Bodybuilding.com Warehouse Associate Reviews

1 Rating

"Good luck"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Bodybuilding.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Need a job for a month or two while you play on your phone and have a easy check come in. Go for it they don't care and they gonna fire you after you're 90 days like they did everyone else.

Cons

Toxic work environment more drama than there is work being done. Managers are extremely incompetent and have no respect for there employees.

"See the back button in the top left corner? Back out, don't apply."

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in New Berlin, WI

I worked at Bodybuilding.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free shelf, Coworkers are incredible. Honestly speaking, the negativity is what brings laughter around this place. The biggest joke going around is "Am I getting fired yet?' The morale is extremely low so to have people you can connect with is really what makes it tolerable. The receptionist is awesome. Super nice, greets you into your day every morning. She always plans the work luncheons. (She always makes great choices for the food!) Although, "budget" has been low and luncheons just don't exist anymore.

Cons

If I could rate the company lower then one star, I would. But I cannot. Favoritism, Lack of proper management, Management abuses their roles, Company's nonexistent"budget" to give raises/promotions, Constant revolving door of poor work ethic temps, No work/life balance, No advancement anymore, Should I keep going? Have I concerned you yet? No? Alright, Let's keep going. My FAVORITE part of the job is the constant "downsizing" of management, and the best reasoning behind it. "It's not in the budget." But that's what all the employees hear when trying to get the rightful raise they deserve. You see, Quite a bit of the hard working employees are stuck taking on responsibilities that they shouldn't have to, unless they were promoted with the DESERVED raise. I can tell you I am a few grand in the hole with the raise I should of received a long time ago. The whole two people of management we have just keep running in circles, not really doing anything to better the company/warehouse. Don't care enough as long as the daily orders go out. We had "leads", which one walked out the door recently because higher management literally pushed her, and upset her daily till it was uncomfortable for her to work there any longer. If you are a hired on full timer, Best believe if you don't work hard... You are screwing the actual people that do. Management will tell you they know the person not working hard is being watched and they are documenting it. But then while they are "documenting" it, they will continue you to expect you to pick up the slack. I mean how much documenting do you need before they finally do something about it? Too much I tell you. I seen someone being "documented for months before they were FINALLY let go. The company wants to talk about saving money, but keeps people around doing 1/4 of the hourly/daily goals. To be clear, most of the employees do not work at the rate they should. Again, who cares how the work gets done, if it gets done right? Wrong. You should expect certain employees to bust booty while others go to the bathroom 80x times during the day, sits on their phones, etc. The revolving door of temps is my favorite too. We have so many temps going in and out of the door. Poor employees training them are pretty much wasting time. Most temps don't make it through the first day. Is this Bbcom's way of trying to save money? Feel like it's not the smartest way to go around it. Wouldn't hiring people that apply for the job, and know what to expect be a better idea? Management doesn't even give most temps a chance to learn the job. This last month, almost all temps that came in the door, if they didn't stop showing up, they were let go there first week with the company. Proper time use is a good one too, Black Friday is coming up, and the company feels having 2-3 people daily making "goodie bags" for orders. Tons of hours wasted because the amount we are making is going to be gone in a day or two. It's a waste of time and company money. " We need you to help leadership be successful." Said by someone in higher management. In other words it doesn't matter, they don't care if ground level employees move up. They NEED YOU to bust your butt to make sure LEADERSHIP is successful. Management will go back on rules/regulations to do what they need to, to make sure everything gets done. They don't care how it's done, but it needs to be. Order wise. The job description for some management positions have completely changed. The supervisor used to run the desk, and leads either ran the front, or picked and made sure all was well. Now the leads get to run the desk. Current management is letting the "lowest" part of managment take on way more responsibilities, relieving stress off the management that should be taking care of those things. Management is full of double standards. Management enjoys to stand around and talk to the people in the building they favorite fore 20 to 30 minutes at a time, but if you are caught even asking a question to someone they know you are friends/relationship with, you best watch out. Management gets When the leads are running the desk, I've seen with my own eyes, doing more then one job. The poor guys are running the desk, doing numbers every hour on the hour, Running over to do pallets, Picking WHILE running the desk, Even scanning while running the desk, to assure everything will be done. While management hides in their offices with no idea what's actually going on, on the floor. Most of the time they don't even get out of there desks, 100x a day on the radio you hear, "________, Can you come to my office." VS. SEEING WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. You almost never see management hoping on the floor to help on a busy day, instead they ask why so and so isn't hitting goal, telling leads you need to do your rounds and "talks". Why don't they do that since leads are running the desk, and doing far more things at once? Don't expect to have a life outside of work, This job is highly exhausting, working 8-7pm, and expect to work late almost every day. When the Birthday Sale, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday come around expect to work 7-7 days 6 days a week. On normal weeks, if there is a sale that really hit and outbound falls behind, they will give you VERY short notice on mandatory overtime. It's just a game of never knowing when you'll be forced into extra hours. So don't really expect to be able to make plans. Another big con is who they choose to promote. They choose the wrong people, then act blind to the fact that it probably wasn't the right choice. But promotions don't exist, management team is getting smaller and smaller. They promote quite a bit of people who don't deserve the promotions, they play favorites here, once again. They will hand a promotion to someone, but if someone else wanted to apply they tell them "They need to apply, and have the interview process." If you've gotten this far, I'm impressed. But I also hope I've scared you away from this place. I'm only being honest since the company won't be. Favoritism - One employee that deserves a promotion could ask about a position and be told to apply for it and have to interview for it, but then a week later the position would be filled with no posting or interviews. (But don't be fooled this is from at least a year ago, when PROMOTIONS were a thing, Now they eliminate positions and have you do the work without compensation.) If your a favorite you get to run around and do random jobs without worrying about your actual job, while the others are drowning in the abundance of the work load. Then get MVP for it. While other months will get eliminated because two hard working employees "tied" during the voting. Lastly, management has said, "If you aren't happy with the job and how it's ran, Leave." I just don't suggest talking to your employees because if people finally up and leave, especially your core strong-willed employees that stuck it through this far leave, the warehouse is doomed. From the revolving door of temps, to the crappy working fulltimers, to the not managing management, The place would go downhill fast. The work place is only as great as the company treats even their lowest employees, and Bodybuilding.... you are failing. One more thing, They are not hiring on full timers anymore, only through temp agencies, I know I said this, Previously but most temps are fired within their first weeks. So if you are checking this out because your placed here from a temp agency. Be warned.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews