Bumble Reviews

Updated 8 Jun 2021

4.6
Bumble Founder and CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd
Whitney Wolfe Herd
Pros
  • "Incredible benefits from Gym, to medicine, free food, & perks(in 28 reviews)

• "Perks (Amazing health and dental insurance, 5mins massages everyday, catered breakfast and lunch)(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I wanted to be so wrong about working for a Russian company and be open minded(in 15 reviews)

• "There is not a single woman in a C-level position in Badoo (there's been improvement at lower levels however)(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great engineering, design and product teams

9 Mar 2021 - Frontend Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent engineering, design and product teams. Very friendly and technically proficient people.

Cons

For frontend (javascript/web), less company direction than other disciplines. Not chaos or particularly bad though, just that it is clearly less of a focus than native apps.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Campus Director at Bumble

23 Sep 2019 - Campus Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working as a director for Bumble allows lots of creativity. It's fun, provides a great network, and great merch.

Cons

The tasks are often monotonous and sometimes annoying to do.

People and Culture Team

Hi Ambassador Bee! We are so grateful for your work as a campus director, leading our program in your community. We always try to provide a range of monthly tasks, including hosting events, and executing on various brand and guerrilla marketing efforts to support our wider marketing campaigns. Thank you for your efforts spreading our mission <3

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Employees are well rewarded, creating tech-for-good

24 May 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you need something, you'll get it - hardware, software, support, time. Pay and bonus is comfortable, with bonuses being paid according to evidence, not politics Everyone is really switched on, and even though teams may have different cultures and backgrounds, everyone is helpful, and grown-up when disagreements arise The board don't pay lip-service to looking after staff and being ethical - they live it from the CEO down. I have never felt so much empathy from the C-level people in a company of this size. Communication from up-top is also frequent and very open. You can ask any question and they'll put in a lot of effort to answer it faithfully. Holiday went from so-so 24-days to 24 days + a 5-day company shutdown in June, which was appreciated

Cons

Some of the tech was re-invented in-house, but this is being replaced where appropriate with standardised stuff

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Mostly positive experience

9 Apr 2021 - Senior QA Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great package - competitive salary - competitive bonuses - successful IPO - you can make the difference if you want. It is possible to change things. But.. You need to talk to people - great engineering team - a new laptop, phone, etc. - probably you would be able to work remotely (in the same country!) when COVID is defeated - nice and qualified IT guys - HR does their best - three engineering offices; you can't relocate but you feel the vibes - you can move between teams! Like QA => Developer, Developer => Project Manager, QA => Project Manager, etc

Cons

- a lot of in-house solutions. Many of them great, some ugly, some terribly bad - we don't have vision - a new internal structure broke a lot of connections between team members - HR does their best but they should listen, too - it's incredibly hard to grow after certain level because of flat structure

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback and congrats on your tenure! All feedback is welcomed and we love to learn about the experience of our teams. It's great that you feel empowered to make a difference and feel like you're part of a great engineering team - we agree! We appreciate there have been some growing pains following a transitional phase and we are working hard to resolve them.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

4 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible perks, so many freebies & activities, great culture & true dedication to a great mission from all employees

Cons

Few opportunities for career progression & promotion, commitment to improving diversity doesn't seem to have filtered down to middle management yet.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to growth

4 Jun 2021 - Senior PHP Developer (Fullstack)) in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was surprised with how many technical challenges can be in a "simple" dating application, and it's a great opportunity to growth

Cons

It's a bit difficult to follow the career path because of very high standards

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow

2 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Great colleagues Challenging A LOT to learn

Cons

It's moving soo fast that it's hard to keep up with all the changes. I listed challenging as a pro but it can also be seen as a con. Standards are extremely high and I'd say most of employees are stressed or even in the verge of burnout.

8. 2.0

Good benefits, bad vibes

25 Mar 2021 - Community Experience Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits: free healthcare, monthly mental health stipend, free pedicures in office 2x monthly (pre-covid), etc, free lunch Mon-Thurs (pre-covid), etc. CX team management was super friendly, inclusive, and transparent.

Cons

Company culture is extremely cliquey, especially marketing teams. This company prides itself on being an inclusive and empowering place for women, but that didn't feel true all around. Much of the time, it felt like a clubhouse for wealthy white women with privileged school & work backgrounds. As a WOC, I didn't feel very accepted in the wider company culture. CX team doesn't have this energy though! Although, I enjoyed the people on the CX team. I often felt we were overworked and underpaid. The hours suck!!!! I felt like the lowest of the low because all the other teams were set-up for quick promotions and large paychecks. Whereas, the CX team is kind of stuck. This isn't the management's fault but a fault of the c-suite's lack of intentionality. At the end of the day, work is work. However, I wish there was more transparency regarding the fact that CX workers don't have much of a trajectory at this company besides responding to rude men all day. After a while, the benefits just weren't worth it.

9 people found this review helpful

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us. Hearing that your experience at Bumble was negative is hard but is necessary for us to take a step back and look at the ways we can improve. Our company has gone through a period of rapid growth over the last year and many teams, including CX, have experienced a lot of positive change. Additionally, we have been focused on finding ways to better serve our global teams. This includes investing in the professional growth of all our team members through an education stipend, hiring CX agents globally to reduce and eventually eliminate evening shift requirements in the US and heightening our investment in diversity, equity, and inclusion as a whole. Sara Feulner, Interim Chief People Officer

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent place to work

1 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything, especially work-life balance and flexibility.

Cons

Nothing to be mentioned here

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work

5 May 2021 - Android Engineer in Barcelona
      Business Outlook

Pros

- First class engineering team. - You’ll find colleagues that are always available to help you and support you grow in your professional career. - The equity and respect for each other is a real concern here and we all feel equals. - PERKS are very interesting. In general, I feel that we are really well taken care of.

Cons

I haven't found any ;)

Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for your positive feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 240 Reviews