Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 23 Mar 2019

3.3
Campbell Soup Company CEO Mark Clouse
Mark Clouse
Pros
Cons
  • "No work life balance, often work 7 days a week with little notice, often told one thing and another will happen(in 21 reviews)

• "Especially in the upper management of the plant(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"They were good at one time."

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Richmond, UT

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is very stable and you have a consistent work schedule. The pay is average to above average depending on what you do. Their benefits are good, 401K, health and dental.

Cons

This company was the one of the top in the area 20+ years ago when I started. Had many awesome benefits. That is why I started with them. But in the last 8+ years they have become just another run of the mill company. The benefits were stellar and are now average. The have cut out many benefits that they use to have. They do very little in the way of internal development of leaders. They prefer to bring people in from outside instead of training and helping current employees to be better and help the company be better. There is little investment in the larger employee work pool. Even for those who have college degrees. They are looked over for who know what reason. They pay you the same weather you have been at the job one week or 20 years. There has been millions of dollars saved over the years due to some employees efforts and schooling. But there is no pay back. There is little given back to employees that have many years of experience and employees are seen as a commodity and not a resource. It is too bad that things have progressed to this level. There are fewer and fewer long time employees. Especially in the upper management of the plant. They are there to get what they can and leave. No more buy in. To bad. Was a great company to work for at one time.

2. "Great Place to Work"

5.0

I worked at Campbell Soup Company part-time

Pros

Good pay, good coworkers, direct management was understanding and reasonable.

Cons

Sometimes upper management didn't seem to understand what we could and couldn't do.

3. "Store Manager"

1.0
    Former Employee - Executive Field Trainer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was all hell including the supervisor Lori Blair who is the most unethical person I’ve ever met.

Cons

Work load, work/life balance, compensation, lack of staff, lack of support from upper management.

"Bentonville Boys Club"

1.0

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Worked with good non management people, nice office, some managers really care and are good

Cons

Some managers do not care about your development and only care about looking good for upper management.

Continue reading

"Safety and Health Manager"

I worked at Campbell Soup Company

Pros

Majority of floor associates (80%) are there to contribute to making Pepperidge Farm a great place to work.

Cons

Majority of upper management (80%) are there to collect a check and not make waves for fear of retaliation. Limited room for advancement. Limited support from upper management. Excessive hours. Required to work majority of holidays.

Continue reading
  6. "Retail Business Manager"

4.0

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Allowed creativity and innovative ideas to flow across several channels, and marketing the brands company own. Company invested in their employees with self growth and team engagement through the the year.

Cons

Company lost structure with upper management which affected the layoff of thousands of emoloyees, I along with many 20+ year veterans were "let go" right before a major holiday and seemed like the company didn't care about our well-being.

Continue reading

"Not what it used to be"

2.0

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company for more than 10 years

Pros

Good products, fellow peers are wonderful to work with

Cons

Upper management is a joke. Not the family atmosphere it used to be. Micro managed. Forced out quality employees, hired young individuals who are clueless and dont care

8. "Campbell Soup"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Well compensated. Well known Brands.

Cons

Poor systems. Upper management issues. No loyalty to employees. Brands all in decline

9. "Labeler, night cleaner, case packer"

5.0
    Former Employee - Labeler, Case Packer in Napoleon, OH

I worked at Campbell Soup Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was talking to a friend request how I would like a second chance ,tamra Clark and I did like it.

Cons

Getting along with fellow members, being extra careful. Coming to work on time and try not to miss, unless emergency. And if a problem came go to upper management

"District Sales Manager"

2.0

I have been working at Campbell Soup Company full-time

Pros

Good experience with working with chain accounts.

Cons

Very Micromanaged company. Not truthful to employees from upper management. Upper management has no idea of the amount of time a district manager spend on the job. I would say a average weekly hours are 60 hrs. Not a good work life balance environment.

Found 17 reviews