Brooksource Reviews

Updated 4 Aug 2020

4.6
Brooksource CEO Ryan Hasbrook (no image)
Ryan Hasbrook
Pros
Cons
  • "Staffing industry is challenging(in 30 reviews)

• "Industry (can have its ups and downs, need to be resilient otherwise you will for sure burn out)(in 25 reviews)

1. "Amazing Culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive

I worked at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brooksource is a great culture and truly a family. Support is there from all levels of management. I will always respect the executive team and the 3 division presidents- it's rare that you get the chance to have an actual relationship with executive management where they support you, even the bottom tier. Brooksource is great about spreading culture across offices, with travel visits and multiple trips to corporate for various trainings, where you feel included in the family. It was an amazing first job full of training and development that helped me grow.

Cons

The staffing industry can be tough. The industry is why most people leave Brooksource, or wanting to go in a different direction/different job function, not the company or management.

Continue reading
  2. "Decent Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Brooksource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good personalities and people to work with.

Cons

Really have to be dedicated to the work to be successful, a grind

3. "Industry Is Brutal"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Brooksource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance. Chance to make money if you get LUCKY.

Cons

Hard work does not pay off. Saw people work 10x harder than the people making the most $ in the office and they were making barely anything more than base salary(which is brutal). It's not about hard work, its about luck. You can call everyone on earth, but if they aren't looking for a new job you can't convince them. Just a terrible industry IMO due to the fact that it's all pressuring people to quit jobs for contract to hire which often does not leave them with a permanent role. Head hunter reputation is totally warranted.

"Great culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

culture, grit, room for growth

Cons

not much flexibility with work life balance. low starting salaries.. but lots of room to grow

June 24, 2020Customer Service

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience along with some honest feedback! We are always looking for opportunities to grow and improve.

5. "Are you willing to work hard?"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As it is with any sales/recruiting job, it takes time to establish yourself in this career. Relationships are so important, and again those take time to build. If you are in it for the long haul and have good morals you can do very well here. Leadership wants to see you succeed, if you are willing to put the work in you will receive the support necessary to be successful. Base salary is low, now hear me out... This is very motivating to do well so you can get commissions and grow financially. A lot of sales roles don't even have a base salary, so I view this as a positive. Great people to work with. They encourage innovation and creativity in both the recruiter and Account Executive roles.

Cons

If you are not self motivated, coachable, and willing to learn, you will probably not find success in this role and will dislike it.

June 24, 2020Customer Service

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive note along with some honest feedback.

6. "Excellent Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for less than a year

Pros

What an experience Brooksource has been! I chose Brooksource for two main reasons. The first reason is that during the interview process I felt like “Alex,” not a number. Brooksource has treated me like family from the get-go. Coming fresh out of college I had no idea what it meant to be apart of a work family. From the morning coffee talks, to the 1 on 1 feedback sessions, to the happy hours after work, it quickly became evident to me that everyone cares about you as an individual, not just how you produce at work. The second reason is the personal and professional growth. I have been put out of my comfort zone on a daily basis since day one. From leading stand-up meetings, to being asked to provide feedback on something important, to role plays, Brooksource will push you to become great. I could not be more satisfied with my decision to work for Brooksource. If you are looking for a company that cares about you, offers you unlimited growth opportunities, and embodies a strong family-like culture then Brooksource is the place for you!

Cons

None that I can think of!

June 24, 2020Customer Service

We are so happy to hear about your experience with Eight Eleven Group. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

"Will Never Work Anywhere Else!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is amazing! The company preaches culture and it is really true. Very easy to make friends in and out of the office. Everyone is very smart, sharp, hard working, etc. Very impressive group of people as well as leaders! Lifelong place to build a career. Very different than other staffing companies!

Cons

Honestly couldn't think of any. If you are hard working and have a good attitude, you will be successful!

June 16, 2020Customer Service

We are so happy to hear about your amazing experience with the Eight Eleven Group! Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us. Company culture is everything to us and we’re glad you’re having a great experience. We truly value your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a note!

"Great people, poor benifits"

4.0
    Current Employee - Android Developer in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff at Brooksource are fantastic and will go out of their way to support you and give you all the resources you need to be great.

Cons

Low salary for entry level position

June 16, 2020Customer Service

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Eight Eleven Group along with some honest feedback!

"Not the worst first job, but you can do a lot better"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive

I worked at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Large start classes and party atmosphere made it an easy transition from college -I worked at Brooksource for about a year and a half and was promoted twice in that time (Technical Recruiter to Senior Recruiter, Senior Recruiter to Account Executive). This looks impressive on a resume/

Cons

-Terrible work life balance. Expect to work from 730am- 6pm (at least), and work on your PTO days. This does not count the mandated social events which often can go well past midnight, during the work week. - The lowest base pay in the industry. It is particularly egregious when taking into consideration the grueling hours demanded of you. They tell you the base pay is offset by "unlimited commission" but that only serves those at the top. I know plenty of folks who had to borrow money from parents / significant others, pick up a second job, or rely entirely on credit cards just to get by. -Office politics are horrible. Favoritism runs rampant and there is no attempt made to hide it. -No real career development opportunities past Account Exec. They will sell you on unlimited growth but that is not the case. -Lack of professionalism: misogynistic "boys club" culture. Many jokes made about female colleagues weight, appearance, etc. CEO makes new hire females feel uncomfortable at social events. Sexual harassment in the office goes unmonitored. -Terrible clique culture. Drink the kool aid or get out. Whole office parties where one or two employees are left out. -Corporate is not willing to invest in a solid back office support team. Terrible payroll structure, legal is led by someone with no real legal experience. HR is comprised of two (maybe) people.

June 18, 2020Customer Service

Hello! We want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review with your honest feedback. We are constantly evolving as a company and looking for feedback to help us make positive changes. We would like to invite you to contact us at success@eightelevengroup.com so that we can discuss this experience in detail and ultimately determine how we, as a company, can improve for our current and future employees. Thank you!

10. "Brooksource Interview"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Work-life balance and a supportive team!

Cons

Staffing industry is challenging

Found 281 reviews