Beachbody Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Beachbody Reviews

Updated 8 Oct 2019

3.3
Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler (no image)
Carl Daikeler
Pros
  • "Good freelance rates, great people to work with, free shakeology(in 19 reviews)

• "My work is meaningful and I'm truly helping people change their lives(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management claims to have a hiring freeze but brings in multiple VPs with ridiculous salaries(in 30 reviews)

• "There should be more compensation opportunities for emerald coaches(in 18 reviews)

"Confused direction"

Former Employee - Distributor

I worked at Beachbody part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Set own hours relatively positive environment Great workouts Great mission statement

Cons

Corporate has problems with business direction BEACHBODY also owns open fit- a competitor. Comp plan can breed a toxic environment Many distributors will slam each other behind their backs to benefit High turnover Overweight people trying to be fitness pros Company and distribution field uses lots of Rah rah and hype A huge amount of distributors are discount buyers. Coaches enroll anyone to hit a rank... for their own benefit Much of the network are people new to MLM . The company focuses to much on recognition, and not solid proven business acumen for distributors to actually build something sustainable coaches are taught to spam people with Hey girl messages. Sub par technology for the field

Advice to Management

Go direct...and become a direct affiliate program. It’s what you are doing anyway (success club)

Beachbody2019-10-08

"Nice Place But Uneven Business"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented people in each area

Cons

Unstable business cycles over the years

Beachbody2019-09-09

"Overall pleasant experience"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Beachbody full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed the company culture. Complementary Shakeology.

Cons

Management doesn't care about career advancement for employees,

Beachbody2019-09-17

"Peaks and peaks. Then, peaks and valleys. Then, valleys and valleys. Then, valleys."

Former Employee - [REDACTED]

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual environment. Flexible hours. Lots going on so never boring or dull. Really good comp. Employee ideas were sometimes heard, acted on and had positive impact on the business.

Cons

Was once a place with great products, culture, structure and a plan. Failed to keep up with changing technologies and consumer habits. Sometimes operated as two competing companies under a single brand. Often was a paralyzed culture (in operations, strategy, planning, execution, etc) due to too many things needing approval or needing to originate from the very top--needed more empowered C-level personnel.

Beachbody2019-08-20

"Don't judge a book by its cover"

Former Employee - Inventory Accounting Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for less than a year

Pros

The contemporary beautiful building is in a great location in Santa Monica. Snacks, shakes, coffee machine, and food truck were nice little perks. Free swag every now and then and paid dinners for working late.

Cons

I worked there nearly a year and the only time I went to lunch with my team was when it was someone's birthday. There is a huge lack of camaraderie throughout the company. It feels like everyone is on his/her own island scrambling to get their job done since they fired so many people. My manager left 2 months in and was never replaced. This caused me to spend all but two months scrambling to get my work done. I... assumed most of his roles and was denied any extra compensation. If you don't mind working in a terrible work environment and do not care about the culture, the pay is generous. You also have a chance to get promoted several times with all of the people getting let go.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing darts at a wheel of ideas to try and create new streams of revenue. E.G. Creating a mediocre overpriced protein bar when they have been around in the market for 30+ years is not a recipe for success. Good luck getting shelf space against the big boys.

Beachbody2019-08-17

"I love this place!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company Culture. Mission to Change Lives. Commitment to their Employees. Empowering their Employees. Passion. Creativity, Vision and Innovation. It's Hard Work but Teamwork.

Cons

There are none. The negative reviews are from people who weren't patient enough to realize businesses have ups and down and challenges. We're a product innovation and creativity machine, which can be too much for some people to handle. It’s not a good place if you don’t like to work. The people that thrive are the people who are passionate and hard working, actually relentless. I find it fun, exhilarating and... uplifting! There's a reason we've been around 20 years, from the CEO down, we believe and never quit.

Beachbody2019-08-04
  7. "Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at Beachbody part-time for less than a year

Pros

Make your own hours Be your own boss

Cons

Nothing really that is negative

Beachbody2019-08-11

"great place to work!"

Former Employee - Editor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO really cares about his employees, and this trickles down to the managers. I loved working here!

Cons

I have no complaints about Beachbody.

Beachbody2019-08-07

"Overtaken my market"

Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good mission / good target market

Cons

Unstable business model / unreliable performance

Advice to Management

Need for change at the executive leadership level. They're holding the company back and you're losing ground as a result

Beachbody2019-08-09

"Decent Company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Beachbody full-time

Pros

Fun work environment. Good Perks.

Cons

Slow upward mobility. Stingy promotions.

Beachbody2019-08-12