CarSense Reviews

Updated 1 Jan 2021

4.8
CarSense CEO Roger Penske
Roger Penske
Pros
  • "There was a Christmas Luncheon held in place of our annual Christmas Party (due to covid-precautions)(in 24 reviews)

• "We have such a great work environment(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Even when they have us working long hours at times, they still make us feel appreciated in the end(in 10 reviews)

• "However is it above and beyond any other dealership no(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Incredible Company, Exciting Job"

Current Employee - Inventory Manager

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are a lot of good things to say about Carsense, not sure how it all fits in a review. I've been with the company for about 8 years now, and I enjoy going to work day in and day out. I am challenged, I'm excited to learn and grow and improve myself and the company, and every day brings something a little new. It is nice to have the security of my job, in a company that is not only growing quickly, but excels at what they do in all departments. They stand behind and act out their values, like honesty and integrity, and respecting each other. It is a great team atmosphere, and people get along with each other and succeed together. We work hard but always find time to have some fun and get along. I have never had an issue taking time off or calling out because I needed to be home for family. Carsense has always been very flexible and understanding, which is incredibly important to me. They treat me like family, and I know they are respectful of my home life and work balance. Being able to have that balance between work and home life only helps me to be a better worker and pushes me to want to do more for the company. I miss the annual outing to Hershey (so did my kids), but what they did to stay open and keep people with the company during Covid is even more impactful. The way I was treated before, during, and after the thick of when the economy closed down, and Carsense had to fight to remain open, showed how much they valued the people that work for them. I am very thankful to be one of those employees of Carsense. I'm looking forward to many more years at Carsense, promotions, challenges, and hopefully more company events like the Christmas party, store lunches, and Hershey. They do so much for us that they don't have to. It's nice to be appreciated and recognized, and they make sure you are!

Cons

Like every job, there are stressful moments, long days, and unexpected obstacles that come up. I’ve worked jobs that I dreaded and hated, and it is hard to keep going back in day after day. Even after a bad day at Carsense, I still want to turn around and go back in the next morning to fix a problem, overcome an issue, and work alongside my colleagues. Nothing is perfect, but I genuinely look forward to where Carsense is heading, and where it will take me.

October 28, 2020

First and foremost, thank you very much for your contributions to CarSense, and for taking the time to leave such a heart-felt review! It’s always great to hear from a long-time associate that our culture is strong and thriving! The amazing can-do attitude of yours is what makes CarSense different from other workplaces. This year has definitely been filled with challenges, yet we are getting through it together. We are looking forward to returning to celebrating success with team building activities like Hershey Park, Movie Tavern and Spa days!. In the meantime, please reach out to HR with any ideas you have for fun events. We want to hear from you! CarSense will continue to grow and strengthen with outstanding associates like you on our team. Keep doing what you’re doing each and every day!

2. "Best Dealership I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Accounting in Chester Springs, PA

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work as a team so help is always available, There is plenty of opportunity for advancement, CarSense cares about their employees and supports you if they can. I feel appreciated through the Team building Fun days, Christmas time gifts, employee of the year, management is not shy on telling you that they appreciate everything you do.

Cons

I have found non of these yet.

January 15, 2021

We love to have fun at CarSense and carry the work as a team. Great to hear that you feel supported and you know the opportunities for growth are available. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing!

3. "CarSense has been so good to me!!"

Current Employee - Management in Glen Mills, PA

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CarSense has always been there for me both on a professional and personal level. Awesome work environment coupled with amazing team work makes it great to come to work. The culture here is sincerely great. I am thankful to be part of it!

Cons

None that come to mind. The pros always outweigh the cons.

January 15, 2021

What a fantastic review! We strive for that balance of work and fun. Investing in associates such as yourself is what makes all of us great. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback!

4. "A company that cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The atmosphere is positive and encouraging. Everyone makes an effort to make others feel included and valuable. Executives treat everyone with kindness and respect.

Cons

The hours can be long at times, but that's just the way things are in the car business. They always make sure you're taken care of though, buying food for the office if we need to work late and things like that.

January 15, 2021

First of all, thank you for your hard work and for taking the time to leave this review. Sometimes the hours can be long, and it is awesome you see the fun sprinkled in there as the “thank you” for it. Kindness and respect is what we do here!

5. "fun"

4.0
    Former Employee - Branchg Manager in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CarSense full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

helpful, work, hard, learning, marketing

Cons

too much time that I had to miss vacation

January 15, 2021

Thank you for taking time to leave this review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time at CarSense. I’m sorry to hear you had to miss vacation, and I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Mount Holly, NJ

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, feels like family, a lot of room for growth, Christmas party

Cons

Uniforms are outdated, desk should be more personal.

January 15, 2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We love the feedback and will see what the future holds for the uniforms. Don’t ever hesitate to give us your ideas.

7. "Carsense-An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Buyer/Inventory Manager

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Carsense is an amazing place to work from the culture to the work life balance to the management and the amazing people I get to work with on a daily basis. Carsense is a well run organization meeting the needs of both their employees and their customers on a daily basis. I am proud to be a part of the Carsense Family.

Cons

There are no negatives for working for Carsense

January 15, 2021

Well said! Thank you for taking the time to give us your perspective. Work/life balance is so important – so glad to hear that you feel that balance here. We will keep being there for you every day just like you are here for us!

8. "Best Job I Ever Had"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CarSense full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly work environment, fast-paced, large opportunity for growth, good pay, feeling appreciated and noticed for work done

Cons

Nothing to note on this

January 15, 2021

It’s so great to read this review and hear you feel appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

9. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at CarSense part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is super nice and friendly

Cons

I have no cons for this company!

January 15, 2021

Thanks for this review and your service!

10. "My First Week"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at CarSense full-time for less than a year

Pros

In the short time I have been with CarSense I have never been with a company that respects its employees. I hope to be here for a very long time!

Cons

I have no cons with CarSense/

January 15, 2021

Thanks for joining our team and leaving a review to let us know how we’re doing. We hope to have you with us for the long haul!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 316 English Reviews