 reviews)

• "Higher ups will not step in when you ask for help, they wait until something terrible happens to assist(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "persons served"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Program Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Program Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the person served. Very rewarding. Flexible hours. Benefits.

Cons

Low wages, other staff members don't always pull there weight, makes your job harder. Long hours

Bancroft2018-12-29

"Great mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bancroft does great things for our persons served.

Cons

Senior management politics get in the way of progress

Advice to Management

Get it together. Employees are frustrated. Do what is right for the good of the whole, Not what is in your personal best interest. It’s business. Act that way. A good example needs to be set for those who see longevity in their career.

Bancroft2018-12-27
  3. "Could be worse"

I have been working at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Overtime, PTO, Schedule , Persons Served

Cons

Behaviors , management is unsupportive most of the time

Bancroft2018-05-23
  4. "Lindens"

I have been working at Bancroft

Pros

Working with person served daily and seeing them progress is rewarding. When we have the staff support, the shifts here are great. Overtime is available, good benefits. Most staff and program managers are a pleasure to work with. The relationships built between the person served and staff and our co-workers is what makes me love my job. If you are passionate about making a difference and creating bonds/ working with these...

Cons

Staff often feel unsafe, due to lack of support, and when staff are being mandated to work an extra 2-3 shifts/wk this leads to quick burnout. High staff turn over rate for multiple reasons. upper management not caring about staff or our person served well being. No growth within the company, low pay. Physically and mentally exhausting. Often feel like glorified babysitters.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff and this program. Walk onto the units and actually spend time getting to know person served.(Don't worry-your CA's will protect you too!) Then just maybe you will take your dedicated staff's concerns more seriously. Higher pay, and staff appreciation is necessary or else it'll continue to be a vicious cycle with the staffing crisis.

Bancroft2016-10-17
  5. "Cognitive specialist"

Current Employee - Cognitive Specialist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Helping the persons served is amazing. There will be some challenging moments, but when they are happy and thankful it makes it worth it.

Cons

The salaries here can definitely be a downside. You need to really advocate for yourself to move up.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make the necessary changes to keep Bancroft running efficiently with happy staff. Read the comments and review the 30,60,90 check ins.

Bancroft2016-09-23

Bancroft Response

December 13, 2016Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, thank you for your review and your dedication to the individuals we serve! We have shared your feedback as part of our efforts to continuously improve. If you have any additional experiences and feedback you would like to share, please email hr@bancroft.org.

6. "It's a sad place to work for"

Former Employee - Program Associate in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Bancroft

Pros

You get to spend time with persons served who doesn't have family and it can be rewarding to see how happy they get just to have someone to talk to. Also the girls at the training program when you first start are awesome. Too much they aren't who you work for or isn't really true how things run.

Cons

Management doesn't care. Day program doesn't care. It's not about the persons served, its about how Bancroft can save a dollar. During training they make it out as if Bancroft is this amazing place that helps these individuals progress when in reality it is not like that at all. They don't even get physical therapy everyday unless they are an out patient. The team doesn't work...

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews. Evenmanagement themselves talk so much trash about other employees and eachother in management. Maybe use the money persons served gets every month for them and their needs rather than hiding the money and having shady people work for the company.

Bancroft2016-07-22
  7. "Clinical associate"

I worked at Bancroft full-time

Pros

Overtime is always available and able to see person served behaviors decrease so they can reach their full potential

Cons

Inconsistencies in management; stressful environment; not paid enough for how highly stressful and dangerous the position is

Advice to Management

Have a better communication with staff; stop making abrupt changes and informing CAs of them last minute; inform CA interviews EVERYTHING they are getting into so there is not such a high turnover rate

Bancroft2016-07-19

"No longer functional"

Former Employee - Night Duty in Haddonfield, NJ

I worked at Bancroft

Pros

Persons served make work rewarding.

Cons

Issues with management trickles down to staff.

Advice to Management

Seek those with management potential or experience.

Bancroft2015-11-20

"Facility for developmentally disabled youth that works towards independence."

Current Employee - SENIOR CLINICAL ASSOCIATE in Haddonfield, NJ

I have been working at Bancroft

Pros

The progress of the persons served over time is astonishingly rewarding.

Cons

Management is not always a team player or open to concerns or new ideas.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to newer staff and show understanding and concern for any situation that staff bring to you.

Bancroft2015-03-08

"Medical biller and collector"

Former Employee - Medical Biller and Collector in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Bancroft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being part of a team of advocates for the persons served with traumatic brain injury, whether acquired or inherited. CEO Toni Pergolin is open to communications, down to earth, innovative and accessible. Values and Mission Statement are in line with my personal code of ethics and are authentically practiced.

Cons

Pay rate is below average as a non-profit; raises and promotions are rare. More training and cross-training would be helpful. High burn-out for direct program associates; might benefit from regular built-in respite for the caregivers.

Advice to Management

Offer better salaries and regular raises, including merit raises or performance bonuses. Run the organization more like a commercial, for profit business.

Bancroft2014-10-25