Blink Fitness Reviews

Updated 29 Jun 2020

3.3
Blink Fitness President  Todd Magazine
Todd Magazine
Pros
  • "Great environment with the members and staff and a free gym membership(in 14 reviews)

• "Clean gyms, free membership, not much else to be honest(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay no room flr advancement(in 14 reviews)

• "The pay could definitely be better, especially for Front desk associates(in 11 reviews)

1. "Front Desk Associate for Blink Fitness"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

easily bring up scores for the gym by doing simple cleaning easy job nice members and staff for the most part clean gym and locker rooms

Cons

members do not like to pay to cancel even though it is in their contracts some staff do absolutely nothing so it is hard if you have to do everything yourself

Continue reading
  2. "Easiest position ever"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time

Pros

You meet alot of great people working at the front desk. I honestly feel like gym goers are the easiest people to get along with because everyone has one thing in mind - fitness!

Cons

Low pay - this job is great for someone in high school or college.

3. COVID-19

"Still there because of our Members"

Current Employee - Assistant Club Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Blink Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

*Paid In Full Blue Membership

Cons

*Health Insurance costs an arm and a leg.

Continue reading
  4. "Great environment and nice benefits"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

- gym access - friendly environment - clean space - straight forward easy job

Cons

- closing process can get hectic without a good team - no commission pay for membership sales nor accessories

5. "Easiest Job"

Former Employee - Front Desk

I worked at Blink Fitness part-time

Pros

Easy Job Fun environment Easy interview with fun staff at the locations ive worked you can also work at any blink

Cons

Minimum Wage management goes crazy when corp comes in

"OK.."

4.0
    Current Employee - Consulting Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Blink Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people. Convenient. Good vibes. Very flexible. Lots of freedom(managers are barely there)

Cons

Can’t do overtime. Hate their everybody cleans philosophy. Sometimes I feel I clean more than maintenance. COMPANY SUPPORTS TRUMP

Continue reading
  7. "A good place to work and self develop."

I have been working at Blink Fitness

Pros

Easy to learn and master.

Cons

Everyone cleans and average pay.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean gyms, free membership, not much else to be honest.

Cons

Toxic work culture, lots of politics & favoritism. High turnover in upper management resulting in lack of direction and strategy. No work life balance. Every body is not happy.

9. "Great"

I have been working at Blink Fitness

Pros

It’s a great way to network as well as a good way to learn how to speak to people.

Cons

Just like any other job of course occasionally there are the unbearable members but such is life

"Beware!"

I worked at Blink Fitness full-time

Pros

Learning experience, meeting cool people

Cons

Working here was like being in a manipulative, mentally abusive relationship. They sell you a dream and make you feel like you're going to be set for success. Things seem great at first until you're a few months in. That's when the true colors start to show. They say they want to hear you, that they welcome ideas, and want you to feel comfortable speaking your mind. It is a LIE. It's basically the "if I want your opinion, I'll give it to you" mindset. There is also no work/life balance. They expect you to stay late, work on days off, and reply to emails regardless of where you are. You could be in the hospital and they still expect you to reply to an email. They will throw you under the bus to make themselves look good, yell at you, and make you feel like you're not enough. They expect you to go above and beyond just for it to go unnoticed and unappreciated. They also expect you to conform to their talkative, dictator-like, culturally clueless, sexist, frat boy attitudes. They love talking over people and hearing themselves talk even if it doesn't make sense. If you are a minority--especially a person of color--do not work here! There is a huge difference in the way minorities are treated in the office. With that plus the leaders behaving more like dictators, it's no wonder that their "passive investor" is a Trump supporter. Of course, not everyone is like this. But a majority of the higher-ups are, and they refuse to take any accountability for their actions. That being said, if you love to conform, talk over people, have a big ego, and have a frat boy mindset, then this is the place for you. If you want a place where you can learn, grow, and be surrounded by people you can actually trust, then this is not the place for you. It took a lot of time for me to realize that; so I'm warning you now. The rest is up to you.

Blink Fitness Response

February 10, 2020Office & Events Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Blink Fitness strives to create a working environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, inclusivity, and fairness for all employees. We take these comments very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to further address the issues you expressed regarding discrimination and work-life balance. Please contact HR directly at hr@blinkfitness.com to further discuss.

Found 153 reviews