Capgemini Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated Nov 22, 2019

3.8
Capgemini CEO Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin
  1. "Capgemini's belief in me helped grow my career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Accommodating part timers, return to work parents and ability to work from home are top of mind and centre of heart for me to be successful; Capgemini are actively supportive of these flexible working options wherever possible. People are encouraged to drive their own careers; Capgemini supports this through the various opportunities we have with our clients , tech partners and community partners as well as... internal L&D programs. We have the option to get involved in initiatives, such as Corporate Social Responsibility (Diversity, Digital and Environment), Employee Resource Groups, Social Events and more.

Cons

As we are rapidly growing, our offices are becoming a bit of a squeeze, so having meetings and collaborating effectively without disrupting others is a bit of a challenge at times. But growing is a good sign!

Capgemini2019-10-09
  2. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good opportunity to work in diverse technologies, right from Grad to experienced, Most ethical company (awarded year on year), respects human values and provides equal opportunity to all, very talented management team

Cons

Nothing significant to mention, most of them are reviewed regularly and fixed

Capgemini2019-10-21
  3. "nice people, decent place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Adelaide
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are prepared to be flexible about working in different places Cap could be a very good place to work. If you're not on an assignment you're expected to do self-study or the like, which actually can be quite enjoyable, and obviously they keep paying you. How interesting the work is pretty much depends on the client, though Cap encourages you to suggest improvements in that regard. Pay is good; like all... consulting companies Cap charges a healthy premium for your time.

Cons

A lot of the internal processes are slow or clumsy. Increased overheads fulfilling HR processes. Cap is going through a period of growth and some processes might struggle for a while to keep up.

Capgemini2019-10-21
  4. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Test Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Place to work , flexible and happy work culture

Cons

Low career progression, very client focused

Advice to Management

Career Aspiration of resources

Capgemini2019-10-01
  5. "Don't know what to say"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Company to work as long as you wish to. HR is very fast and responsive.

Cons

Too much offshore presence. They come with short term 40 days visa for business blueprint and especially in build phase. Local resource preference very low. You will get fired any moment. There is no difference of contract with CG or full time. Too much politics amongst Sr Managers and Directors. No values for Junior resources. All credit goes to these Directors and Sr Managers upon success. If project fail... then credit goes to offshore and junior resource. Everyone is Manager at Capgemini. You can be Manager in 4 years even you joined as Graduate hire. Manager at capgemini = Consultant at market. Sr Manager = sr Consultant Any project build phase done with offshore resources. Local preference very low. Directors are so rude (having many examples) and not care about employee (Management knows about this but helpless as they have to run the business). you can expect a bad feedback if you not say good morning to your director. VP's are polite and understand your things. I saw many of these kind of greedy directors leave the company and joined other company as VP. God save them. Still lots are here and keep doing the same thing. Nobody knows the recruitment process. If you ever send any referral resume they will never come back. Go with CG's outside consultancy the recruitment team immediately call the candidate. Tried and tested in so many cases.

Advice to Management

Create more preferences for local resources. Sr Manager and Director's are need more training towards behaviour. Check the eligibility criteria / experience require to promote next level. Means don't fool to your client to present 4 years experience Manager and get billable. I know few and CG you know everything.

Capgemini2019-10-18
  6. "Horrible Culture"

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team outside of certain accounts, HR, Legal, Consulting

Cons

Sexist towards women and toxic work culture coming from leaders using intimation and bullying to meet unexpected deliverables.

Advice to Management

toxic behaviour from certain leaders needs to be assessed and ensure that people are a focus

Capgemini2019-10-17
  7. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Adelaide

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, excellent work culture

Cons

Parking facility not provided by the company

Capgemini2019-08-19
  8. "Review for Capgemini performance"

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Constructive environment to encourage Innovation & Leadership

Cons

Capgemini services could be provided in many more diverse sectors

Advice to Management

More access to higher management will help to set a vision for all

Capgemini2019-08-15
  9. "Capgemini Australia - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Capgemini work culture is aligned with its defined values Honesty, Boldness, Fun, Modesty, Freedom, Trust and Team Spirit. - Professional organization - Enormous opportunities to explore - Approachable leadership - Consulting Opportunities and Mindset - Pays as per the market - Diversity

Cons

No major focus on product development.

Capgemini2019-08-15
  10. "Amazing culture, Innovative place to work"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Room for new ideas -Management focuses on personal growth -Some great technical minds to work with -Flexible work hours and work from home option -Beer twice every month -Great social culture -Dynamic projects to work on with lot of exposure to new technologies

Cons

Not that I can think of

Capgemini2019-08-14