Bond Brand Loyalty Reviews

Updated 22 May 2020

3.1
Bond Brand Loyalty CEO Bob Macdonald
Bob Macdonald
Pros
  • "Great environment, great people, great work(in 15 reviews)

• "Great culture & benefits (the culture truly cannot be replicated and is in the heart of everything we do)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can some time be a challenge(in 18 reviews)

• "Extremely long days with no work life balance are NOT counteracted by parties or events(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1) Working with incredibly smart and caring people - while we work hard, we have a lot of fun along the way 2) Great opportunities to collaborate, problem solve and create innovative solutions for clients 3) Environment supports continuous learning - if you love learning and stretching yourself, there are many opportunities for that

Cons

Working in professional services, there are times where you have to commit to longer hours depending on the engagement/project. While exciting, this is not for everyone.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-05-22
  2. "Fantastic Culture and Bright Future"

Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bond cares about its clients', employees and the well being of their employees families, especially during the times of COVID. Bond was one of the first organizations to declare full work from home almost a week in advance of others. Allowing employees to not have to stress about their own personal health and safety when things were very uncertain with their children and the economy. That says a lot about the type of organization this is. Several cultural elements like Cocktail chats, videos and recognition have continued to keep people connected. I hope you don't believe the negative reviews. To me, it appears there is someone who is on the attack trying to get back at their previous employer and based on their reviews, it probably goes without saying that toxic individuals will not last here.

Cons

There are some people who are hierarchical and let that get in their own way, overall that's not the culture but specifically what they're trying to break down.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-04-23

"Truly care about their people"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of a kind culture - Bond is really doing a lot to keep people engaged virtually, through Zoom meetings, weekly all employee Coffee/Cocktail Chats, Spirit initiatives like Zoom BINGO, Caregiving initiatives that support our local communities and Wellness Wednesday's with initiatives that remind people of the importance of keeping active during this working from home situation as well as mental health support for people and their families. Annual Bond Choice Awards – recognizing peers and leaders. All contributing to being recognized as a 2020 Best Workplaces Canada. Leaders care and do the right things for their people - balance business decisions with empathy and compassion for its people. Exciting and challenging work, amazing clients, innovative thought leadership.

Cons

The pace of agency life can be tricky to manage but when you get the hang of it, hang on tight and enjoy the ride.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-04-19
  4. "Great"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

Love them so much so professional

Cons

Far Away from my home

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-03-12

April 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are opening a new downtown location soon!

"Growth pains"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

- Interesting projects and variety of clients. - Big ambitions. - Great people. - Great culture, very open and inclusive, a poster of gender equality. - Chance to do amazing job and be proud of it. - Compensation is good, benefits are above average.

Cons

- Too much politics, favoritism, biased approaches; few wrong people are placed in key roles and killing morale. - Decisions made for personal gain lead to loss of good people. - Struggle to convert vision into actionable goals and stay the course. - Desiring to change but can't commit; growth is attempted by scaling the approaches which did not work and keep failing. - No career development, no training. - "Endless vacation" policy is spoiled by guilt trips from managers.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-03-18

April 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your positive feedback about our people and clients. We are very happy you feel proud of your work! We would like to address the challenges you are facing at Bond. We are constantly working hard on improving the employee experience by making all our process transparent and breaking down silos. In the past year over 20% of our full time employees were promoted from within. There are the number of development and training opportunities that offered by Bond: Udemy courses, Grassroot sessions, Lunch and Learns, job shadowing, smartLEADER training and many more. We encourage you to speak to your manager or if you feel more comfortable reaching out to your People and Values business partner to address any of your concerns.

6. "Great Company - work hard, play hard, it's worth it"

4.0

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

great opportunities for those who want them, authentic leadership, great clients, complex and interesting projects and programs. a great place to learn if you're willing to work hard.

Cons

sometimes it's hard to get things done. we do a lot of different things, and we can make it complicated sometimes.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-03-12

April 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for a great feedback! We are very proud of work we do for our clients and you are right! We do have so many complex and interesting projects that give lot of opportunities to our people to learn and grow. We are working hard on streamlining the processes and making it easy for everyone to deliver the projects.

"Learn to hear your from employees and this is not for experienced professionals"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

Free Parking Cafeteria Benefits (for permanent full time) Work from home options

Cons

Listen. These cons are all the truth and it is actually how it operates. To management, the only way you can fix what is happening is first admit the truth. You cannot get honest feedback by asking employees with their directors/managers around. That last attempt to get feedback from employees (done by HR with their mangers around) is really a disaster and nothing ever happens after that. Outdated technology Siloed mentality across departments Micro managers and directors who think they are the best in class in managing people Due credit don't go to the workers who do tons of work for them No transparency and clear expectations on how someone gets promoted and climb this corporate ladder Systematic discrimination is everywhere but they do not think it exists because they do not experience it themselves Likeability score has to be maintained which created a culture of YES among employees that the management loves Company values more these LEADERS, promotions are everywhere at this time for them , where in other employees are getting fired and laid off They work more towards what is the best for company without looking much about the mental health of employees Stalin like management, do what I say because I say so and this is how I think is the best for the team I will assign this to you because you are better with this, to the point that you get the same projects that you question your ability They are taking advantage of new immigrants, managers hiring them for less money that they deserved, however when they gain experience in this country, they realised that it is time to move on to a company that will appreciate them more Appreciation is for sales directors who bring in the money and satisfied all clients need to the point that their direct reports go under so much stress because they do not manager client expectations well They always say that employee experience matters but this is the last in their list . Their main objective is to keep these awesome sales directors who brings the bread and butter of this company

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-04-10

April 29, 2020

Hello, It’s Bob and I wanted to take a moment to respond personally to your review. It’s disappointing that this has been your experience during your time at Bond. It is certainly not my intention, nor the intention of the Leadership team of this company for anyone to have an experience like you’ve described. Having great people (with vast and diverse backgrounds) doing great work for our clients is our business, is our priority. We are tremendously proud that many of those have been our partners for a number of years. In addition, we are exceptionally proud to have been recognized as 23rd on the 2020 Best Workplaces in Canada which is voted on anonymously by our employees with 96% participation. We have many things we are striving to improve upon and always will. I wish you all the best in the next phase of your career. Sincerely, Bob Macdonald, CEO

"Fair compensation"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Variety of clients, work environment

Cons

political, not good for over 4 years

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-03-17

April 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your feedback. Bond prides itself on the variety of amazing clients we get to work with as well as our vibrant culture and work environment. We are constantly working hard on improving the employee experience by making all our process transparent and breaking down silos.

"Please don't work here for your own good"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location in Mississauga. That's it

Cons

Toxic culture to that point that you'd feel as though you can't breathe there. Believe every negative review. Tried to reach out to higher management and HR (with proof) to complain about the most incompetent and abusive manager but faced the wrath. They fire people left and right and favoritism is the reality there. Doesn't matter if you do the best work, your manager would come in last minute and would take all the credit ( they have to save their jobs somehow). You'd be left with criticism for something like you were 10 secs late to a meeting 10 months back. They are that petty. It actually happened. You are expected to work every weekend. If you don't, good luck. Your manager can call at 10 pm and ask for a deliverable first thing in the morning. My vacation request for Aug 2019 was approved in feb 2020. You see the joke here :D Avg tenure is less than 2 years. Get your hint. When an employee finally finds another opportunity outside and leaves, he/she feels so relieved and thankful to god once again.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-04-07

April 29, 2020

Hello, this is Bob and wanted to take a moment to reply to your review. The average tenure of our employees is 5.7 years as of today, even with welcoming 115 new roles to our organization to support our significant growth over the past year. What I can tell you is that the leadership of this company is intensely proud of the inclusive, smart, dedicated people who contribute to the success with each other and our clients. The current health of our business and economic crisis has brought out the best of leadership and I can assure you that the health and well being of our people is at the center of every decision we have made. It sounds from your submission that you are still at Bond. If that’s true, I would strongly recommend that you speak to someone- your leader, People & Values or come to me directly on how to address your issues or find somewhere you can thrive. Assuming that all positive reviews are planted is the same as assuming negative reviews are a real reflection of the company. Sincerely, Bob Macdonald CEO

10. "Great Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people and culture. Good location.

Cons

Work life balance can some time be a challenge.

Bond Brand Loyalty2020-02-28

March 2, 2020Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your feedback!

Found 130 reviews