BrightTALK Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated 2 Jul 2019

4.0
BrightTALK CEO & Co-Founder Paul Heald (no image)
Paul Heald
Pros
  • "BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven(in 5 reviews)

• "Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "entry level(in 3 reviews)

• "During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great place to be successful"

5.0
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in New York, NY

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven. You don't have to wait for the job above yours to open up to move forward, new roles get created so that successful people can be promoted into new responsibilities. The company is very committed to having a positive culture and workplace and it's reflected in the people you work with every day.

Cons

People who want to coast in their jobs should look elsewhere.

"Account Executive - San Francisco"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great individuals in middle management but slowly being poisoned from the top. - Great place to figure out what to do next and work a 8-5 job sitting under fluorescent lights.

Cons

I can’t begin to describe how sad of a workplace environment this is. All I can say is don’t take an opportunity here. It’s stagnant and an extremely depressing place to work. There are too many good opportunities in SF, don’t let them fool you. There are many that hsbe worked here for 4-5+ years but don’t be fooled they’re waiting for their promotion they should have received years ago.

BrightTALK Response

Vice President, People Operations

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience at BrightTALK but appreciate the feedback. If you’d like to discuss things in more detail, please contact us directly at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com. Best of luck in your career.

"Great coworkers and valuable experience but awful ego-driven management and culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are intelligent, ambitious and enthusiastic - Great place to develop interpersonal and professional skills - Young, fun atmosphere

Cons

- Employee turnover is incredibly high - Various teams are working on similar, misaligned projects - The company constantly attempts to re-org and re-align - Extreme focus on revenue impedes quality of work - Ego-driven culture from the top down - things are taken personally and people hold grudges - Favoritism creates an air of unhealthy competition - Sarcastic / bitter tones are tolerated (from managers and colleagues alike) - Team leads / managers don't have much experience managing and get advice from the wrong people - Low compensation with minimal perks

Continue reading

"A great place for young professionals to grow"

I worked at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

BrightTALK is a great place for ambitious young professionals who are eager to learn and grow. You're given tremendous opportunities early in your career, allowing you to make great connections and earn triumphs. If you exert yourself and produce great work, you'll be rewarded with new opportunities and growth in your career. The company is still small enough that you can make personal connections with senior members of the company and learn a great deal from each of them.

Cons

BrightTALK is a growing organization, so there are many changes that take place. If you are not malleable and cannot adapt to change, this is probably not the best place for you.

Continue reading
  5. "A great place to grow"

Current Employee - Community Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

As a young 20 something just starting my career, BrightTALK was a great place to get in there, start doing work and building skills and figure out more about what I wanted out of life. I got a lot of responsibility and was tasked with building trust internally as well as with clients and myself as I built skills. For an entry-level position, BrightTALK has a lot to offer if you're willing to take it and put the time in.

Cons

The tech team is a little behind the times, which can make the BrightTALK product fade in comparison to other products out there on the market, especially in the San Francisco location. The culture is very much sales oriented, as opposed to engineering or marketing oriented - it can be hard to get approval for budget to do things like go to conferences or take courses to grow personally. The pay and the benefits package seem to be standard or slightly below standard considering peers in the area. No ping pong tables. This job role is great for entry level, but after that it's hard to figure out where it moves and how to advance considering the skill sets you're using in it.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews