Canstar Reviews

Updated 11 Apr 2021

3.1
Canstar CEO Andrew Spicer (no image)
Andrew Spicer
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with great people

11 Apr 2021 - Group Manager in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, benefits, interesting work, supportive executive leadership

Cons

None that are deal breakers

2. 5.0

Great

8 Apr 2021 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management are supportive & open to ideas

Cons

Hard to see everyone when not in office all the time

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're happy you feel supported in your role and that you believe we are open to new ideas. COVID-19 has been challenging for those of us in the team who love to see each other and socialise. Hopefully the vaccine rollout will end sooner rather than later and we don't have to take restrictive measures to social distance. In the meantime, please feel free to consider coming into the office more than 2 days a week if you want to engage with people in person more often.

3. 5.0

great

23 Feb 2021 - Specilalist in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

social club, work life balance, young

Cons

nothing really, a good company to work for

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working at Canstar and especially our social club events! We love hosting fun events for staff like cocktail making classes, bowling, or karaoke, and it's good to hear you got involved. One of our key philosophies at Canstar is to 'Live and Work Positively' and work-life balance is one of the foundations of the positive culture here. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your career journey!

4. 4.0

Good culture, good team

17 Nov 2020 - Software Developer in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice office, decent coffee machine, good culture, free lunch (sometimes) , work life balance

Cons

hmm, pay, compare to industry standard

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Canstar. It's great to hear that you experienced a positive office environment and culture - we pride ourselves on continuously striving to create a healthy workspace and work-life balance for the team. Thank you for being a part of the Canstar journey!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

good

24 Oct 2020 - Research Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, work life balance

Cons

Limited career development opportunities and salary growth

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working at Canstar and enjoyed a positive work-life balance as one of our key philosophies at Canstar is to 'Live and Work Positively'. We're also encouraged to hear that your feedback reflects our good company culture. We are always striving to build upon these foundations. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your career journey!

6. 1.0

2/5

24 Dec 2020 - Consultant in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good lunch, staff meeting are good

Cons

Culture, work process is not good

2 people found this review helpful

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the lunches and staff meetings. We're sorry to hear that you felt the culture and work process were not good and would love to learn more about your experience - please reach out to us so that we can learn from your insight. Thank you!

7. 5.0

Flexibility + work/life balance

28 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

Canstar is very flexible with hours, work from home and time off as I experienced in my position. The culture is social - there are lots of morning teas, nibbles, arvo drinks, etc. and it makes for a casual, friendly environment. There are lots of perks like subsidised massages and they're always coming up with new employee incentives and addressing things like pay and more hard benefits. I reported to really good people whom I respect, found the exec team to be down to earth and sincere, and even got to travel. So I can say I recommend both the Brisbane and the Sydney office! It's a young culture but as it grows more experienced people are being recruited. I've had a good experience at Canstar, met some really great people and I would recommend them as an employer.

Cons

I don't agree with previous posts about a boys club or the comments about the executive team. There are a lot of really influential female and male leaders within the business and the staff is split equally.

People & Culture Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear you are making use of our flexible working arrangements and enjoy the positive culture we have developed at Canstar. We are also proud of our gender diversity and strong representation of women in leadership positions, and are encouraged to hear that your experiences with management were supportive. We look forward to continue building upon these positive aspects.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bitterly disappointing and unprofessional

13 Jan 2020 - Systems Analyst in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yeh not much really. Some free coffee and staff leaving parties.

Cons

This place is difficult and there's a constant turnover of junior staff who do really menial and labourious roles. There's all this talk about culture but it's all fake and the real problems are ignored and not ever spoken about. The best advice for anyone is to keep your mouth shut and move on.

3 people found this review helpful

Group Executive, People & Operations

We are sorry to hear that your experiences were not all positive during your time at Canstar. We would be grateful if you were open to connecting with us via email at people@canstar.com.au to share your thoughts with us in more detail.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

15 Sep 2019 - Manager in Brisbane
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance, good leadership, and great working conditions

Cons

Only real con due to the size of the company, career progression maybe limited

1 person found this review helpful

Group Executive, People & Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying working at Canstar and have highlighted work-life balance as being a positive aspect. This aligns with one of our Employer Value Proposition pillars, which is to 'Live and Work Positively'. We are also encouraged to hear that your feedback reflects supportive experiences with management. We look forward to continue building upon these positive aspects.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

You don't know what is going on.

17 Mar 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free breakfast and people are friendly for the most part. The office spaces are nice even though they get noisy. There is a team to blame most of the time but if its not the most likeable person complaining no one does anything to stop it. I reckon everything will go well for you if you keep your head down and get through until you can get a good job. Don't let the great place to work ads fool you.

Cons

No real potential for career progression Low pay Low-intellect micromanagers No real training or development unless your a graduate in finance Incompetent digital Everyone sticks to their own teams and complains about the others Outlook doesn't look good

12 people found this review helpful