BrightTALK Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 15 Feb 2018

4.0
BrightTALK CEO & Co-Founder Paul Heald (no image)
Paul Heald
Pros
  • "BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven(in 5 reviews)

• "Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "entry level(in 3 reviews)

• "During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great place to start your career, then move on"

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are ambitious, resourceful and willing to take initiative, you will find many opportunities to take ownership and shine at BrightTALK, even as a relatively junior hire. You will be able to shape your role and try out different things until you find what fits. If you prove yourself and leadership likes you (especially the CEO), you will have many opportunities to advance. There's a clear favoritism aspect but generally hardworking and thoughtful employees are seen favorably. Promotions and raises are very closely tied to performance and internal reputation, which is a good learning experience for a junior. The best testament to the fact that BT is an excellent launch-pad is that quite a few former employees move on to tier one companies and do very well. The work environment is decent, no special perks per se, but normal hours and flexibility to take a long lunch, go to the gym, maintain a work-life balance, whatever that means to you.

Cons

In my experience the negatives were very team-dependent. There were some very high-quality people among the original management team, whom I respected and learned from, but they were few and you had to be lucky to report to or work with them. During my time the company struggled to hire good new senior leaders and went through multiple cycles of hiring-and-firing of destructive managers. I think one of the problems was lack of diversity, the entire management team represented one demographic when I worked there. Middle management and new hires were a lot more diverse but the change was striking at the top. A lot of really good people didn't stick around past 1.5-2 years because of avg/lower-than-avg salaries, internal politics and the mentioned destructive leaders.

BrightTALK Response

Vice President, People Operations

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are implementing several initiatives that address competitive compensation, training and career advancement, and talent retention. If you’d like to discuss this further, then please feel free to contact us directly at peoplefeedback@brighttalk.com. Best of luck in your future aspirations.

2. "Stable company, good team, SF culture - This is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BrightTALK has the following: Good salary, opportunities to learn and get promoted, good work environment, smart people, experienced senior level leadership, managers that respect loyalty, snacks (if you care), finances are well managed, and a results based environment. I can't imagine this place being the first company I worked at right out of college. It would have spoiled me. I've worked in several employment settings and can't remember feeling as excited to work anywhere else. BrightTALK is fun and the people here push you to improve. The product is the best in the category and it is really fun to sell something like that. Management will work with employees to help them succeed in their roles (almost to a fault) and prefers to promote from within. If you are open to working hard and understand that you need to develop a skill set before being promoted to a more lucrative role then this is a place you should check out, patience pays off.

Cons

Some of the challenges: office can be pretty noisy, working with others that are not open to a quickly changing/evolving environment, no one is going to hold your hand, no standardized on-boarding process, underperformers can be distracting, communication with the UK team can be challenging The cons here are actually pretty minimal. You are going to have to work hard and learn a ton to be good at this job. Depending on your level of experience there will also be a steep learning curve. In certain cases you might have to build your own pitch decks or follow up collateral (this has improved but is not all the way there.)

Continue reading

3. "Exciting work environment and growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

-Dynamic Team:  Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment -Responsibility:  Team members are encouraged to expand their roles at their own pace   -Transparency:  Executives and team leads give monthly and quarterly progress updates to keep employees aligned with the same goals -Collaborative Culture:  Open culture and floor plan make it easy to collaborate with everyone, including C-suite, VPs, and Directors -Unique Product:  Platform addresses needs of modern marketers and creates a community for the exchange of professional knowledge -Meaningful Mission:  Keeps professionals around the world informed with thought leadership that helps them do their jobs better

Cons

-Overseas Communication:  Offices in London, New York, and San Francisco create a global presence; however, communication and collaboration between offices could be more efficient.

Continue reading
  4. "BrightTALK has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to learn, innovate and thrive in a fast-paced technology sector."

4.0
     in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK

Pros

- Collaborative work environment - Constant innovation due to the evolving nature of sector and product - Transparent business model where all employees are informed of the company direction - Open office lends to better communication between teams - Talented, qualified and driven team members

Cons

Very little too complain about. A stocked fridge and pantry make dieting tough and the clear view of the Embarcadero can make for long Friday afternoons!

Continue reading
  5. "BrightTALK is an excellent place for people who want to grow professionally and contribute to the company's success"

in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK

Pros

Many opportunities to learn and interact with management. Great work environment, innovative products. High expectation of contributing to company success

Cons

Not enough resources. Products innovate often so sometimes hard to keep up. Requires flexibility as change is a constant.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews