Bupa Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 18 Aug 2020

3.4
Bupa Group CEO Evelyn Bourke
Evelyn Bourke
Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, fake corporate face on digital agency based software development practices, far from modern ways of working(in 25 reviews)

• "Flexible working restrictions have a negative impact of work life Balance(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Comfortable but frustratingly slow"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Senior Consumjer Research and Insights Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Bupa for more than a year

Pros

Secure business model since legislation strongly supports Bupa's core Health Insurance cash cow business unit. Well positioned to develop innovative services in the healthcare industry. Friendly, diverse and sociable work environment Excellent modern and progressive open plan hot-desk office environment (trial only at the time) Career progression opportunities (permanent employees only)

Cons

Very 'relationship' based culture that favours style over substance. Overreliance on external consultants rather than real internal skills. Typical large corporate environment - shallow competitive relationships requiring constant attention to how you're appearing to those above you. Some narcissists and sycophants. Some abdominal behaviour but also some genuinely honourable colleagues. Innovation at a snail's pace, often for appearance rather than development of genuinely superior service for those in need.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company but it requires management shakeup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bupa full-time

Pros

Great Culture Flexible working environment Reasonable Benefits

Cons

Too slow to change Bureaucratic Likes to retain even bad performers

Resourcing Partner

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Bupa. We always love hearing from current employees, so thank you for reaching out . It's pleasing to hear you speak highly of our amazing culture and enjoy flexibility in your role. Would you be open to sharing more information regarding the cons you shared? There are some interesting points which we would understandably like to explore. We can be contacted by emailing: employeefeedback@bupa.com.au or alternatively, if you are not comfortable doing this or identifying yourself, please post details of your concerns on Bupa’s “Speak Up” website (www.bupa.com/speakup) – this can be done anonymously if you wish. Best, Nhi & Ryan - Bupa People Team ANZ.

"Good intentions but lacking meaningful action. Very poor."

1.0
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Building location in Melbourne CBD, working environment is flexible. Pay is quite good.

Cons

Poor financial planning every single year for project spend, inadequate benefits schemes (ironically similar sized employers offer better discounts on health insurance. Agile practice is totally flawed and viewed purely as a delivery mechanism vs the wholesale change needed, because there is little buy-in for the organisational to allow it to work. The purpose of `longer, healthier, happier lives` does not translate into anything meaningful into people goals. There is little in the way of support for career development or conversations to support this.

Resourcing Partner

Hi there, Always great to get feedback from current staff. We would be really interested in setting up a time to learn more about your insights, Would you be interested in having a confidential discussion? If so, could you please contact Nhi & Ryan from the People team. We can be contacted by emailing employeefeedback@bupa.com.au If you would like to provide your contact details, we will call you to further discuss or alternatively, arrange a time to catch up if that suits. If you are not comfortable doing this or identifying yourself, please feel free to post details of your concerns on Bupa’s “Speak Up” website (www.bupa.com/speakup) – this can be done anonymously. We really appreciate hearing from you and hope to hear back! Best, Nhi and Ryan - Bupa People Team ANZ.

4. "Project Manager"

Project Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Bupa

Pros

Great support for employees to live a healthy lifestyle Flexible working environment Great discounts to health insurance

Cons

Limited training opportunities for continuous improvement

"good"

Current Employee - AIN in Brisbane

I have been working at Bupa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work environment is good as well as staff and management t

Cons

some times too much work load

Continue reading
  6. "Great company lead by it's values and purpose"

Current Employee - Recruitment Marketer in Salford, North West England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're trusted to do the right thing for yourself and for Bupa and are given the autonomy to do just that. They offer a flexible work environment to suit your needs, including working from home days so you can have a great work life balance. Very modern office based in Salford Quays with good transport links. Overall a decent benefits package including discounted health cover and performance based bonus. The company has a heavy focus on Diversity and Inclusion.

Cons

It's a global organisation with a complex structure which can at times cause the lines of accountability to blur, however when you settle this does become much clearer.

Bupa Response

It's wonderful to read your positive review and thanks for recognising the flexible work environment and benefits package we offer. I wish you the best in your current role.

7. "Amazing Company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Operations Manager in Chesterfield, England

I worked at Bupa full-time

Pros

Customer Focused Supportive Engaging Great working environment Flexibility Treat you as an individual

Cons

To much red tape at times which can have an impact on getting projects off the ground.

Strategic Attraction and Social Media Manager

Thanks for sharing your 5* review. It's great to hear positive feedback on our customer focused approach and supportive working environment. If you do feel there are some obstacles to getting projects off the ground we encourage everyone to speak with their managers to discuss how to overcome. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

8. "A great place to eork"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst in Brighton, England

I worked at Bupa for more than a year

Pros

Really good working environment

Cons

None that I can think of

Bupa Response

Thank you for sharing your review, I really do appreciate you taking the time. It's great to read your review, and I couldn't agree more, Bupa has a really good working environment and is a great place to work! I wish you every success for the future.

9. "Fantastic company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Head of Digital Commercial in Salford, North West England, England

I have been working at Bupa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment and a supportive business to work for who really take care of their people. Fresh working approaches encourage flexibility in both working location and working schedule... which makes work life balance fantastic.

Cons

Huge organisation which can take a long time to move. Huge range of stakeholders and business units to manage.

Bupa Response

Thank you for your 5* review I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and I couldn't agree with you more, Bupa is a fantastic company to work for. I'll be sure to share your feedback. Thanks again for sharing your review.

10. "Communications Consultant"

Former Employee - Communications Consultant in Caracas, Capital District

I worked at Bupa part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working and friendly working environment

Cons

No cons to mention. Overall I will recommend everyone to work for Nelson Rivera

Found 27 reviews