Bond Brand Loyalty Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 11 of over 217 reviews

3.6
Bond Brand Loyalty CEO Bob Macdonald
Bob Macdonald
Pros
  • "Great culture, Great people, work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "Great culture & benefits (the culture truly cannot be replicated and is in the heart of everything we do)(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can some time be a challenge(in 20 reviews)

• "Bond cares about it’s employees but clients always come first(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and lots of opportunity for growth.

Jan 24, 2021 - Project Leader in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, lots of opportunities for growth, open communication, ability to make an impact. The environment is friendly, welcoming and inclusive. Lots of collaboration and opportunities to work on meaningful client projects.

Cons

There are too many meetings in the company

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start working in Canada

Jan 16, 2021 - Digital Project Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, Great people, work life balance

Cons

No defined standard for promotion

3. 2.0

Growth pains

Mar 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting projects and variety of clients. - Big ambitions. - Great people. - Great culture, very open and inclusive, a poster of gender equality. - Chance to do amazing job and be proud of it. - Compensation is good, benefits are above average.

Cons

- Too much politics, favoritism, biased approaches; few wrong people are placed in key roles and killing morale. - Decisions made for personal gain lead to loss of good people. - Struggle to convert vision into actionable goals and stay the course. - Desiring to change but can't commit; growth is attempted by scaling the approaches which did not work and keep failing. - No career development, no training. - "Endless vacation" policy is spoiled by guilt trips from managers.

13 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your positive feedback about our people and clients. We are very happy you feel proud of your work! We would like to address the challenges you are facing at Bond. We are constantly working hard on improving the employee experience by making all our process transparent and breaking down silos. In the past year over 20% of our full time employees were promoted from within. There are the number of development and training opportunities that offered by Bond: Udemy courses, Grassroot sessions, Lunch and Learns, job shadowing, smartLEADER training and many more. We encourage you to speak to your manager or if you feel more comfortable reaching out to your People and Values business partner to address any of your concerns.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Digital Project Manager

Jan 4, 2019 - Digital Project Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Agile, innovative, interesting projects, great culture, great team members, great leadership from CEO (Coffee Chats with Bob) and management, great benefits, understanding of family life

Cons

Rapid growth and trying to catch up and lack of resources at times

1 person found this review helpful

Bond Brand Loyalty Response

Hi and thanks for this feedback! At a recent All Employee Meeting we spoke of the opportunities we need to continually take to share more across teams, and so I completely appreciate your advice. I'm excited to continue to evolve this practice across our teams to ensure we are constantly sharing ideas, best practices and achievements even more, together. Thanks again, your VP of People & Values.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work with brilliant minds and gain a lot of experience, yet...

Sep 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant people on every team. Great clients & projects to work on. Lots of opportunities to learn and increase your knowledge. Great culture, Fun Events, Philanthropists. Fitness centre on site with personal trainer.

Cons

Lots of politics get in the way, resulting in not enough opportunities for career path growth for hardworking passionate individuals who don't play politics. Often the values are overlooked; especially when many complaints about certain team members repeatedly not sharing the company's values are being expressed with no action to follow. Salaries can be improved to match industry standards.

People & Values Team

Thank you for taking the time to write this. You’re right about the brilliant people! We are very lucky to have so many great employees that work here and make a difference for our clients. We’re glad that you enjoy all of the events that Our Social Bond organizes. Our committee’s across the organization are very passionate and dedicated to ensuring we connect and bond together through fun events, giving back to the community while also focusing on health and wellness. Our values are a core part of who we are and we’re sorry you felt like we’ve overlooked this. We continue to focus on embedding our values in all decisions we make and appreciate your feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Truly great place to work

Dec 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture & benefits (the culture truly cannot be replicated and is in the heart of everything we do) An organization that promotes performance based recognition (yes we work hard.. we're an extremely high output (high energy :) ) organization) Ambitious, engaging and rewarding agency culture (work hard, play hard) Places significant emphasis on people

Cons

Work life balance (not saying it's a negative necessarily but more so those who truly thrive in and embrace the culture likely have a different definition of work life balance :) ) Too many meetings (best intentions and I have confidence that we're continuing to work through best/most effective way to work/deliver while balancing optimal productivity and efficient communication)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Innovative company and super fun place to work

Aug 24, 2015 - Market Research in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fun team and company events Good advancement opportunities Flexible work hours including work for home ability Company always doing something new in marketing, always something to learn Great gym and crossfit classes

Cons

Like any agency with project work you sometimes may have to work out of 9-5 hours but this is always appreciated and recognized by management

People & Values Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You are correct- an agency environment is not always 9-5. There are times when we are “all hands on deck” because we are committed to delivering with excellence for our clients. At Bond we work hard and play even harder. To offset extra hours, we provide our employees with personal floater days, a generous vacation policy, and an on-site subsidized cafeteria. Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate it.

8. 2.0

Not good for long term

Feb 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is good for short term for a full time employee. Great culture.

Cons

If you're working as Developer you'll never get promoted to team lead as there is no team lead position. All developer report to Manager who is always a non technical person that result into a development style of developer's own choice. So rule is "Get the job done doesn't matter how". Developers doesn't get any recognition at all doesn't matter how good are you. Your performance will be reviewed yearly but there will not be further steps to get you to achieve your goal.

8 people found this review helpful

People & Values Team

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you enjoy the great culture here. We're sorry to hear about your experience regarding recognition. Employee recognition is very important to us and some of the multiple ways we recognize and celebrate this is through Just Wow! and our annual awards. We are continuing to focus on ensuring everyone is recognized for the great work they are doing. We value your feedback.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Account Coordinator

Sep 14, 2017 - Account Coordinator in Mississauga Valley, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture! Fantastic team. Flexibility.

Cons

In my position, no work-life balance. Resources are not appropriately allocated.

People & Values Team

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are proud of our culture and the talented team we have here at Bond. We strive to create balance for our people by providing flexibility. While there are some occasional late nights it's not the norm and work-life balance is important to us.

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Feb 28, 2017 - Account Coordinator in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fun events, smart people to work with, high involvement from senior management team.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Bond!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews