Bazaarvoice Reviews

3.6
Bazaarvoice CEO Keith Nealon
Keith Nealon
Pros
Cons
  • "Money-driven, party culture where work/life balance is binge drinking with your team but not having actual freedom to take time off(in 14 reviews)

• "There have been a lot of changes in senior leadership(in 11 reviews)

"Enjoyable, rewarding and challenging"

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Sydney

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic company, great culture and great staff. It is a leading company in an exciting industry and you get the chance to make a good contribution to our local operation. Opportunity to work with blue-chip clients.

Cons

As a satellite office of a US company our impact on global business is minimal. However, the work environment is second to none.

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Account Director in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team & vibe. Some flexibility

Cons

Lack of local direction and growth. Unsure of local management direction

3. "Bazaarvoice Review"

4.0
    Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Sydney

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, work from home, 5 weeks annual leave, bonus, easy job

Cons

company structure is not stable, could be dismissed anytime

4. "Great company culture, internal processes messy and confusing"

4.0

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Great culture with the real prospect of growing in your career. Plenty of opportunity to move in to something different. Company wants all employees to engage and feel apart of the organization. Generous amount of annual leave. Flexible working arrangements.

Cons

Internal processes are a bit messy. Can be difficult to find the information you need.

Continue reading

"Interesting and challenging work with a great team"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience of BV is of a very friendly and welcoming team with technically astute leadership and an open, honest culture, focused on helping junior staff to grow and develop their careers, while giving senior people the opportunity to own and drive a piece of a thriving global business and product. BV occupy a strong position in their market, with recent acquisitions demonstrating the organisation's desire to continue growing - a very positive sign. Great office space and location too.

Cons

There appears to be some bad press about recent changes in personnel, but I experienced no issues and would have no trouble recommending others to BV.

6. "Loved my time at BV!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Amazing products and roadmap on top of being market leader. -Surrounded by a bunch of smart and ambitious people. -Great benefits +work life balance. -BV culture is honestly the best company culture you’ll ever experience in your lifetime. -Sales is treated like an asset- they invest in your professional growth. -Enterprise Sales & CS Management = total bad@sses! -Cross-functional teams are set up to truly support sales and the larger company goals. BV has made several re-orgs over the years and all were with purpose to continually make them better for employees and clients. -Clients LOVE BV! Makes coming to work easier when you have good relationships to manage and grow. -Achievable sales quotas, they want you to win. -BV continuing to grow and making smart acquisitions to accelerate growth towards long term vision. Overall, I highly recommend doing everything you can to get in at this magical place. I spent 7 years at BV and consider it where I grew up professionally.

Cons

None. If they have a con, they work to fix it. This is what sets them apart from their competition.

7. COVID-19

"Broad range of tech with a great team and culture"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

* Despite spending my first few months of my BV experience working remotely, I’ve got to know my team and others in Belfast. There has been great support during Covid enforced remote working. From virtual social gatherings, quizzes and random coffees it has been a great way to get to know my colleagues. There has also been understanding of the difficulties of WFH with regular checkins to see how people are getting on. * One of the reasons I joined BV was to work with a wide range of technologies and solve interesting and challenging problems. I’ve not been disappointed. * There are great engineers here that are always looking to improve the way we do things. I’m looking forward to learning more from them. * People are encouraged and given opportunities to learn and develop. * Benefits are typical of similar tech companies in Belfast. * Our new CEO is growth focused. We had our company kick off recently and I’m excited for the opportunities that are ahead of us. * The site lead is invested in the people. Chatting to others, there has been a big shift from a superstar culture to one were everyone is recognised and developed since they arrived. * Message from the CEO and CTO is that Belfast has a massive part to play in BV’s future. Bring it on 😁

Cons

Has just gone through that difficult period that all companies go through after a couple of years. A lot of change has happened but the future looks bright.

"Great culture, interesting and challenging work. Highly recommended!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

As a recent addition to the team in Belfast I would highly recommend BV as a great place to work. The work is interesting, challenging and provides lots of areas for growth and development: * Work on problems at scale on a market-leading, global platform * Work with a great team of multidisciplinary people to solve interesting technical challenges * Supportive and inclusive work environment with a focus on personal development * Flexible working arrangements * Great opportunity for career growth * Exciting outlook for the business * Increasing focus on product-centric development teams

Cons

Having been with the company for 5 months, recent changes seem to have addressed the majority of the points in other negative reviews and can honestly say I have not encountered these issues. The culture and team in the Belfast office made integrating a breeze and I would happily recommend a career with BV!

"Exciting business and technically challenging"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Exciting opportunities to work on a huge global platform * Interesting technical challenges * Great career growth * Aspiring agile culture * Management that isn't afraid to make difficult decisions * Flexible and fair working arrangements

Cons

* A number of key staff left earlier in the year, leaving gaps (these are slowly being filled) * Some of the Austin leadership is questionable * Local leadership is less transparent than it used to be, which has been a big culture change for longer-serving staff

Continue reading

"Belfast office : great culture & leadership"

Current Employee - QA Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with where you feel valued. The leadership in the Belfast office really care about creating an environment for everyone to learn & grow which is very motivating. A lot of positive changes over the last few months. Great location in Belfast.

Cons

I have experienced no cons since joining.

Found 450 reviews