Blackbridge Capital Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2018

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

5.0
Blackbridge Capital Managing Partner Alexander Dillon (no image)
Alexander Dillon
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Origination Intern

Jan 16, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office promotes a really strong environment that encourages hard work

Cons

--- --- --- --- ---

2. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing Experience

Jun 6, 2017 - Internship in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience interning at Blackbridge Capital was nothing but purely positive. Being an intern at Blackbridge provided me with a learning experience I otherwise would not have gotten interning anywhere else. Everyone in the office was more than helpful and extremely knowledgeable. The upper level management instilled work ethic that trickled down the ladder welcoming new ideas to be generated everyday.

Cons

I did not experience anything negative

3. 5.0
    Current Intern

Summer Internship

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Blackbridge has exceeded my expectations for my summer internship. From the very beginning, they integrated me and the other summer interns to the team beginning with a full team meeting and by giving us substantial work to do as opposed to busywork that one might find at another internship. Blackbridge has evidently aimed to foster a sense of community and excellent work environment by having lunch together when possible and planning team-building events such as a Yankees game for all employees, paid for by the company. All-in-all, my experience at Blackbridge so far has been a positive one that I would highly encourage others to pursue as well.

Cons

I have had no problems so far during my time at Blackbridge.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Workplace Environment

Mar 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent leadership, great training, and awesome work space.

Cons

Still in early stages of growth, but growing at an exceptional rate.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jan 9, 2017 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent compensation, earning potential is huge.

Cons

none at the time, all pros

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Summer Intern

Dec 11, 2016 - Sales and Origination Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Great Working Environment 2) Good Work Life Balance 3) Multiple opportunities for networking and building relationships 4) Intelligent and fun people

Cons

1) Small firm with limited resources 2) Do not use outside money 3) Restricted growth prospects within the firm 4) Low pay compared to other hedge funds

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Very impressive merger arbitrage growth funds - fantastic place to learn

Nov 14, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership at the top of the firm; CIO and MD's know the industry VERY well - excellent team dynamics - you will ALWAYS learn something new - compensation is competitive to top bulge brackets on the street

Cons

- Office may need more physical space

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic culture and great learning environment

Nov 6, 2014 - Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had the pleasure of interning at Blackbridge Capital, and it was a truly a great experience. The office environment is conducive to maximizing the potential of the company’s employees. From a learning perspective, everybody at the office was incredibly helpful and more than willing to help teach me about their individual functions and the industry. Management continually encourages new perspectives and ideas as Blackbridge seeks to create new methods for success.

Cons

My experience was purely positive.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Very well-structed fund to start at, with exponential growth.

Nov 4, 2014 - TopExperience in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been studying finance for around a year now, however Blackbridge offered me a exceptionally valuable education that is not necesarily taught in a traditional college setting. I received first hand experience on private equity, financial modeling, distressed debt, venture capital and other beneficial skills that will carry me to another level. In addition, the work environment although strictly professional and demanding was very friendly, given that I was still at a learning level.

Cons

Given that Blackbridge is at an early but very profitable level, the work ethic is very demanding but very manageable if you are willing to learn from the best.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience, productive and empowering environment.

Nov 3, 2014 - Senior Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency, pay structure, company values, empowering environment, synergies between employees. The atmosphere is very relaxed but competitive, the Partners make sure to provide employees with every resource possible to facilitate each employees success.

Cons

Start up environment so if you are not self driven you well easily be left behind.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews