Bond Brand Loyalty Employee Reviews about "no work life"

Updated Aug 19, 2020

Found 9 of over 217 reviews

3.5
Bond Brand Loyalty CEO Bob Macdonald
Bob Macdonald
Pros
  • "Great culture, Great people, work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "Great culture & benefits (the culture truly cannot be replicated and is in the heart of everything we do)(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can some time be a challenge(in 20 reviews)

• "Bond cares about it’s employees but clients always come first(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "no work life"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Not a place to Bond or to find Loyalty

Aug 19, 2020 - Senior Analyst Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health Care package is better than most places

Cons

Too much politics, no work-life balance, favoritism

10 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee

Awful leadership and terrible working environment

Mar 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing as such except on premise gym

Cons

Terrible environment, High degree of racism, No work life balance, Lack of growth or skill development opportunities, employees are expected to pay for food and drinks at “so-called” sponsored parties

12 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are an equal opportunity organization and we are highly diverse. Employees with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination at Bond are strongly encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their manager or People and Values business partner. We strive to provide a great employee experience and are constantly looking at how we can improve it. We recently launched our new onboarding toolkit for new employees and managers. Training and development opportunities are also available via Udemy courses, job shadowing and grassroots sessions.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Management does not care !!!

Jun 5, 2019 - Project Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, friendly CEO, nice office

Cons

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE No on-boarding

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Bond Brand Loyalty Response

Hi there - I think for anyone joining who expects a rigid 9-5 daily routine, it won't happen here -as you can read in other reviews Bond is a place where we work hard, but take the time (and often!) to play hard too. We're passionate about doing great work but definitely take many opportunities to celebrate each other and our amazing successes. Onboarding is currently experiencing an exciting evolution to ensure we always support our people to do their best work with the support they need - we will continue to grow and evolve this offering over time. Thanks for your feedback. VP, People & Values

4. 2.0

Highs and Lows are TOO high and TOO low

May 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to start your career and learn what working at an agency is like - work hard and play harder. Lots of opportunities to get involved in a wide-range of projects. Fantastic people - smart, caring, energetic, and collaborative.

Cons

The problem is the highs are complemented by lows that are not easy to bounce back from. - Extremely long days with no work life balance are NOT counteracted by parties or events - Bringing this/problems to the attention of your manager (regardless of your team) gets you a "we will look into this and try and help you manage your workload" - you never get followed up with unless you threaten to leave - Promotions: LOL. Raises: EVEN FUNNIER! You do not get taken seriously until you threaten to leave. Performance doesn't dictate whether or not you deserve a raise or promotion. Who you know dictates that. There used to be performance plans with goal setting in place, but they got rid of that a few years ago and begun the "manager's discretion policy" - disgruntled managers who cannot get raises/promotions themselves will not fight for employees. - Too many extremely smart people leave as soon as they get past the smoke and mirrors - an indication that the company does not treat them how they deserve to be treated

15 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

willing to sell your soul for a subpar salary?

Apr 30, 2018 - Account Executive in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

some cool people prime location parties subsidized caf

Cons

long, excess work hours no work-life balance lots expected of you in a little amount of time - you WILL be stretched extremely thin people walk all over you NO overtime and you will likely be expected to work outside your regular "9-5" being on call but they don't provide a cell phone so you need to use your own travel back and forth between events, and customers - expect to use your own car stressful, sleepless nights when working on big projects

6 people found this review helpful

Bond Brand Loyalty Response

Hi there. We’re very sorry that your experience at Bond hasn’t lived up to what was promised. Given that we are a client-based business, sometimes we do need to work outside of our regular hours so that we can continue to deliver great work on time. We recently implemented flexible vacation which allows people to take what time they need to rest, rejuvenate and come back to work productive. We recommend speaking with your manager on how you can find the right balance for you. We thank you for taking the time to write a review.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Account Coordinator

Sep 14, 2017 - Account Coordinator in Mississauga Valley, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture! Fantastic team. Flexibility.

Cons

In my position, no work-life balance. Resources are not appropriately allocated.

2 people found this review helpful

People & Values Team

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are proud of our culture and the talented team we have here at Bond. We strive to create balance for our people by providing flexibility. While there are some occasional late nights it's not the norm and work-life balance is important to us.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place. No raises.. ever!

May 6, 2018 - Project Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of parties and free booze. Fun people. Work hard party hard culture.

Cons

Long hours. No work life balance. No raises in last few years. Can't keep up with cost of living. Work from home frowned upon.

9 people found this review helpful

Bond Brand Loyalty Response

Hi there. Thanks for your comments on our culture and events, our volunteers work hard to put on events that allow us to Bond outside of the office. What makes our culture so great is the human to human interaction, hallway conversations and the buzz that creates in the building. We fully support flexible work arrangements, which include working remotely at times based on individuals needs. We’ll never be a place where we have a “work from home policy”, its just not our style. I would encourage you to come speak to a member of our People & Values team for support on how you can find more balance.

8. 3.0

fun place to work

Apr 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

great fun great people gym on site great culture good location

Cons

no work life balance no encouragement to grow not all had open door policy some people were not welcoming hard to get answers sometimes

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Account executive

Feb 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's like managing your own business here.

Cons

No work life balance Managers are not properly trained or set up for success

1 person found this review helpful

People & Values Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. You’re right, it’s an entrepreneurial environment at Bond which makes it great for learning. We’re not always a 9-5 environment, but work life balance is important to us so we would encourage you to work with your manager on finding a balance that works for you. We appreciate your advice and are focusing on developing our leaders.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews