I worked at Canadian Internet Registration Authority as a contractor (More than 3 years)
Good work environment with lots of added perks and good people
Interesting field of work
Nice office. Coffee machine; beer keg; view of football stadium to watch games
Nothing negative to report. Overall a great place to work.
Advice to Management
I think management was doing a good job. Keep it up and I recommend the job to anyone looking at working there.
I worked at Canadian Internet Registration Authority full-time (Less than a year)
Perks (gym , coffee , lunch out , tickets ) and benefits (health and dental is good)
Office view on TD place
1. Middle management and team leads have no idea what they’re doing , promotions based on favoritism , no real performance metrics .
2. Salary below average of the market .
3. One of the least diverse organizations in Ottawa
4. 80% of work is done by contractors and vendors , employees are “gate keepers” in spite of that , there’s too much ego and privileged employees who pretend “they know it all “.
5. Don’t fall in the trap of marketing CIRA as “best employer in Canada or Ottawa ”
6. There’s no on boarding process.
7. No work from home policy but managers and team leads can do whatever they like ... work from , take vacation more than their yearly allowance.
8. You can burn money up on traveling, conferences and training if you know how to suck up to higher-ups
Advice to Management
1.Restructure CIRA’s organization chart from ground up , change reporting structure of teams and departments.
2. build and enforce culture of what CIRA should looks like a (Startup , NGO , government Agency , enterprise ) because now it’s a mishmash of all bad things from all 4.
3. build a more diverse leadership team from visible minorities and women.
4. Put some of the grants that being given to external organizations, into internal innovation (CIRA Labs) which would make a room to grow for employees , retain employees and make CIRA thinks forward.
- Fantastic projects
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Great culture and social commitee
- Location is difficult to get to using public transport (although very cool area!)
- Disconnect between some of the departments
I have been working at Canadian Internet Registration Authority full-time
CIRA offers a state-of-the-art office; top-notch talent and great team environment. High expectations for both effort and output, but well rewarded.
Senior leadership team is all male; organization is working through shift in strategic direction, having challenge with identifying priorities.
I have been working at Canadian Internet Registration Authority full-time (Less than a year)
one of the most relaxed places, great office, great team morale
haven't noticed anything bad yet
I worked at Canadian Internet Registration Authority full-time (More than 3 years)
Good benefit and good start salary.
bad compensation. too political. not organized. bad office location to commute
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?