Bank of America Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 2 Jun 2020

3.8
Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
9,917 Ratings
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Just ok"

Former Employee - VP-Technology in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are outstanding and working for a large company is good if you're into that. You'll never meet 5% of the people there. Again, if that's your deal.

Cons

Leadership structure sucks. Team leads are jerks and upper management doesn't deal with their crazy behavior. It's all about the numbers more than how you're treated.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker/Digital Ambassador in Burien, WA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great hours, and support to move up.

Cons

Upper management cares a lot about numbers

3. "Good"

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Work life balance, benefits are good

Cons

politics, difficult upper management in india

"Great Benefits - Not So Great Culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is generally a lot of opportunity to change careers and move to other areas of the bank. Employee financial and health benefits are great. Base salary is pretty high for developers. We're allowed 2 paid hours a week to volunteer. There are a lot of employee networks and events throughout the year. Some teams give you the option to work from home once a week if needed.

Cons

In my experience upper management tends to push ideas/projects/work onto teams in my space with insane timelines, and then refuse to give additional funding or resources needed to be able to meet those timelines. It appears they care more about meeting those timelines than doing the work right the first time. Software development teams have a ton of trouble being successful because all of the bureaucracy and politics that exist. Simple access requests or work requests can take 2+ weeks. There are usually multiple teams doing duplicate work and fighting to be the 'winner.' Most teams don't want to play nice with other teams/lines of business. Demographic is 85% white male, 35+ years old.

Continue reading
  5. "Culture varies. No solidarity among company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you're lucky enough to have a good manager (which I was), you will have tremendous growth and educational opportunities. You get to establish great rapport with customers and build a book of business that you can take with you because customers are very loyal to excellent and ethical service.

Cons

The culture needs to be defined and implemented throughout the company. Politics and favoritism play a HUGE role here. If you're manager is not a good manager you can get stuck in the same position because they may not want to give up your skillset even though you're ready for your promotion. Also, there is a very large spectrum of different types of managers. Some are there all the time, some are barely there, some skip lunch, some take 2-3 hour lunches. You're the manager, not the CEO. Adhere to the standards and lead by example. I was lucky enough to work with incredible managers, however, I helped out in enough branches to be able to witness some of the disasters and realize why Bank of America gets such a terrible reputation. Lastly, upper management/executives need to do a better job of regulating what we're trained on vs what we're expected to do at the branch level. You want us to sell ethically until your bonuses are on the line. Then all of a sudden every customer needs a credit card. Ridiculous.

6. "Contractors do the same work as full time employees so stop keeping us out of the loop and treating us like garbage."

2.0
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bank of America for less than a year

Pros

Having a job to go to.

Cons

Lack of communication from upper management and full time employees about job responsibilities and role in the company. No sense of direction from the BoA managers. No training. Bad Leadership in the low to mid level. Being left out of important meetings. As a contractor here at BoA I have never felt disappointed and disrespected by the FTE. Although I also put partial blame to the staffing agency, I have never worked in a IT department where contractors are disregarded and looked down upon. I am not speaking about Bank of America as a whole, but the IT department I am assigned to has not defined to role I have within the company. I been here for almost 6 months and I have not met my manager. It's hard to request time off as well as when you need to notify that you will be late due to an appointment. My manager never replies to my emails. Working with the FTE in the GBAM IT department is hell. I am unable to get work completed because of them not responding to emails, meeting requests, and calls. It is frustrating.

Continue reading
  7. "Really good company that cares about diversity and becoming the best bank."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diversity, job fulfillment, brand loyalty, job security

Cons

Communication breakdowns, lack of room for associates growth and potential, tenured associates in middle and upper management are not held accountable for actions

8. "Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Home Services Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

It has great benefits and great pay

Cons

-Micro-Managed -No chance for upper management

"Worst work environment"

Former Employee - Associate - Private Bank in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and vacation package/ employee discounts

Cons

The work environment is extremely negative. Management and upper management only care about money. After several complaints and requests for help- nothing was done. The Sr. PCAs are rude and belittle the associates.

10. "Great Work Culture"

5.0
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Margate, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Diverse Independent goals, team oriented

Cons

Upper management never knows what is going on.

Found 492 reviews